The online racing simulator
What about banning MAC address' instead? They're a lot harder to change than IPs
Quote from dougie-lampkin :What about banning MAC address' instead? They're a lot harder to change than IPs

wouldn't you need a cisco router to do that?

any generic run-of-the-mill linksys router isn't going to have the ability to block by mac.

and mac is easily spoofable.
I meant for LFS to ban by MAC, instead of username. MACs are easy to fake, but IPs are even easier. It could also only allow one client per MAC to connect to the master server, so you couldn't run 2 LFS clients on one machine, while still allowing those running on LANs to connect each machine to a server
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I meant for LFS to ban by MAC, instead of username. MACs are easy to fake, but IPs are even easier. It could also only allow one client per MAC to connect to the master server, so you couldn't run 2 LFS clients on one machine, while still allowing those running on LANs to connect each machine to a server

another thing i forgot about... ARP doesn't work across routers... making any sort of MAC blocking impossible.
No, I meant as in the LFS client reports the machine's MAC (whether that be the ethernet card or wireless adaptor) to the master server, as part of whatever packets it usually sends. The server shouldn't look for the client's MAC by IP or whatever, it should be reported and checked against a list.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :No, I meant as in the LFS client reports the machine's MAC (whether that be the ethernet card or wireless adaptor) to the master server, as part of whatever packets it usually sends. The server shouldn't look for the client's MAC by IP or whatever, it should be reported and checked against a list.

you can change those too sadly.

ifconfig eth0 hw ethernet 00:00:00:00:00:00

I know, but hopefully it would be a bit harder for script kiddies than changing IP. Changing IP doesn't even need to have a PC turned on, just restart the router
-
(devs_suck) DELETED by Victor : we can do without your posts
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by Victor : related to deleted post
-
(dougie-lampkin) DELETED by Victor : related to deleted post
-
Meet the goatseforce (Fusion Dan) DELETED by Victor : Really sad person in action
-
(Fusion Dan) DELETED by Victor : Really sad person in action
-
(Fusion Dan) DELETED by Victor : Really sad person in action
-
(The Very End) DELETED by Victor : related to deleted post
-
(Fusion Dan) DELETED by Victor : more sadness
I didnt red all the posts, but there is a problem on this server.

Tonight, a guy called "Low Rider" came on it and start to wreck everybody.

His target was to empty the server.

Done....

After that, he took the control of the server, maybe with admin pass.

Honestly, i started to insult him.

He was always saying : "go to sleep lake", "leave the server lake".

And i answer... NO (lol)

After couple of minutes some friends of him came on this server.

And guess what ?

They start to cheat to beat PB's track lap.

One guy was hitting tyres in some turns, then the guy behind was doing

some shortcuts to beat server PB's time.

I really tried to bother them as they made the same thing for honest and fair drivers.

I have a replay if necessary, but im not sure this will be helpfull cos they

probably create a new LFS account.

One word......pooor guys
PS : here is the nick of 2 of them :

"147velho"

"Psysim"
They are copying the legit Low Rider
The legit Low Rider is on the Top Rankings for points and they are saying all this shit about AW being shutdown by goatseforce
man wtf has this world gotten to?
that's just sad. :sadbanana

edit: i tried joining antik rallycross the other day and got insta-banned by the same kind of crap...
Quote from lake10 :I have a replay if necessary, but im not sure this will be helpfull cos they

probably create a new LFS account.

One word......pooor guys

Please upload the replay here Lake, so I can have a look at it.
Quote from lake10 :PS : here is the nick of 2 of them :

"147velho"

"Psysim"

That's an S2 user
Quote from dougie-lampkin :That's an S2 user

Looking at the server log I do not think either Psysim or 147Velho were involved, however they had their nicknames cloned.
Once I have reveiwed the replay I can confirm my thoughts.
-
(lake10) DELETED by lake10
Quote from Anthoop :Looking at the server log I do not think either Psysim or 147Velho were involved, however they had their nicknames cloned.
Once I have reveiwed the replay I can confirm my thoughts.

And they talked about you (maybe you) : "saying u coming in a minute"....
Nice replay, loved especially few words about my country :]
Quote from Smolar :Nice replay, loved especially few words about my country :]

Im really sorry about that, dont remember that, i didnt wanted to say bad things about your country, but outisde this vid, they insulted me too.
So , with idiots i decided to be at the same level.

Dont take it bad, sorry again.

I apologize.
The most important thing is why the have admin acces.

This server is fun but maybe we should be able to have some vote kick/ban buttons for other wreckers.
Quote from lake10 :And they talked about you (maybe you) : "saying u coming in a minute"....

Thanks for the replay Lake, suspicions confirmed. The username 147vehlo is the real Low Rider (he is no trouble at all) , his nick was being used by one or two of these... mmm ... people!
All user names involved have been banned but please understand that they will make more accounts.
Should they join and start causing trouble again, just leave the server and rejoin later.
Quote from lake10 :The most important thing is why the have admin acces.

This server is fun but maybe we should be able to have some vote kick/ban buttons for other wreckers.

They do not have admin access and the vote/ban buttons are usually off to prevent them joining with multiple accounts and banning all.
I will send the replay by email for those who wants cos im really ashamed about what i said about Poland.

And what i said is not my kind of spirit.

I was very drunk and upset.
Quote from lake10 :Im really sorry about that, dont remember that, i didnt wanted to say bad things about your country, but outisde this vid, they insulted me too.
So , with idiots i decided to be at the same level.

Dont take it bad, sorry again.

I apologize.

No need to mate
-
Goatseforce the gathering (ugosleepnow) DELETED by Victor : Really sad person in action
-
(Zen321) DELETED by Victor : lets not give the sad people attention
-
Goatseforce the gathering (ugosleepnow) DELETED by Victor : More sadness
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by Victor : related to deleted post
-
(zeugnimod) DELETED by Victor : related to deleted post
-
(lfsboogeyman) DELETED by Victor : More sadness
psysim usually races on CLC. he's an s2 user.........good guy!

wish he'd come back though....
Quote from lake10 :PS : here is the nick of 2 of them :

"147velho"

"Psysim"

I know this could be 'digging up an old post' but its the first time I have seen this thread, and only just seen my name nearly being dragged through the mud. Umm what ever it was, I wasn't involved, I can tell that without reading too much, but I don't use your server and never have. However, this thread my explain why I had to contact Scawen to get my FIXED ip removed from a block list on the master server. Please, don't drag my name through the mud, even if I have banned you or even been rude to you for some reason, its just not nice.
Pathetic kids ruining servers
Well why not try the Redline way.

We have many trusted people that we assign as track marshals. They have ability to kick/ban etc..
If they were to abuse it, they would have that privelege removed (hasn't happened in the time I have been a team member)

We have voting switched off, it's just annoying and gets abused anyway.

We have no mid race join, so you dont get idiots joining in and ruining races. That also seems to put off most of the kiddies who want to cause trouble as they are too impatient to wait and just leave after a few seconds.

If there are no admins/marshals around you can usually contact one fairly quickly via our forums, or you can send replay evidence for us to ban later.

For the majority of the prime time racing our Demo servers are free of the sort of idiots you are talking about.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG