The online racing simulator
Ecclestone "requests" USF1 name change, US Grand Prix Engineering born
Yeez...
Mister complainer...
hehe
i'd have told him to go screw himself. What about Honda when they were in F1? they were called Honda F1 Team as their full name.
Honda were participating at the time, USF1/USGPE aren't. I guess Bernie has to defend his trademark to an extent ...
FTA: It's only okay if "team" is attached to the name (which USF1 didn't seem to have).

IMO they should simply have added "team" at the end. GPE sounds just bad lol.
#7 - GabbO
WilliamsF1? Also without Team if i'm correct
If you read the article, they made an exception for williams, why? I don't know...Maybe because they are an older, more prestigious team.
i think its just the dwarf being very very picky.
#10 - 5haz
Bernie continues his campaign to piss off and alienate as many people as possible.
#11 - 5haz
Quote from 5haz :Because it's Bernie they're dealing with, most of his decisions are not made based on rational thought.

USGPE sounds shiet.
Quote from 5haz :Because it's Bernie they're dealing with, most of his decisions are not made based on rational thought.

"most"? I don't think any of his decisions are based on rational thought. In fact, I don't think he is capable of rational thought.
Quote from MAGGOT :"most"? I don't think any of his decisions are based on rational thought. In fact, I don't think he is capable of rational thought.

hes like 165 what do you expect.
It is AT&T Williams F1 Team, not Williams F1 And USF1 haven't the tiny word "team" in team name
Quote from TexasLTU :It is AT&T Williams F1 Team, not Williams F1 And USF1 haven't the tiny word "team" in team name

Williams Grand Prix Engineering Ltd. trading as AT&T WilliamsF1 Team, if you want to be super-accurate.
Burn-e Ecclestone
Quote from Mustafur :hes like 165 what do you expect.

No, he is 78 but he really thinks he can live up to 200 at least.
Bernie drinks the blood of babies in order to maintain his vitality.

Bernie will never die.
#21 - DeKo
lets take the irrational hatred of bernie out of the equation for 2 seconds, and look at the facts. This is completely rational, F1 is his trademark, why shouldnt he protect it?
Actually, "F1" is not a trademark. In 2007 Formula One Group failed to register it.
#23 - DeKo
Quote from deggis :Actually, "F1" is not a trademark. In 2007 Formula One Group failed to register it.

Fair enough then, USF1 could have just told them to piss off. Funny that they didnt.
Can't they ccall it USF1 Team officially but their logo USF1 only and whenever ppl talk bout them they'll just say USF1 lol.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
If you actually read it out loud, it reads as "United States F1". I'm thinking Bernie thought it sounded too much like a US version of F1.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG