The online racing simulator
Quote :the replay footage gives the most accurate results, but then the car is in every frame.

But then you get a nice diagram of the racing line to go with the map!
The only problem is that when you use such a high camera view, the FOV messes up each frame, so it won't connect properly between pictures. That is why you can see in the first picture, many of the 'straightaways' are bent. Not entirely accurate, but still quite cool
u can load the blackwood cmx but the textures are gone
I imagine that a narrow field of view is better than a wide one, right? You won't see as much of the track in each shot, but there will be less distortion due to perspective, and the objects on the edges of the shots will line up better.
I think you're probably right about that. The smaller the screen, the less distortion there will be from one frame to the next. The problem is that you have to take SO MANY screencaps. I took oaver 160 screens and didn't even get the whole Blackwood pit area.
Just a question on how you set up the camera. When i tried this a while back, the camera wouldn't set up vertically, but always with just a nudge of an angle and large FOV gave way too much distortion.

If i could get around that, i think i can automate the capturing using InSim and some win32 programming. basically programatically move the shift-U camera along the drive line and snap pics, so it would become a lot easier to do.

Of course getting a non-perspective view camera would be nice. It's easy enough in D3D, but has to be done by the devs (i think).
we just need an SMX viewer
Would the attached be large enough?
Attached images
BW_aer.jpg
Quote from andylec :Would the attached be large enough?

wow....looks very coOL
nice work!
One for Aston, although things are starting to get a little small on a large location like this:
Attached images
AS_aer.jpg
Quote from andylec :One for Aston, although things are starting to get a little small on a large location like this:

That's not a stiched screencap. Did you figure out how to hack the camera?

(good work btw!)
I bought myself a trip to the ISS and grabbed these shots while I was there

Westhill:
Attached images
WE_aer.jpg
Kyoto, Fern & South City:
Attached images
KY_aer.jpg
FE_aer.jpg
SO_aer.jpg
would you like to share with us how you did this?

kyoto is nice, looks totally different from above
Quote from andylec :I bought myself a trip to the ISS and grabbed these shots while I was there

Although they did get rather concerned when I wanted to lean out of the window to get a better shot with my trusty Box Brownie
Great shots, but the image quality could be better. You should try to disable the track LOD reduction, because most textures aren't shown. Enabling anit aliasing would also help to improve the quality.
Quote from andylec :Although they did get rather concerned when I wanted to lean out of the window to get a better shot with my trusty Box Brownie

i guess that's a no?

#43 - Gunn
Great work, as always, Andylec.
That's beautiful Kid
Now if We could have some car models running on them we could have one pretty looking S2 Live viewing application
of course u can. u can view live races from there
all i could post here was a jpg though
Nice picture, makes me wish there was another, shorter Westhill config using that road which comes off the back straight

Can you actually watch races from there? If so, how?
Nice work there! :up: When you just race on those track you never realise the possibilities of other track combinations (Aston being the best example).
Quote from sinbad :Nice picture, makes me wish there was another, shorter Westhill config using that road which comes off the back straight

Can you actually watch races from there? If so, how?

Maybe a longer track coming off the back straight at that point then rejoining straight on at the next corner (one of the worst in LFS IMO)
Great work, guys! Those pics are excellent, andylec. You just saved me a ton of work!

Aerial track maps - finally figured out a decent way to do them.
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG