The online racing simulator
Headlights ON all the time
(71 posts, closed, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :... It's distracting as (unlike many other racers) I bother to use my mirrors.

It's the the "blinding" that bothers me, it's just that they're "annoying".

(In real life it's different.. I'm talking soley about LFS. )

now I know how to put you straight into a wall without touching you
I think lights are usually used to signal that a driver is being aggressive and pushing hard. I personally do it just so people know I am there and I want to pass them, although the button I used was easy to press so I kept on accidently using them. Oh and S14 another reason for using them is to irritate the drivers infront of you, or make them look in their mirrors more.
Quote from [DUcK] :now I know how to put you straight into a wall without touching you

Hah, you try it, Scott.

I "don't see" people behind me who have thier lights on

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Oh and S14 another reason for using them is to irritate the drivers infront of you, or make them look in their mirrors more.

It's the "irritate people infront of you/distract them" that gets me.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It's the "irritate people infront of you/distract them" that gets me.

That's racing, you do everything you can to gain an advantage. I will have to race against you sometime, you will hate me.

Well catch me on CTRA some time
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :That's racing, you do everything you can to gain an advantage. I will have ot race against you sometime, you will hate me.

Well dont race against him in a XFG, he will pwn your ass.

and he is a nasty driver, he doesnt know anything about clean passes
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :That's racing, you do everything you can to gain an advantage. I will have to race against you sometime, you will hate me.

And yet in pretty much all series, it is strictly forbidden to do that...
Quote from bbman :And yet in pretty much all series, it is strictly forbidden to do that...

Turning your lights on? Or trying to distract the driver infront? That's what I'm talking about, not the sort of thing Schumacher used to do.
Blinking or turning the lights on to intimidate people you're racing... Fake pass attempts and generally being at someone's bottom to force him into a mistake is obviously fine...
Use LFS Strobe as it has been said before,,,, or.... the lazy mans way--->

Stick a piece of paper or something in-between letters when you press it "G" and / or H/F/T/V/B what ever suits you the best....

Greetz!
Quote from bbman :Blinking or turning the lights on to intimidate people you're racing... Fake pass attempts and generally being at someone's bottom to force him into a mistake is obviously fine...

I wouldn't flash the lights to distract someone, but I would have them on so I stand out more in their mirrors. As far as I know that has never been a problem, you see it all the time in touring car racing.
Solution
Did this really need this un-requested bump?
#70 - Mc21
fail...
This thread is closed

Headlights ON all the time
(71 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG