The online racing simulator
Red
(70 posts, started )
Wow, that wierd graphic thing on the website is cool and confusing.
If your serious about these writings, and wants to share them - and are prepared for both positive and negative comments, why not just rename topic to something suitable? Like Becky's corner? Share your thoughts, creations, I am just curious what's going up in the head of others
Roses are red
violets are blue
Becky oh Becky
I love you
If you don't love me
then I'll be Blue2
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Wow, that wierd graphic thing on the website is cool and confusing.

meh, something novel, creative, faster, more dynamic, more stylish with more wow factor, and he moans it's not drawn in Windows grey with OK and Cancel buttons...

*sigh*

;P
Quote from The Very End :If your serious about these writings, and wants to share them - and are prepared for both positive and negative comments, why not just rename topic to something suitable? Like Becky's corner? Share your thoughts, creations, I am just curious what's going up in the head of others

I'm always up to something TVE but not everything I do warrants it's own thread, indeed look at how many threads I start, on my profile page some of the few from 'this year' are just the dates of the last post, but actually where created a long time back.

For much of what I do that does deserve a place of mention then they'd be lost in a combined thread, for that which doesnt warrant a mention I dont mention it.
Quote from Becky Rose :hah somebody call Schuppor :P

hehe xD i know him xD and he made rly good songs to hope you can to best wishes xD
Hehe I see
Well, uhm.. I was going to say something, and thought something nice to say before posting, but then I forgot.. damn bottering when that happens..

Either way, keep them coming, I, or might we, are curious.

Btw, do your writing have anything to do with personal experiences, or thoughts? Or are they completely random things that pops into your mind or catching your attention in the moment?
Quote from The Very End :Btw, do your writing have anything to do with personal experiences, or thoughts? Or are they completely random things that pops into your mind or catching your attention in the moment?

When I write a poem it's always from the heart, I never edit a poem once it is written - even though the last line of "Ireland" really really bothers me. It's like a personal rule that I write when the passion is there, and afterwards it is done and that is it, I don't even fix spelling mistakes.

As you might have seen from reading them they can often be about seemingly random things, so I guess it is a bit of both, but the meening is not necessarily obvious. A poem like "21st Century Girl" for instance seems to apply in a lot of situations, it's one of my favorites, but i'd defy anyone to figure out why it was written from the words alone, same for "I Changed" and "Ireland", which all appear to be about 1 thing but to me meen something totally different. Like "Red" has it's own backstory, which changes it's meening totally.

And no, I won't explain.

EDIT:
Quote from Heiko1 :hope you can to best wishes xD

Oh i've not composed anything for almost 20 years hun and havn't played an instrument in nearly that time, I listen to music, I let my betters create it.
An unpublished exclusive for you

Where is my Scirocco?
I was promised one I know
Dont tell me it's not ready
Dont tell me I have not earned it
That tone makes me sound like a git
Your talking to me like i'm unsteady

I dont want a forum fight
But I read it in black & white
I read the announcement it was there
Dont tell me i'm a liar I know the truth
You dont have to be a detective or a slueth
Just read back and the facts are yours to bear

Oh sure call me that
Misquote me too you prat
I am not lying it's plain as day
I want my Scirocco like I was promised
Don't you tell me that it just isn't finished
I'm so sick of you lot you are all so damned gay

Where is my Scirocco?
I've earned it don't you know
I paid my due and didn't complain
Exchange rates being what they are and all
I just want what is mine and you call me a fool
Sod the lot of you i'm going to bugger off to Spain
#35 - 5haz
At least you can write poetry that hasn't got anything to do with cutting oneself and being depressed.

Emos ruined poetry.
Quote from 5haz :At least you can write poetry that hasn't got anything to do with cutting oneself and being depressed.

Emos ruined poetry.

That's because I use my poetry to get laid.
I decided to do something a bit different, and did a You Tube recital of my latest piece. I dont know what makes me madder, appearing on camera on you tube reading poetry, or the subject of what i'm musing over.
Personally, I prefer to read poetry, just like books. I find it leaves more space for interpretation, and it's easier to skips lines. Yes, skipping lines is fine; the reader has the right to do so.

I really fail at poetry. I had to try it because my french teacher in college wanted us to (had to read it in front of the class, just how awful is that). I prefer reading other people's work. The thing I prefer, though, is when it's in the form of music. I've always found interesting the creation of lyrics. You can ponder a lot over lyrics of a song, especially when you ask yourself how the writer came to these words. Sometimes they don't even mean anything, but are instead designed to sound better (Yes - Close to the Edge :P).
Becky, you are a literature genius! You have great poems. Everyone here who is contributing with different poems, those are cool, too. I think I might take a wack at this. Give me a while.
Ok, I'm going to try composing a poem I made up.

I looked in her eye one last time,
I gave her a hug, and said goodbye,
A tear formed, and she said she was proud,
To not just her, but me as I stood before her,

I turned my back and headed for the line,
Happy and sad I walked toward them before me,
I turned around one last time,
and they weren't there, but gone in sight,

At least I got to see them, even though one day was sad,
But as I got to security, I slipped off my shoes,
Put the liquids in a bucket with my shoes and phone,
took off my belt and went through,

I got to my flight, with one last goodbye to Florida,
Got to my seat on the plane, and took off,
I remember that last things they both said,
"Goodbye, I love you," my mom and sister said.
that was a great poem except the final part. It made the poem look too centred in the city life. in poetry you need to make the natural environment as a set. Great effort though.
Blue
Blue

Yo, listen up, here's the story
About a little guy, that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees
Is just blue, like him
Inside and outside

Blue, his house, with a blue little window
And a blue Corvette
And everything is blue for him and hisself
And everybody around
Cause he ain't got nobody to listen

I'm blue, da ba dee...

I'm blue, da ba dee...

I have a blue house with a blue window
Blue is the colour of all that I wear
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue

Blue are the people here, that walk around
Blue like my corvette, it's standing outside
Blue are the words I say and what I think
Blue are the feelings that live inside me

I'm blue, da ba dee...

I'm blue, da ba dee...

I have a blue house with a blue window
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.

Blue are the people here that walk around,
Blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.
Blue are the words I say and what I think.
Blue are the feelings, that live inside me.

I'm blue, da ba dee...

I'm blue, da ba dee...

win?
hahahahahah!made me laugh
Quote from Senninha25 :that was a great poem except the final part. It made the poem look too centred in the city life. in poetry you need to make the natural environment as a set. Great effort though.

gee thanks! that last part was weird, but I not real good with poetry. Practice I guess.
Quote from Senninha25 :in poetry you need to make the natural environment as a set.

Not at all! Poetry can be about anything at all, and is always good when it is an expression of a personal experience because that meens it is something for you to remember that experience by, or that emotion, or that moment. It does not matter whether the poem is great for others, it's a memory. It doesnt matter if it's about a cigarette butt in an ashtray, if it expresses some part of you that you wish to hold on to when you look at that poem again.
#47 - CSU1
Quote :Not at all! Poetry can be about anything at all, and is always good when it is an expression of a personal experience because that meens it is something for you to remember that experience by, or that emotion, or that moment. It does not matter whether the poem is great for others, it's a memory. It doesnt matter if it's about a cigarette butt in an ashtray, if it expresses some part of you that you wish to hold on to when you look at that poem again.

...same with music as well, nice poem
Did you write "Red" when you were a child?
Quote from sinbad :Did you write "Red" when you were a child?

*hangs head in shame* Noes....
I wrote it on 19th February 2009.
Quote from Becky Rose :Not at all! Poetry can be about anything at all, and is always good when it is an expression of a personal experience because that meens it is something for you to remember that experience by, or that emotion, or that moment. It does not matter whether the poem is great for others, it's a memory. It doesnt matter if it's about a cigarette butt in an ashtray, if it expresses some part of you that you wish to hold on to when you look at that poem again.

That's precisely why I nearly fail English class every year. I enjoy writing and reading. But to have to interpret someone else's writing, and arrive at a "right" answer, I don't like. When I read something, I interpret it in a way that has meaning to me. How I interpret something is meaningless to others in my opinion.

Red
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG