The online racing simulator
Where are servers ???
(60 posts, started )
Quote from NightShift :Though I wonder how the FOX still is the most popular: I'm not much into single seaters but basically I've never noticed a FOX server in the top spots

That's because you joined in June 2008 and the FBM got released at the end of 2007.
This account was created in June 2008, but I started 02/11/2008, my first 'LFS birthday' has already gone by but yep my first patch was Y. The FBM still has a long way before it catches up with the FOX, but 12 mln laps in little more than a year is nothing short of amazing!
Perhaps FBM's number is this high because laps from demo players are now being included after the registration for demoers was introduced? Poor XRT then (and XFG) :P
Demo licenses have been introduced roughly around late June 2008 so 12 mln laps would be an even more outstanding result.

Look at the stats on LFS world, the XRG is in the bottom half of the list despite having been available for years already. Anyway we're going OT now
As I said to JO53PHS on msn last night, I knew it wouldn't be long before we got OMG WHEREZ IZ RACE 1 y0?!?!!!?!?!?!?! threads

EDIT: Although, thank goodness the OP doesn't t4lk in 1337 5p33k.
Quote from J@tko :As I said to JO53PHS on msn last night, I knew it wouldn't be long before we got OMG WHEREZ IZ RACE 1 y0?!?!!!?!?!?!?! threads

EDIT: Although, thank goodness the OP doesn't t4lk in 1337 5p33k.

Wow, I wish I could see the irony there. As I see no one used l33t sp33k here, we are just disappointed as currently there's nothing that even can be considered an alternative to Race 1. Maybe you can understand that it's a bit weird that we bought a game and had great fun, now suddenly the servers disappeared and almost all we got for our favourite cars are one demo track and demo servers. There's no more "I have 30 minutes so I'll have some races on so6 or fe2" because there are practically no servers for that. Can I be the one who posts frowning smilies?
For chrissake people, if you miss your favorite combo's that much then go and setup a server yourselfves! Yes, it takes a bit of time and work, but if you do it right you'll make a lot of people happy! Instead of sulking, make a change! I bet you can even get a free dedicated LFS server if you look around a bit, I'm sure I've seen them mentioned around here. Make it happen!
Quote from HavocS :Wow, I wish I could see the irony there. As I see no one used l33t sp33k here, we are just disappointed as currently there's nothing that even can be considered an alternative to Race 1. Maybe you can understand that it's a bit weird that we bought a game and had great fun, now suddenly the servers disappeared and almost all we got for our favourite cars are one demo track and demo servers. There's no more "I have 30 minutes so I'll have some races on so6 or fe2" because there are practically no servers for that. Can I be the one who posts frowning smilies?

Quote from obsolum :For chrissake people, if you miss your favorite combo's that much then go and setup a server yourselfves! Yes, it takes a bit of time and work, but if you do it right you'll make a lot of people happy! Instead of sulking, make a change! I bet you can even get a free dedicated LFS server if you look around a bit, I'm sure I've seen them mentioned around here. Make it happen!

All I'm going to say is watch the forums.
Quote from J@tko :All I'm going to say is watch the forums.

OMG, Jack taking over the LFS servers.
I have set up [SR] Race Server 2 to use some combos from CTRA 1 if anyone wants to race there. The tracks auto change and races should restart automatically aswell. If anyone wants to post the combos that used to be in ctra 1 I am more than happy to add them
Quote from jasonmatthews :I have set up [SR] Race Server 2 to use some combos from CTRA 1 if anyone wants to race there. The tracks auto change and races should restart automatically aswell. If anyone wants to post the combos that used to be in ctra 1 I am more than happy to add them

It's:

BL1
[all below + Reverse]
BL2
FE1
FE2
FE3
FE5 I think was on there at some point, as was FE6
All South City apart from Long

Ok I have added the tracks in this order. Note I have added some s2 tracks at the end. I can take these out later if anyone really wants me to.

bl1,fe1,bl1r,fe1r,so1,fe2,so1r,fe2r,so2,fe3,so2r,fe3r,so3,fe5,so3r,fe5r,so5,as1,so5r,as1r,so6,as2,so6r,as2r

I left out the rally tracks as they are wreck fests and no one likes them
Quote from J@tko :It's:

BL1
[all below + Reverse]
BL2
FE1
FE2
FE3
FE5 I think was on there at some point, as was FE6
All South City apart from Long

In fact it's :

Bl1 (without rev.)
Bl2+R

FE1+R
FE2+R
FE3+R
no FE5
FE6 (without R)

SO1+R (but yeah, so1r is crap with more than 6 people on the server)
SO3+R
SO5+R
SO6+R
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :In fact it's :

Bl1 (without rev.)
Bl2+R

FE1+R
FE2+R
FE3+R
no FE5
FE6 (without R)

SO1+R (but yeah, so1r is crap with more than 6 people on the server)
SO3+R
SO5+R
SO6+R

Oh yeah some of the South City tracks aren't on R1, I've just seen them on R3 instead. My bad!
Ok changed to this -

bl1,fe1,bl1r,fe1r,so1,fe2,so1r,fe2r,so2,fe3,so2r,fe3r,so3,as1,so3r,as1r,so5,as2,so5r,as2r,so6,so6r

I left out all the rally cross tracks.

Also there is no wind.

BTW, bl1r is a great track

Also I have set it to rotate tracks every 5 races, should spice things up a bit I hope. And all races are 5 laps..
We've just sorted the Baby-R League Server out again with a track rotation from the previous season (also used by CTRA iirc), races approx 10 mins long, 5 on each track before change.

Please post any bugs on CR forums
Nice, so thats babyr and ctra 1 sorted, who's going to setup some single seaters?
Quote from J@tko :All I'm going to say is watch the forums.

More posts are coming with all the details about your MSN chats I guess
Quote from jasonmatthews :Nice, so thats babyr and ctra 1 sorted, who's going to setup some single seaters?

We also need a FZ5-RAC server and maybe one for LX4 too.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :We also need a FZ5-RAC server and maybe one for LX4 too.

Team 400 #1 is the server we regularly run lx4-6,RAC,FZ5. thing is most people dont really wanna learn these cars but they are my fav. You are welcome anytime its a dedicated server always up brings your friends that like to drive these underused underrated cars.
Quote from DeKo :what we need is a demo filter, the server list is completely cluttered with demo hosts that most people have no intentions of joining.

+1, i would be very glad to see it.
Quote from garph :I've set one of the ATC servers (ATC 60 Lap GP) to the XFG and XRG at Aston Club (as2).

If you'd like another track then let me know, just some where to race for a bit.

Thanks Garph, i will check that next time, good to have another track.

About other servers with faster car, of course i like FOX, FBM too but i have lot of pleasure to have good race with this little XFG.

Sometimes, when you have good and fair drivers ( fair is more important than good anyway ) with XFG, there is a lot of fun and exciting "fights".

I m not a big fan of FWD, dunno why but im sure its because i ve never tried to mastered it.

This will maybe change with my new wheel.

Anyway, i hope there will be more servers.
I remember ATC servers, Redline servers,CTRA of course, etc....
Quote from jasonmatthews :I have set up [SR] Race Server 2 to use some combos from CTRA 1 if anyone wants to race there. The tracks auto change and races should restart automatically aswell. If anyone wants to post the combos that used to be in ctra 1 I am more than happy to add them

Wow, thank you!

Where are servers ???
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG