The online racing simulator
The TBO Challenge - Shootout Idea (Please Comment)
Hey Lads,

I would like to attempt to get the reserves involved in as much racing as possible, and I have an idea on how to involve them. The plan is:

24 Hours before the race, drivers PB's will be checked, and the fastest 32 will be confirmed starters for the race. This would happen before each round. The best of the rest will then be invited to fill in places if drivers fail to turn up.

Please give me your comments on this, it's just an idea, and I would like to get some feedback before the scheme is put in place.

Cheers

Chris
#2 - J@tko
Online PBs = FAIL because of drafting.

Plus, Online PBs FAIL because the RB4 sucks. You'll get a field of XRTs and FXOs.
Bloody hell, you were quick off the mark!
#4 - J@tko
Shootout race ?
#6 - J@tko
Quote from aobrien :Shootout race ?

Ditto about no RB4s.

Ooooh, how about doing it how the STCC did it [having seperate cars], so have:
  • Short race for each car separately before the event, and have the top x go through?
I don't race in this series, but I can tell you that you'll regret doing it after a couple more events. LFS events don't increase in popularity as they progress, they almost always decline. So by the end of the season, doing this shootout would prove completely pointless because even with all the reserves turning up, you won't have a full grid.
While we have the people signed up however, we need to try and get everyone involved. I'm liking the idea of having 3 small races prior for each car, but i'm going to wait for more opinions.
I don't think it's worth it.

I can almost guarantee you that you won't have any more than 30 drivers who turn up to the first event.

Also about the online PBs: You can't check if the FXO PBs were driven with the 3% restriction or not.
i dont like the idea and if it going to be like that i will quit from this
Has anyone tested this before posting? If its just an idea, sorry, but its a little silly as it will inspire posts like #10, then you start being held to ransom etc.

Do some testing, research etc, then come back with a working concept before introducing it to drivers.

Just the opinion of an outsider.
I have decided to retract the idea of the shootout etc.

Series almost always decline, and I am sure that some drivers will have dropped out by rounds 2 or 3, so unless something amazing happens and the popularity goes up, we will run the drivers confirmed in the sign on list. We ask ALL drivers to join the server, and drivers from the reserve list will be asked to leave if a place cannot be found for them.

Cheers

Chris
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG