The online racing simulator
Range Rover
(64 posts, started )
Post in the correct section.

Why the Range Rover Vogue, at least suggest the Bowler Nemesis.
Quote from amp88 :I have an episode of evo car magazine in which they lapped a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S as quickly as a BMW M3 around a test track. I'd say that's sporty...

ahuuu...

did the track have a 5 mile straight, 2 corners and speedbumps?
bannanas another shity treat
Quote from Bandit77 :ahuuu...

did the track have a 5 mile straight, 2 corners and speedbumps?

And the M3 stopped for a picnic.
And then the M3 driver went to bed and woke up again to finish his lap?
Quote from amp88 :I have an episode of evo car magazine in which they lapped a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S as quickly as a BMW M3 around a test track. I'd say that's sporty...

As for quick BMW SUVs, surely you can't top the BMW X5 LM.

On topic I don't really see the point in SUVs in LFS.

Link or not true!
Proper off-road vehicles? Yes.
Fake off-road SUVs? Hell no.

I still hate SUVs with the burning passion of a thousand suns. Off-roading with low-profile tyres is a great idea, no really. And if you're not off-roading, why do you need such a beast of a car? Get a people-carrier if you need to carry people, that's where the name comes from.
Quote from Dajmin :Get a people-carrier if you need to carry people, that's where the name comes from.

Maybe some people (like my dad) need to pull heavy stuff, like a horsetrailer or a Boat that weighs 1800kg. Can you pull that with a small and underpowered people-carrier...........answer is NO.
So some people dont use SUV's for offroading but they do really need them.
Quote from G!NhO :Maybe some people (like my dad) need to pull heavy stuff, like a horsetrailer or a Boat that weighs 1800kg. Can you pull that with a small and underpowered people-carrier...........answer is NO.
So some people dont use SUV's for offroading but they do really need them.

People who tow heavy stuff get allowed, although how much better an SUV is for that than a standard Land Rover is another matter And I stand by the fact that off-roading in low-pro tyres is stupid
Quote from Dajmin :People who tow heavy stuff get allowed, although how much better an SUV is for that than a standard Land Rover is another matter And I stand by the fact that off-roading in low-pro tyres is stupid

well a standard Land Rover (TD5?) cant pull sh!t.
I know someone that has a fully upgraded Jeep Wrangler, they put it on a trailer behind a Land Rover TD5 and went to the ardenne in Belgium for some offroading, the Land Rover had a very hard time pulling the car up some hills on the road, they were driving 20kmh because the Land Rover wasnt strong enough to pull the Jeep.

My dad once had to pull a Aggregate(?) which weighed 3000kg, he was the only one with a car that was able to pull it. The car was Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9l V8.
Well y'see I don't know that the mid-90s models of Grand Cherokee count as SUVs, I'd have called them proper off-road 4x4s since they have rugged tyres and big bodies and sit feet off the ground.
The newer models, on the other hand, have more sporty tyres and lowered suspension, which doesn't really say "I churn through 3 feet of mud without thinking" as much as "I run 6 kids to football practice"
true, the one my dad has now does have street tyres. look.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff267/ginho8/jeep.jpg

The older one did have bigger offroad tyres and more ground clearence.

The newest GC has even less ground clearence and it doesnt have a solid front axle which makes it worse offroad.
Quote from G!NhO :well a standard Land Rover (TD5?) cant pull sh!t.
I know someone that has a fully upgraded Jeep Wrangler, they put it on a trailer behind a Land Rover TD5 and went to the ardenne in Belgium for some offroading, the Land Rover had a very hard time pulling the car up some hills on the road, they were driving 20kmh because the Land Rover wasnt strong enough to pull the Jeep.

My dad once had to pull a Aggregate(?) which weighed 3000kg, he was the only one with a car that was able to pull it. The car was Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9l V8.

well tbh comparing a2.5litre diesel to a 5.9litre v8 is a bit stupid, of coirse the v8 is gonna have more power but it isnt just power thats makes a good tow car. as for the td5 a little tweeking can make it an extremly capable tow car
Quote from james12s :well tbh comparing a2.5litre diesel to a 5.9litre v8 is a bit stupid, of coirse the v8 is gonna have more power but it isnt just power thats makes a good tow car. as for the td5 a little tweeking can make it an extremly capable tow car

He was talking about a standard Land Rover for towing stuff and i gave an example.

Ok, now my dad has a 4.7l v8 and it does the job fine too, the 4.0l straight 6 did the job fine too.
The Land Rover is a great offroader but its not powerfull.
i do see your point, some people like them as tow cars some dont and the td5 engine is one that not everyone likes but others love. for me the best towing land rovers have to be v8's weather it be a defender, discovery or range rover
yes you are right.
My dad bought a V8 4.4 BMW engine range rover.
Its for towing my brothers race car though.
Quote from harjun :yes you are right.

Quote from harjun :yes you are right.

Cool!

Not.
Land ROver + BMW engine is a FAIL
lol yh maybe, the bmw diesel they put in the p38 (second gen) range rover was a total fail but its not too bad when its a v8
Quote from G!NhO :Land ROver + BMW engine is a FAIL

coming from the person who thinks an X5 is a sporty car...?
Are you like stupid or something.
The X5 v8 is the same as in a Range rover. And the early Range rover vogues had BMW engines, which proved to be way more reliable than the vogues with the Jaguar engines a few years later.
And if you wanted a sporty car you wouldn't be stupid enough to buy a range rover for that price anyway.
And plus, people dont realise how good the range rover is as a tow car, theres actually a video of it easily towing a jumbo jet. Most farmers have vogues, and the car is used for Towing or image, not a Sporty car.
The supercharged sport is only 1 second faster than the non supercharged one from 0-60...
Get over it

At least James knows something.
When you are towing a 850kg trailer plus a 1.2 Tonne race car to germany and back, you want a good ride with no worries, and for it to be comfortable.
it only does 15mpg though lol!

Range Rover
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG