will we ever get NORDSHLEIFE?
(132 posts, started )
take a look @ it in Google Earth

"Zufahrt Nürburgring Nordschleife" lat=50.346659688, lon=6.96573178977

its known as the " hardest, fastest an longest Racetrack.. "
Jackie Stewart called it " The green Hell"

getin it in LFS would be great.. maybe.. lets see

AlexX!!
Hey nurburgring nuts, check this out, 1 minute update on the entrance (to the screen right) and exit (left) of the race track (note how its really just a toll booth to get on, just like any other highway)

http://nurburgring.org.uk/webcams.html

it musta been a bmw track day or somthin, there was a crapload of M3's and other bmw's out today, (note its probably nighttime there now, but during their day time you can watch it all day, and with the interesting things you'll see entering the track, you just might...

real speed record attempt with these fellahs...

It would be just a dream....the Nordschleife is for sure the best race track on this globe....!

I dont think the "lisence" is the problem....even in this free-game "racer.nl" there is an add on with a nice done Nordschleife track to download...

---anyway....as many said... let there be first the BF1....!

=)
Quote from Hyperactive :The 'ring is just long, narrow and hard. Fe black is piece of cake compared to ring. It's bumpy as hell, narrow, with lots and lots of difficult turns with one veery loong straght. And it takes ages to learn the track.

I've been several times to the ring now (and drove on it) and I have to say that it is the most exciting race track I know. The differences in height and the corners and the narrowness of the track are absolutely fantastic.
And about the learning thingy......it took me about 5 laps in GT4 + I would say 1 and a half hours of Onboardvideos of the Nordschleife to get it to know. I can tell u which corner follows after which one and I even know where the best line is. And I'm no special talent or so. I bet everyone can get used to the track in 1 day if it was in LFS. I would really much love to have the track in LFS just because of the possibilty of great races, because this track devides the real racers from sunday drivers and yes, it it possible to have close fights and to overtake.

so far.....Commander
Quote from Stricher :It would be just a dream....the Nordschleife is for sure the best race track on this globe....!

I dont think the "lisence" is the problem....even in this free-game "racer.nl" there is an add on with a nice done Nordschleife track to download...

---anyway....as many said... let there be first the BF1....!

=)

That's because Racer is free and the track is a freely done model by someone in the community. If you want to sing a Metallica song in the shower, go right ahead. But don't try to record and market it and sell it or use it as a selling point for a CD you're trying to sell.
Quote from Commander :I've been several times to the ring now (and drove on it) and I have to say that it is the most exciting race track I know. The differences in height and the corners and the narrowness of the track are absolutely fantastic.
And about the learning thingy......it took me about 5 laps in GT4 + I would say 1 and a half hours of Onboardvideos of the Nordschleife to get it to know. I can tell u which corner follows after which one and I even know where the best line is. And I'm no special talent or so. I bet everyone can get used to the track in 1 day if it was in LFS. I would really much love to have the track in LFS just because of the possibilty of great races, because this track devides the real racers from sunday drivers and yes, it it possible to have close fights and to overtake.

so far.....Commander

It took about days to learn the track for me. I first played it in GPL but didn't really make any progress. Then downloaded the track for the F1 2002 (?) and drove it with F1 cars . Learned the curves but still after hundred(s) of laps I still don't know how fast I can drive into most of the corners. It is jut too long imho And there is only couple of really good places (like the corkscrew on Laguna seca, or Eau rouge at Spa) in the track. I just don't find it challenging or interesting in the way I'd like to

will we ever get NORDSHLEIFE?
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG