The online racing simulator
Honda F1 team to start in 2009?
(77 posts, started )
Yeah, read a while ago, who bought them?
Even though that article mentions Petrobras not being a backer I wonder if this is still scooping the same story what Grandprix.com and Crash.net were reporting, that Petrobras would be one of the main backers. Yesterday Petrobras said it is absolutely false.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73318
im sorry but who would want to buy a failing F1 team in the current time? anyway you'd have to be monumentally stupid to want to own an F1 team in the first place, having to answer the head dwarf all the time.
Quote from trebor901 :im sorry but who would want to buy a failing F1 team in the current time? anyway you'd have to be monumentally stupid to want to own an F1 team in the first place, having to answer the head dwarf all the time.

I think because it would be (relatively) dead cheap to buy and run properly could turn a profit.
Plus if it's part of a company's advertising budget losses would be acceptable anyway.
Would gather high media interest in the short term, and would probably be a viable business revenue in the long term as f1 costs dwindle.
The nature of Virgin's business strategy would make this an interesting investment. I suspect various oppurtunities will rise from the potentially oppurtunity. Corporate hospitlaity, competitions etc... all could help the F1 purchase to turn a greater profit for the Virgin empire.

However this all would only work if F1 is in a healthy existance in a years time. And that's one big IF
I sense some irony imagining Jensen Button wearing a suit with "VIRGIN" scrawled over it.

Here come the bad jokes...

"Button was just too quick in the Virgin!"

"The Virgin performed poorly during practice."

"Hamilton! Hamilton ran straight up the rear of the Virgin, and not for the first time this season!"

Reporter: "So Jensen, your first test with your new team, Virgin. What happened?"
JB: "Well, there were some teething issues..."

Coat... hat... out...
http://www.motorauthority.com/ ... or-honda-rescue_1185.html

Quote :Team principal Brawn is quoted by the Swiss newspaper Blick as confirming that "Monday" is decision-day, and Britain's authoritative Guardian newspaper revealed the same deadline.

The Daily Mail said the deadline for the Honda Motor Co. board to approve a buyout deal is 28 February.

The Guardian, however, said 23 February is the deadline set by Mercedes-Benz, with the German manufacturer wanting its first payment for the customer supply of engines on that date.

Get rid of guys like Bernie and Mosley in bring in people like Branson to sort F1 out!
headlines will be great if this comes off

"button stuffs virgin in tunnel"

"button says he couldn't come first as his virgin was screwed "

"lewis slips inside virgin as soon as he has chance"

"button confirms he will be in virgin for next 3 years"

"button and senna looking forward to sharing virgin"

"button happy after first session with virgin"

and my favoutire

"button misses chance with virgin after his rubber fails"
Hamilton's nose broken as he rams the rear of Button's Virgin.
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
scrutineers to probe jenson's virgin
"Button, still a virgin rider"
Button unhappy with virgin's slippery rear end.
"That Virgin sure does look a lot smoother in the wet"
The virgin started to smoke after doing a few laps!
-
(v1rg0) DELETED by v1rg0
The virgin started to choke on that last lap.
The Virgin left a spillage on the rumble strip after an explosion half way through.
The Virgin is coming in for a pit stop. Oh no! There were some problems fitting the nozzle into the Virgin.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The Virgin left a spillage on the rumble strip after an explosion half way through.

:biggrinfl That is terrible.
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti

(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG