The online racing simulator
maybe mclaren have some problems? Look at the times they are more than 1s behind and the are desperate. But times wise they might be holding back. From my point of view they are behind some other teams with the cars performance.
Haven't they recently been trying wacky things involving floors and taping bits of rear wings - or either that race simulations.
where does that stuff cum from?
From that photo it looks more like they've followed the McLaren recently, rather than applied it themselves...
I'm trying my best to get excited about the new season, but I just can't look at these cars without thinking "upright vacuum"
Quote from SamH :I'm trying my best to get excited about the new season, but I just can't look at these cars without thinking "upright vacuum"

From certain angles, some are quite nice:

Others are hopeless:

-
(Lateralus) DELETED by Lateralus : duplicate
Quote from BenjiMC :where does that stuff cum from?

You're terrible.

Anyway, latest test times.

Barcelona Day 1:
1. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber F1.09, 1:20.338
2. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari F60, 1:20.908
3. Jarno Trulli, Toyota TF109, 1:20.937
4. Jenson Button, Brawn BGP 001, 1:21.140
5. Nelson Piquet, Renault R29, 1:21.662
6. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso STR4, 1:22.158
7. Mark Webber, Red Bull RB5, 1:22.246
8. Adrian Sutil, Force India VJM02, 1:22.452
9. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams FW31, 1:22.813
10. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren MP4-24, 1:22.948

Barcelona Day 2:
1. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari F60, 1:20.314
2. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams FW31, 1:20.907
3. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn BGP 001, 1:20.966
4. Jarno Trulli, Toyota TF109, 1:21.182
5. Mark Webber, Red Bull RB5, 1:21.347
6. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber F1.09, 1:21.615
7. Adrian Sutil, Force India VJM02, 1:21.834
8. Fernando Alonso, Renault R29, 1:21.937
9. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren MP4-24, 1:21.991
10. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso STR4, 1:23.039

Something tells me that brawns car is going to be slower then what its showing.

Hope its not though, love the fact it seems priveteer teams are on the rise!

and Mclaren either are testing its reliability or that car is slow as ****(it was doing the same times when it was leading the tests last time).
What's the deal with the chimneys? Looks like someone inside has announced "Up periscope!"...................."aye sir, up periscope".
I believe it's to get a pitot tube up out of the disturbed air as much as possible for accurate speeds - both to calibrate the normal monocoque mounted pitot, and to allow for more accurate aerodynamic analysis.

But they do look silly don't they! Maybe it's the F1 equivalent of chase view?
Quote from sinbad :What's the deal with the chimneys? Looks like someone inside has announced "Up periscope!"...................."aye sir, up periscope".

Epic!
Quoted!
1º Button 1.19.127,
2º Massa 1.20:168 [en pista],
3º Glock 1:20:410,
4º Alonso 1:20:863,
5º Vettel 1:21:165,
6º Kubica 1:21:201,
7º Rosberg 1:21:407 [en pista],
8º Fisichella 1:21:545 [en pista],
9º Buemi 1:21:569,
10º Hamilton 1:21:657.

lol more rumours keep suggesting McLaren have messed up big time regarding development. Button on a low fuel run of course, and McLaren are running heavy but it is slowly being confirmed McLaren are in trouble. Should be an interesting year watch Heikki and Lewis dual for 19th and 20th places

That is of course if they are not playing the biggest sand bagging trick ever!

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoEvType&id=10004354 hhhmm.. i don't gamble but those odds are tempting!
They might be bluffing, who knows?

It would be nice to see the old order completely turned on its head.
Well on the testing videos back from the Jerez tests McLaren clearly wasn't getting on the throttle anywhere near as early as anyone else. To me it looked like they were sandbagging. James Allen confirmed they wait another 50m to get on the throttle than any other car in Barcelona.

50m is a considerable amount of time to be waiting to put on the throttle. How can a car BE THAT bad?
Well if thats the case.
Kovi's reactions were slow, thats why.
very true Kimi gets away first, but this type of rear traction issue has plagued them in testing... apparently.

Thing is this people say they are waiting 50m to get on the throttle. This to me is too much. WHat you would generally see with a bad car is that maybe they go 10m or 20m later on the throttle but you would see some loading at the rear, some slip on ther tyres, and maybe the rear end will be slightly lose.

Kinda similar to the issues McLaren had at Malaysia last year but worse.

What we are seeing with McLaren from the videos at least is them going into a corner and literally coasting around and then blending the throttle on. How can you tell it has rear traction issues when they aren't even using the throttle?

I can only imagine they have MASSIVE rear end issues and it's like driving on ice, or they are sandbagging. Mind you the driver is sitting further back 'SUGGESTING' more weight distribution to the rear than other cars so this is odd (non scientific analysis of driver position vs weight distribution)

btw Hamilton's just binned it lol
Diffusers giving them trouble I hear, which would make sense.

Perhaps its 2004 all over again for Mclaren.

Brawn are doing ok, but Buttons on a light load to be setting times like that, I think they're trying to show off to attract sponsors while the rest of the grid is taking things a little easier.

I would laugh so much if it turns out Brawn really are on the race pace in Australia, but I doubt it very muchly.
Thjey aren't running their race spec diffuser yet tho apparently? 2004 again.. if times are actually representive (which I doubt) this will be worse than any year for McLaren

Hamilton binned it Turn 3 which is an odd place to crash.

2009 spec. Formula 1 Cars
(667 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG