The online racing simulator
Driving force gt
(24 posts, started )
Driving force gt
Does anyone have any views on the Driving force GT or anyone think it's a really bad wheel? Im thinking of getting one for lfs
I have one and I like it. I paid $107 for it.
I don't have one myself but I've seen plenty of happy users here on LFS forums, especially since a recent driver update or something.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I don't have one myself but I've seen plenty of happy users here on LFS forums, especially since a recent driver update or something.

yep. like he said.

I recommend the DF GT to be the wheel to get in this price range until May when the new 'budget' Fanatec Porsche Carrera wheel set comes out for 130 dollars USD, other currency prices on Fantec's website. (includes a clutch, six speed and 900 degrees FFB wheel). If you already have a wheel, I would wait and see what starts happening in a few months. I believe the high end technologies are going to start coming down to more consumer friendly prices.

check out this thread for some more info on the DF GT official dirvers:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53970

And here to see the Fanatec Porsche Carrera preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPwGMCflpVs

I think this should be enough for you to make an informed decision.

Jay Odom
Quote from jbirdaspec :yep. like he said.

I recommend the DF GT to be the wheel to get in this price range until May when the new 'budget' Fanatec Porsche Carrera wheel set comes out for 130 dollars USD, other currency prices on Fantec's website. (includes a clutch, six speed and 900 degrees FFB wheel).

All that for $130, I would never buy it, that has to be some serious cost savings, considering the G25's $300 price tag, and it's still pretty cheaply made.

The DFGT is a good buy if you can get it for under $130usd, I payed $145can for it, and that was on sale. I was very impressed by the wheel, and with the new drivers, all the buttons work perfectly.

The only thing with it is the pedals, they are a bit cheap, but they are actualy much better than the DFP or Momo, the DFGT has re-designed internals in the pedals, so they won't spike or fail.
Quote from DragonCommando :All that for $130, I would never buy it, that has to be some serious cost savings, considering the G25's $300 price tag, and it's still pretty cheaply made.

The DFGT is a good buy if you can get it for under $130usd, I payed $145can for it, and that was on sale. I was very impressed by the wheel, and with the new drivers, all the buttons work perfectly.

The only thing with it is the pedals, they are a bit cheap, but they are actualy much better than the DFP or Momo, the DFGT has re-designed internals in the pedals, so they won't spike or fail.

I myself wouldn't purchase it either because I have all the bells and whistles already. So far I have purchased all of my gear modularly and over time. Started with a DFP. Then Actlab RS2006 pedals. Then SST shifter. Then a DF GT and now a CST pedals with stiff brake upgrade and a loadcell braking controller will be my new pedal set in a little over a month. However, there are lots of sim racers out there that do want the bells and whistles and don't want to drop a minimum of 250 USD up to over a 1,000 to get there.

Enter Mainstream Modular Upgading:

Modular is really my point here and also competition. A feature of the new Fanatec products coming is that you can add upgrades to the existing product you own. Loadcell braking system made completely of metal and MAG POT potentiometers, Shifters, Aluminum paddle shifters. The Clubsport pedal system can be added to any existing wheel you have because it is also a stand alone unit like the custom pedal systems that have been available for years by smaller vendors. With the standalone version of the GT3 RS, Fanatec is even going to support G25 pedal systems for sim racers that don't want to buy a complete package, but want or need to buy a new wheel. A first in the mainsteam sim gear market as far as I know. The thing about the cost of the G25 is that there wasn't any real competition and years ago it was new mainstream tech for sim racing. Sure.. Fanatec put out the super duper 911 wireless system, but they went completely over board with that wheel in my opinion if they wanted hardcore sim racers to buy. Wireless?? Really??? and at like 400 bucks it was over the price range of the G25 by far. I think Logitech even lowered their G25 price when the 911 turbo wireless started to emerge. The thing is that Logitech does have real competition now. Before who was there?? Thrustmaster?? not really competition. It is in Fanatec's best interest to make this new budget wheel all it can be. It's been 3 years since the g25 was announced then released, I'm sure in that time someone was able to find away to make a competitive product for less money. I suppose time will tell though.

FYI Guys:
DF GT for 109 if anyone is interested. Even though I sound like a Fanatec Fanboy I know a good thing when I see it.
http://smoketronics.com/Wheels ... e™-GT/product_info.html

US guys can watch the best buy adds from week to week as well. 2 weeks ago the DF GT was for 99 USD there. A buddy of mine even picked one up and he had been holding out for a G25.

-Jay
Amazon is selling the Driving Force GT for 79.99 after a $30 logitech rebate.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStat ... qid=1236003221&sr=8-1

I actually prefer it to the G25 with one little mod I did to the paddle shifters. I have free standing pedals so I don't need to plug them into the wheel. The G25 pedals will not plug in to the DFGT. With the latest 5.04 drivers all the buttons on the wheel work with a PC. Send me an e-mail [email protected] and I will send you pics of my shifter mod. Steve P
Quote from sparadise :Amazon is selling the Driving Force GT for 79.99 after a $30 logitech rebate.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStat ... qid=1236003221&sr=8-1

I actually prefer it to the G25 with one little mod I did to the paddle shifters. I have free standing pedals so I don't need to plug them into the wheel. The G25 pedals will not plug in to the DFGT. With the latest 5.04 drivers all the buttons on the wheel work with a PC. Send me an e-mail [email protected] and I will send you pics of my shifter mod. Steve P

That is a hella deal right there.
I have the GT and it is a great wheel.
I WAS holding out for a G25, but when I saw the DFGT and how nice it seemed in the reviews I watched I said screw it and got one. I regret NOTHING!
Go for it. Not bad at all!!
Id say bang for the buck vallue of this wheel is trough the roof!!!

I have it myself and it actualy improved my skil
I just got one my self but i cant get it to work in LFS i dont know what im doing wrong? Can any of u guys help me?
#14 - PoVo
Quote from omiarunner :I just got one my self but i cant get it to work in LFS i dont know what im doing wrong? Can any of u guys help me?

Did you install Drivers, you get get them from Logitech.com

This wheel is a very good deal in price and quality, i recommend it to anyone.
I've just ordered one of these, after going through 3 Logitech FFEX in as many years I thought it was about time I upgraded and the reviews for the DF GT seemed very good, so I went for it.

Should be able to say on Thursday what I think of it.
i was ordering the DF GT but i saw again the G25 and lol i very missed to have a clutch and amazing gearbox..
for now i collected 180$ and cant find one.. still i need more money but im wondering to get back to the DF GT .. dont now
on topic: the DF GT is amazing wheel - fast, big, strong etc.
but 2 pedals and sec. shifter only that bothers me to get it too
#17 - STF
Logitech® Driving Force™ EX (Force Feedback) Steering Wheel
Logitech® Driving Force™ EX (Force Feedback) Steering Wheel

Hi guys am on a very tight budget, i came across this on ebay for £30, does any body no if this is an ok wheel, and do u think its worth buying?

cheers john

Try to get a DFP,maybe a second hand one.
It's durable and very nice to drive with.
Quote from IlGuercio :Try to get a DFP,maybe a second hand one.
It's durable and very nice to drive with.

dfp will give you more options too. 900° (adjustable) and more buttons than you'll ever need.
2nd hand £20-£40 on ebay
Cheers guys ebay seems to be lacking dfp at the mo, missed out on a new 1 for 45 pounds, gutted i am.

cheers john
Quote from dadge :dfp will give you more options too. 900° (adjustable) and more buttons than you'll ever need.
2nd hand £20-£40 on ebay

I know i will miss all those buttons when i'll have a G25
DFP is the best buy for that price,there's really no reason to look for anything else because you won't save much and still have not a good set.
Quote from jjones :Cheers guys ebay seems to be lacking dfp at the mo, missed out on a new 1 for 45 pounds, gutted i am.

cheers john

Try to look in hardware forums in the UK,i paid 60 euros for my second hand dfp 2 years ago and it still looks as new.
the DFGT is also going for £60 new. if you can scrape a few quid more, the DFGT would also be a great buy.

Driving force gt
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG