The online racing simulator
Garrrr iRacing!
(36 posts, started )
Quest what,

i having the some problem , all my bank / credit card accounds where blocked

i allready hated the game , and now i start hate the organistion

Dammm, Stupid stuff
Neteler and Paypal do this too to verify your bankaccount. It is not that strange.
Quote from Jakg :It just seems to make no sense that even when my bank said "no, **** off, you aren't getting his money", iR "accepted" me even though they had no way of taking any more $ from me - but had i not of had a card I wouldn't of been accepted...?

I'm not a banker, but to get it clear once and for all:

iRacing just sort of 'pings' your credit card. If it receives something back it's happy and goes away. The $1 is not taken, requested or reimbursed, it's a symbolic value for an action that has nothing to do with the transfer of money, at all.

Your bank spazzing out because of such a verification puzzles me, but I'm going to assume that it has an automated system that is not synchronized for a global market in which such verification processes are commonplace.

Change banks/cards or alternatively don't use it to buy anything out of the UK, or don't play iRacing

Have you mailed support? If you haven't then please do, and stop the speculations and conspiracy theories.
You guys act like you've never verified your bank/credit card before...

The fault is not on iRacing's, but on your bank.
#30 - Jakg
Quote from Jertje :iRacing just sort of 'pings' your credit card. If it receives something back it's happy and goes away. The $1 is not taken, requested or reimbursed, it's a symbolic value for an action that has nothing to do with the transfer of money, at all.

But why? Whats the point at ALL?
Quote from Jakg :But why? Whats the point at ALL?

You're not really familiar with the concept of verification of data, are you?
#32 - CSU1
...hehe just make another spreadsheet jakg
#33 - Jakg
Quote from bbman :You're not really familiar with the concept of verification of data, are you?

Not when it serves no purpose - no.

Please, enlighten me.
Quote from Jakg :Not when it serves no purpose - no.

Please, enlighten me.

Hi, I'm Jack Green.
Quote from Jakg :But why? Whats the point at ALL?

Quote from bbman :You're not really familiar with the concept of verification of data, are you?

Quote from Jakg :Not when it serves no purpose - no.

Please, enlighten me.

Right, it's a token gesture where in the event that a service (this instance iRacing) needs to verifies who you say you are, therefore they take a 'symbolic' dollar out of your bank account to get the details, cross match them with your entered details and then return the 'symbolic' dollar....safe in the knowledge that you are who you claim to be.

The reason for this being of 2.

1 - iRacing uses real names rather than something made up.

2 - to stop users already joined taking advantage of the deal.

Quote from zeugnimod :Hi, I'm Jack Green.

or what he said.

To sum up, your issue here is with your bank, not the service.
Sorry to dig up the thread!

I have recieved my Alliance & Leicster debit card today and want to try out iRacing for a month. Was the problem with the trial only?

I don't really wan't to spazz my card out on the first day of having it lol.

Garrrr iRacing!
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG