The online racing simulator
Forum Font Changed?
(15 posts, started )
#1 - amp88
Forum Font Changed?
Did the forum font just change for everyone else or am I imagining things?
#2 - senn
nope looks normal here...sure u didn't hit CTRL+0, or select a different font?
Ok, now that I've hit Ctrl+0 how do I get it back?
#4 - amp88
Pressing Ctrl+0 (Control plus zero) does nothing for me...I'm sure I didn't do it before though. I haven't changed any settings in User CP.

edit: I've attached a screenshot showing the font I see. Using Firefox 3.0.7. Tried emptying cache.
Attached images
fontisee.jpg
#5 - senn
#6 - amp88
Quote from senn :amp88 - thats what the forums look like. Thats what they've always looked like. Unless you had another weird default font...

Hmmm...well, that's not what it's looked like for me since I can remember...I've reinstalled Vista in the past month and when I did it was at a different font out of the box. I don't understand it...just means I'll need to get used to this font now. When I use Ctrl+Mousewheel (to change font size) I've found one that looks like what I was used to, but I don't think it's exactly the same. Meh, probably PEBKAC. Thanks.
#7 - senn
ctrl + mousewheel isn't font size, it's a zoom adjustment
What mine looks like, think your just a little zoomed out, does look a little different.
Attached images
amp.jpg
#9 - (SaM)
Both of the above screenshots look completely different from mine.

I see a new thread coming; Post The Way Your LFS Forum Font Looks ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last Page)
Verdana is the normal font. For some reason yours changed to Arial. I don't know how to fix that.
It looks normal here, perhaps there is a way to change the standard font of the forum and you've done it in your sleep Amp?
Looks terrible to me, but then I don't like Windows' font rendering one little bit. I've opted for something a little...nicer
Attached images
fonts.png
Quote from amp88 :I've reinstalled Vista in the past month and when I did it was at a different font out of the box. I don't understand it...just means I'll need to get used to this font now. .

Vista has ClearType enabled by default whereas XP doesn't, so Vista fonts look smoother. Might that be the change?
Quote from amp88 :well, that's not what it's looked like for me since I can remember...

In Firefox menu go to Tools -> Options then open the Content tab and in the Fonts & Colors section click on the Advanced button.

The default settings for western countries are like these:

Set the settings like that and make sure that the "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above" option is ticked. Then close and restart Firefox.

More informations can be found here:
http://support.mozilla.com/en- ... s+window#Fonts_amp_Colors

As Lateralus said the default font for this forum is Verdana so check in the Windows Control Panel -> Fonts if this font is installed and if the files are physically present in the \Windows\Fonts folder (4 files: Verdana.ttf, Verdanab.ttf, Verdanai.ttf, Verdanaz.ttf).
Quote from pb32000 :Vista has ClearType enabled by default whereas XP doesn't, so Vista fonts look smoother. Might that be the change?

and by smooth he actaully means larger fuzzy and colourful

Forum Font Changed?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG