The online racing simulator
Honda F1 team to start in 2009?
(77 posts, started )
#26 - wild
Honda: No 'Serious' Buyer For F1 Team

Quote :Honda Racing's hopes of Formula One survival suffered a blow on Monday when outgoing Honda CEO Takeo Fukui said he could not see a 'serious buyer' for the Brackley-based team

Full Story Here:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73392
His surname is a bit of a clue (**** you), he is leaving and wants to piss all over the management buyout planned by Fry and Brawn, which seems serious enough as they are able to turn down financial help from Bernie.
that source is one of the most accurate out there.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :that source is one of the most accurate out there.

Well we've heard nowt yet from Honda
autosports article was interesting, pointing out that with a tv money advance, bruno senna's sponsorship money and the sponsors they have, they could do the season with the merc engine package for the same aprox cost as the target figure for F1 running costs in the future, £45 million per season. that makes a managment buy out feasable as i'd assume they can raise the nominal £1 to buy the team. what could cause them problems is the lack of testing coupled with the new in season testing regs.
damn thats not good, i hope williams have a good season this year to make them more attractive to sponsors, cos atm i dont think many companys will put money into a failing team
Quote from Gills4life :Hamilton's nose broken as he rams the rear of Button's Virgin.

Sig material

These financial problems really make me wish we were in 1989, because instead of complaining about losing cars on the field, we would bitch about having too much cars on it...
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/he ... detail/090225092849.shtml

Rumours, meanwhile, persist that Nick Fry may no longer be part of the plans for the management buyout. Auto Motor und Sport speculates that his departure could be a signal that Fry's former Prodrive boss David Richards might join the management of the team's new guise.

Ummm... but: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73425

The involvement of Honda's CEO Nick Fry in the buyout remains unclear - with widespread conjecture suggesting that he will not be involved in the takeover. However, sources have told autosport.com that talk of his departure from the team is 'speculation'.
#39 - 5haz
Richards is what they need, but perhaps Honda are too behind development wise now for even him to turn things around.

If they hadnt got rid of him in the first place, Honda might have been more successful and wouldnt have ended up in such a bad way when the Honda company hit a crisis.
Quote from 5haz :Richards is what they need, but perhaps Honda are too behind development wise now for even him to turn things around.

If they hadnt got rid of him in the first place, Honda might have been more successful and wouldnt have ended up in such a bad way when the Honda company hit a crisis.

first class quote!
#41 - MR_B
Quote from 5haz :Richards is what they need, but perhaps Honda are too behind development wise now for even him to turn things around.

That is the most sense i've heard all day 5haz, I always thought that was their downfall.

+1 Quote-worthy.

Also http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=45169
#42 - MR_B
Honda wont be bought and you all know it, its way to late now.
#45 - 5haz
I really don't think they're going to be very competetive though, unless they have been working hard still over the winter.

I'd like them to suprise me though.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :You're going to regret saying that.

He's not. He's absolutely right. When is Australia? March? April. It's too late. Fact.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
It would be complelty illogical to buy this team with no testing and a car you have no idea how its going to go untill you race it.

That and there is like 3 weeks till the race.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Well, Toro Rosso and Force India haven't tested their cars yet, so its not that bad really.

Toro Rosso are using Red Bulls car so they have nothing to worry about, and Force India are about to test this week.

and considering Force India will most likely be at the back of the grid there is plenty to worry about.

Honda F1 team to start in 2009?
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG