The online racing simulator
Do you still remember this?
(34 posts, started )
Meh, good ol' times.

Attached images
goodolwin3.png
You tripped on LSD often too?
Quote from spankmeyer :You tripped on LSD often too?

As if he or anyone else could ever beat you in that respect.

On topic: Yes i do. Do i get a cookie now?
Quote from 510N3D :As if he or anyone else could ever beat you in that respect.

On topic: Yes i do. Do i get a cookie now?

No
What am I remembering?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :What am I remembering?

The old times when windows still looked like tath

Do i still remember it?
well..jein...Ive seen windows 3.x and used it, but at least win98 or winxp was on our pc at that time.
everyone remembers windows 3.1 don't they?? or is it windows 3.0. Whichever, its old.
#8 - senn
Remember this?
Quote from senn :Remember this?

all i see is a little white square about 10 pixels big with some coloured shapes in it.
EDIT, slow browser, i see know, and yes, i do vaguely remember it. God im old.
64k?!??! thats more than i haz!!!
Ca cromo
#12 - DeKo
my first memory of computers was an old mac OS (no idea which, was on a laptop, didnt have proper colour) which sang a wee song "i love trashhhh" and the icon danced about when you put something into the trash can. was brilliant.

okay, actually researched this, was mac OS 7 apparently, it was awesome.
The first PC I had was given to us by my aunt & uncle. The CPU was Pentium Family 100MHz, it had a 1GB HDD and, I believe, 16MB of RAM. It ran Windows 95. At the time I knew pretty much nothing about PCs (not much has changed then... ) so when I ran out of hard drive space I did a Windows search for all the files on the drive, sorted by biggest filesize first and started deleting them. I got more free space, but next time I rebooted the machine it failed to start properly...
#14 - senn
First PC was an IBM XT, monochrome gfx, 40mb hdd IIRC, 640kb ram. We had the c64 a few years after that
Quote from senn :First PC was an IBM XT, monochrome gfx, 40mb hdd IIRC, 640kb ram. We had the c64 a few years after that

Luxury. I still have my first one, the old faithful Panasonic "portable" 8088 with two DD floppy drives, naturally no hd, green monochrome and built-in matrix printer. Dos 2.11. and 512kb ram. Damn hard to drive full lap without crashing in Indy500, but doable.
I do love how the forum has totaly ignored the supposed own and is making something useful out of a rickroll thread

My first IBM Compatible had twin floppies, an 8mhz CPU, and the latest Herculese >>>graphics<<< card, yes mine actually did graphics! It had a daisy wheel printer that was louder than my stereo.
Did I miss the testpatch containing the cyrillic font-pack for win 3.1?
Quote from Shadowww :Meh, good ol' times.

Remember it? I still have the 7 floppies it (one of the editions) came on
Haha, I remember this! I always used to use the Packard Bell Navigator software instead of the Windows UI at first because it had a cool whistling cartoon guy
At least it was a graphical interface.

My first pc had this interface:

And a bit later later this:

btw, the file manager and graphical interface of Windows 3.1 were still shipped with Windows XP, they were removed since XP SP2. start -> run -> progman for the graphical interface, and start -> run -> winfile for the file manager.
Quote from kingfag :At least it was a graphical interface.

My first pc had this interface:

And a bit later later this:

btw, the file manager and graphical interface of Windows 3.1 were still shipped with Windows XP, they were removed since XP SP2. start -> run -> progman for the graphical interface, and start -> run -> winfile for the file manager.

Don't you know how to launch Windows 1.0 or 2.0 in VirtualBox or QEMU? For me it just beeeeeeeps
Quote from the_angry_angel :Remember it? I still have the 7 floppies it (one of the editions) came on

Hehe classic. Directly above me on my bookshelf now is the Windows 3.1 User guide, and the MS-DOS 5.0 User guide, still as mint as the day I got them. God knows why they're still on my shelf.
Quote from kingfag :btw, the file manager and graphical interface of Windows 3.1 were still shipped with Windows XP, they were removed since XP SP2. start -> run -> progman for the graphical interface, and start -> run -> winfile for the file manager.

Yeah there's a cool trick for hacking locked down till systems if you edit the win.ini to load progman.exe or taskman.exe as the shell=

It's also a brilliant way of screwing with display PC's in shops, that and a entry in the RUN section of the registry for an obscure error message ;P.

They've done away with it now so no idea how i'd hack a modern till until i'm next committing fraud, i'll let you know when I do...

I'm really not an anarchist, honestly anymore.
Now we're into my generation:

I had a ZX81 (1k RAM expandable to 16k!), a 48k Spectrum +, 2 Spectrum +2A's and a +3 (which still works as far as I know). Those were the days.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG