The online racing simulator
£5/Month to Race on CTRA ?
(50 posts, closed, started )
#26 - AMB
Quote from Dennis93 :LOL AT UR POSTS AMB, 1.337!

anyway, im not paying anything to drive on CTRA.

Hehe, 1338 now

Yeah, I wouldn't pay for anything on LFS, maybe more content. new tracks/car or something, but not to go on a server I can't get a clean race on.
+1 to AMB, It's impossible to finish a race on Race 1 with all the wreckers at the back
Nobody was every on the higher tier Single Seater class servers anyway, I have found a new love in TBO racing ever since CTRA went down.
No, I wouldn't pay for play in ONLY one server..
#30 - AMB
Quote from thatguy :a new love in TBO racing ever since CTRA went down.

+1 started to drive TBO much more and it's much closer racing

although I need to get a bit faster to keep up with the really fast guys.
Nop, I wouldn't pay to race in CTRA again. It's kind a nice to race in another full loaded server.
Quote from Wilko868 :IMO the death of CTRA has been one of the best things to happen to LFS in a long time. The amount of quality, fun, clean racing in classes rarely used before is great. Stop moping about the loss of CTRA and start driving at NDR or RSR!

Chris

Well said, +1.

CTRA had a lot of great things but those full TBO servers since a few days ago now are awesome.
I would have been happy to pay £10 a month NOT to have CTRA

Fascism is dead!!! (and I didn't have to pay a tenner!)
#34 - th84
Nope, I wouldnt pay to race on those servers either. I rarely did it when it was free. The quality of racing (on CTRA) was no where near what it was a year or so ago.
I would have welcomed a voluntary donation system.
I really don't think all the CTRA bashing is neccesary guys.

Whatever YOU personally think about CTRA, the fact of the matter is ALOT of people enjoyed it.
#37 - AMB
Quote from th84 :Nope, I wouldnt pay to race on those servers either. I rarely did it when it was free. The quality of racing (on CTRA) was no where near what it was a year or so ago.

+1

Yes, I am actually agreeing with you.
#38 - th84
There is a first time for everything.

I always knew you really loved me but were in denial. Im glad to see that you have finally come around. (dont look at my comment in the other CTRA thread, I dont want you to fall back out of love )
#39 - AMB
Quote from th84 :There is a first time for everything.

I always knew you really loved me but were in denial. Im glad to see that you have finally come around. (dont look at my comment in the other CTRA thread, I dont want you to fall back out of love )

I just read it lol, I regret posting my above post maybe I should delete it ... nah
#41 - th84
Quote from AMB :I just read it lol, I regret posting my above post maybe I should delete it ... nah

You know that I mean no harm. I just enjoy giving you a hard time. Some would call it flirting. :P
#42 - AMB
Quote from th84 :You know that I mean no harm. I just enjoy giving you a hard time. Some would call it flirting. :P

Some would call it harrassment

Next thing you'll be telling me you have a shrine dedicated to me :o
Just out of interest, what happened to CTRA? I read on their forum it didn't really turn out how they wanted it to or something... can anyone elaborate?

I always enjoyed racing on CTRA because Race/SS 1 was a good clean XFG server/FOX server. And there were lots of other good non CTRA servers out there I played on too of course, so it wasn't as if CTRA was stealing players imo.
Maybe not for CTRA exactly,but so small amount for obviously a lot of enjoyment seems like good idea.

There has to massive change in mindset needed in that everything related to the internet is free, personally i think its bloody rude to keep expecting individuals to keep paying for your entertainment , some one pays for that free server with both time and real money.

iRental seems to have plenty of paying customers , sure the experience is different for just a server based setup (CTRA) but so is the cost.So its not totally with out merit.

I never bash demo dudes but you have no right to comment on this one when you cant be arsed to pay for LFS in the first place.
Quote from TiJay :Just out of interest, what happened to CTRA? I read on their forum it didn't really turn out how they wanted it to or something... can anyone elaborate?

There's a thread right below this one (at this moment) on the first page of this subforum. That, combined with the threads in the CTRA subsection should be explanation enough IMO.
Quote from TiJay :
I always enjoyed racing on CTRA because Race/SS 1 was a good clean XFG server/FOX server. And there were lots of other good non CTRA servers out there I played on too of course, so it wasn't as if CTRA was stealing players imo.

SS1 was an FBM server.
Quote from Turbo Dad :Would you pay £5/month to race on CTRA again? (or whatever it renamed to)

iRacing in LFS?

nah.
No way, because those that did would be a tiny minority and CTRA pay to play would be nothing like CTRA used to be.
edit: Even if there were a huge take up I still wouldn't.
Obsolum: My bad, didn't look. I played SS1 pre-FBM I think, haven't played much since
I would if things were changed in the way it was run.

But it doesn't bother me so I am on the fence.
Given the fact there are already other threads on CTRA, the community has pretty much said no to paying, and Sam's word is final anyway, I don't see the need for this thread to continue. Don't flog the dead horse.
This thread is closed

£5/Month to Race on CTRA ?
(50 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG