The online racing simulator
Buying DFP
(22 posts, started )
Buying DFP
Hi there,

Tomorrow I want to buy a DFP, after reading good comments about this wheel on this forum. However I want to make sure it works on my pc. Reading on the site of Logitech, I found the following:

Quote :
PlayStation Devices on PC and Vice-Versa

Question
Where can I find drivers to operate my Playstation Game Controller on the PC?

Answer
Although Logitech PlayStation gaming products and computer gaming products all have a standard USB connector, the devices are not interchangeable. In other words, PlayStation devices cannot be used on a computer and vice-versa. Some of the basic functionalities of these devices may be the same, but they may behave unexpectedly during a game or stop functioning.

We do not support the use of non-product-specific platforms/consoles.

Since I cannot find any drivers on that site, I want to make absolutely sure I don't buy a cat in the bag. So, which drivers can be used with the DFP and is it 100% working on a normal pc? Don't want to spend 120 eur on a device for nothing. Thanks for the comments.
#2 - majik
Mine works fine on my computer. In fact I never used it on the PS2. It is a DFP for the PS2. I am sure someone will jump in with the link to the drivers that allow you to custom program it, but even without those windows recognizes the wheel and it works fine.
#3 - FRED
I have yet to hear from a single person whose DFP didn't work ona PC - so, I guess it's safe to say that you won't have a problem.

(not that it matters, but it even works the other way around. i once played GT4 with my Wingman FF GP - didn't like the game though )
#5 - Renku
agree with all above posts, DFP works on PC 100%
#8 - evans
I've had a DFP since S2 Alpha came out now, and I've never had any problems with it. With the Wingman drivers everything works perfectly and it's definitely worth the money I was worried too when I was buying it, but if something goes wrong with the wheel just tell Logitech that you've only used it for PS2.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
also check out the link in my sig
Well, in mine, and I'm not alone in this, the gas pedal sometimes (about once in a two-hours session) dies for a while, have to release it and get on it again. I'm not good enough to do endurance or league racing, so it's not a big deal, but it happens. I have read from some folks who have the same problem.

Quote :check "enable centering spring" but set it to 0%

I would leave that unchecked actually- there was a bug with the Momo Racing that made you have to do that, but on the DFP you should uncheck that. I remember Tom - one of the Logitech driver writers, say that over at the Logitech forums.

Anyway- I also do not use the profiler, just make the changes in the control panel/game controllers control panel.. but I was racing for quite a few hours yesterday and setting it to 100/0/0/0 (overall/damper/spring/centering) -what you suggest also, worked perfectly..

I also use about 540 degrees in game, and set it to 540 in the DFP CP... with that I use 10 to 20 overall FF in game and that seems to work great. Depending on car it needs to go up or down obviously.
Speaking of DFP, how will it (wheel, not pedals) compete against the red MOMO Force? My MOMO's been having some calibtration issues lately, and while i'm waiting my new finnmotion pedals (that can be a loong wait..), I've considered buying a new wheel too.
Well it has a metal bearing like the Red momo, but the pedals aren't as nice obviously, plastic vs. metal.. But the revision B00 pedals are perfect for what they are. Mine work flawlessly. The wheel build quality is very high, even though it IS plastic, it is high quality plastic, and very solid. I wouldn't hesitate to get one even if just to have for a spare. The extra rotation is the best thing about it- you can even set it up to the same as your old wheel if you want.. (270 degrees for the red momo I believe).

For most sims I like 450 to 720 though... just remove all the speed sensitive steering, and all other "helpers" and adjust in game steering settings as well as car setup lock to lock to make sure you get the right feel.
what about the steering compensation in LFS? Atm I have it set to 0.50 (so completely linear) for my red Momo Force. I'm gonna get a DFP today, so the question is obvious: is 0.50 also a good setting for the DFP?
i'd set it to 0 and change the ffb lock in profiler. if you dont want to do all of that work then set it to 720 in the profiler and set thecompensation to 1.

i like changing the lock for each car class and i put the compensation at 0.
well and how about those 2 different FF modes? I've read it in the forum here but never heard of that before?
60% and 100%? i just use 100.
I put this in another thread but I'll put it here too-

Just how I do it...
I leave my DFP set to 900, 0 compensation in game and then i turn the wheel the same as "in game me" and i dont have to go changing the DFP setting when i change car. The only downside is there is nothing stopping you turning the wheel more than is possible in game, but a) you hardly ever use full lock and b) you can see when you have turned the maximum lock because in game he stops turning the wheel.

Just makes it easier to set the wheel to 1 thing and then forget about it.

BTW ... does anyone else have a problem some times where you set the wheel up in wingman for a game, load the game up and find out the wheel is still on 900 or default settings (not wingman). I dont have the problem with LFS because the wheel doesnt need to change the rotation, but with rF, or nkp etc i use about 400 degrees and some times it doesnt change, so you have to quit load it again and it normaly fixes itself
yeah that happens to me once in a while
Quote from mr_pio :Well, in mine, and I'm not alone in this, the gas pedal sometimes (about once in a two-hours session) dies for a while, have to release it and get on it again. I'm not good enough to do endurance or league racing, so it's not a big deal, but it happens. I have read from some folks who have the same problem.

I have this problem too. after a few minutes of using my dfp, the gas pedal stops updating, unless some other pedal / axis is changing at the same time. very strange, but my workaround was to use just the brake pedal and use it as combined gas/brake.

I thought this was because the DFP was made for PS2 and returning the pedals wouldn't help. Have a been stupid all this time? Should the DFP really work with both pedals for unlimited amounts of time?

btw I tested on 3 different computers, using control panel, lfs and wingman soft, using 4.6 drivers, and all show exactly the same behaviour so I figured it must just be like that for all DFP.
Anyone having problems should ditch the wingman software- it is not needed and just uses up memory. I have never had any of those weird problems and I make wingman not start up w/ windows

I just make a shortcut to game controller from control panel- adjust from there if needed. Very easy.

Buying DFP
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG