The online racing simulator
Keeping g25 pedals in place - carpet
Hello fellow racers. I have a g25, which I love. However I find my pedals are sliding a bit while playing, mainly the left side, as I am on and off it so much with clutching. The grip spikes work decently when pushing in the center, but pushing the pedals a bit to the left it slides (it wont slide to the right has i have a 40lb sub sitting there).

Any suggestions to how i can get it to stop moving? I would put the sub behind it, but theres not enough room, and that would bring it closer to my computer case, which logitech recommends it being atleast 2' away.
You could try to put something behind it, if there is a wall behind your computer you could put something there to support it.

also, did logitech give you any reason for having them at least 2' away from the computer case?
Isn't carpet grip not enough which is already built in in the pedals?
I put a heavy box full of books inside behind mine, it seems to work for me at least. There is a hardwood floor or anything that is not carpet in a future room and no boxes are available, I would say to get high friction tape and stick it underneath. I have Lee Valley high friction tape on my wheel and used to have it on my shifter. My shifter is now screwed into a wooden shifter support my father and I made a while ago. I am sure that there is a Lee Valley store near you, as your profile says you are from Ontario.
Quote from DragonCommando :You could try to put something behind it, if there is a wall behind your computer you could put something there to support it.

also, did logitech give you any reason for having them at least 2' away from the computer case?

The 2 feet distance is for keeping the sub away from my computer, as it has a giant magnet inside it. If I were to move that behind my pedals (it may fit) it would break that distance.

Thanks for the suggestions, ill see if I can get some older textbooks behind it or something.
Watch out you don't crimp the cable at the rear of the pedal unit by letting it push up against something hard. It sticks out at a bad place so it is quite easy to damage if you are using the rear of the pedal unit as a stopper against something.

Might I suggest screwing it to piece of wood or a plank using the mounting screw holes under the pedal unit? Then you have something larger to properly secure it down with or attach to something else. (You'll have to give up on the carpet spikes and retract them if you use this method, they are only any use if you move the pedal unit around alot like packing the wheel away when the wife gets home and wants to yell at you. Pack it away so she doesn't throw it at you.)
Quote from agm_ultimatex :The 2 feet distance is for keeping the sub away from my computer, as it has a giant magnet inside it. If I were to move that behind my pedals (it may fit) it would break that distance.

Thanks for the suggestions, ill see if I can get some older textbooks behind it or something.

I thaught you where talking about the pedals, lol, for the sub that makes sense.
Well I thought he meant the pedals had to be 2 feet away from the PC, and I was like... "uhh okay...." but I didn't read it carefully at first.
I actually use a rubber doormat thing for my G25, it was about the right size, so it doesn't look all that bad. I just sticked it on the floor with double sided tape.
However, it's still sliding off when i press the brake too hard. It's still a improvement from not using it though, where it was sliding all over the place.
Quote from JasonJ :Watch out you don't crimp the cable at the rear of the pedal unit by letting it push up against something hard. It sticks out at a bad place so it is quite easy to damage if you are using the rear of the pedal unit as a stopper against something.

Might I suggest screwing it to piece of wood or a plank using the mounting screw holes under the pedal unit? Then you have something larger to properly secure it down with or attach to something else. (You'll have to give up on the carpet spikes and retract them if you use this method, they are only any use if you move the pedal unit around alot like packing the wheel away when the wife gets home and wants to yell at you. Pack it away so she doesn't throw it at you.)

I'll keep that in mind. I dont have to worry about the wife bit, as I am 22 and single :P
For my pedals I'm using an anti-skid mat intended for carpets. It works to a degree, i.e. if you use the clutch the pedal base will still slide around there's not enough weigh for the mat to work effectively.

I'll have to take the plunge and do some woodworking myself.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG