The online racing simulator
Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
Ha! That's true.

Obviously the parking sensors aren't working either.
*gough* Scawen is a BMW driver.

Or at least used to be.
Quote from senn :(i'm paying, not an insurance company, seem most panel beaters don't like jobs they can't charge whatever they want, or twice if they don't do it right the first time)

Given that he drove into you and you are claiming from his insurance (you have a lot less levering available when it is you're claiming from your own policy) you should be able to get the work done anywhere you want to at a reasonable price and they will pay up, if not they should at least offer you the full value in cash of a high quality repair with genuine parts. If you're driving an old car and buy cheap panels and do the repair yourself you can get a reasonable amount of cash in hand, I know two people who have been taken out by buses in the last month and done this.
Quote from theirishnoob :youre a male driver under the age of 22.... you have no if ands or buts, your ALWAYS at fault. Fact. Ageisim is Ripe in most every society

Rife.

Quote from Blackout :*gough* Scawen is a BMW driver.

Or at least used to be.

I think that's offset by the fact he is (or was) a streetfightered* ZX6R rider.

*fairing removed
Quote from ajp71 :I know two people who have been taken out by buses in the last month and done this.

Make that a third - my mate got his car banged up by a bus (he was parked and the bus broad-sided it) - he got them to pay to write it off without the insurers knowing and then got to keep the car :P
I've got a new one...

Driving back from work today some stupid woman in a people carrier decided to nearly run me off the road. Basically there is a dual carridgeway that merges onto a bridge. I was on the outside lane ready to slot in behind the car just ahead on the left of me when this woman tries to undertake me and push in. Normally I would just brake and swear at the idiot, but it was at a point where the only outcome that would prevent a crash was her braking hard, because I had a car behind me too. But she did it so slowly that I nearly had to mount the central reservation to avoid her. Luckily a blast on the horn woke the stupid cow up and she broke just in time for me to avoid smashing the central reservation at 30mph.

I just wish people would stop being dicks at that section of road, they either undertake, tailgate, or zoom past a line of 5 cars and cut in really late and dangerously.
Turns out the story I told about my dad wasn't accurate, infact the Opel Ascona he hit, was swapping lanes just to braketest him, he obviously thought it was funny to watch for his friend in a Capri. Then he got rammed in the backside. My dad also flashed his lights before he got closer, the guy in the Opel repeatidly braketested him until my dad had enough and just didn't apply the brakes at all the next time he tried to braketest him.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I've got a new one...

Driving back from work today some stupid woman in a people carrier decided to nearly run me off the road. Basically there is a dual carridgeway that merges onto a bridge. I was on the outside lane ready to slot in behind the car just ahead on the left of me when this woman tries to undertake me and push in. Normally I would just brake and swear at the idiot, but it was at a point where the only outcome that would prevent a crash was her braking hard, because I had a car behind me too. But she did it so slowly that I nearly had to mount the central reservation to avoid her. Luckily a blast on the horn woke the stupid cow up and she broke just in time for me to avoid smashing the central reservation at 30mph.

I just wish people would stop being dicks at that section of road, they either undertake, tailgate, or zoom past a line of 5 cars and cut in really late and dangerously.

A bit of defensive driving sorts those idiots out. Just position yourself in the middle of the two lanes as early as you can and stop people physically being able to undertake or overtake you. Works perfectly. Though, I'm only talking about those merging queue situations you've refered to not when traffic is free flowing.
Quote from gezmoor :A bit of defensive driving sorts those idiots out. Just position yourself in the middle of the two lanes as early as you can and stop people physically being able to undertake or overtake you. Works perfectly. Though, I'm only talking about those merging queue situations you've refered to not when traffic is free flowing.

You know what I did exactly that today, a BMW was looking to do the same thing so I just made sure he couldn't pass on either side.

Although I do have another complaint, people really don't read the highway code much. There was lots of heavy traffic today, and I was trying to pull out of a petrol station across to the far side lane. The road was clear, the problem was there was not enough room on the other side of it, but I had pulled out half way expecting the cars to move forward in the traffic (it was moving at the time and someone was letting me out), but instead they decided leaving enough space for a small tank to fit between them and the cars infront would be a good idea. The highway code clearly says you should leave less space between you and the car infront when in heavy traffic, especially when you have a tiny Ford KA that's smaller than my boots.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You know what I did exactly that today, a BMW was looking to do the same thing so I just made sure he couldn't pass on either side.

It's a good tactic, I use it all the time. Of course you have to do it safely and with consideration (ie don't pull over last minute in front of someone barrelling up the outside/inside). It's not fool proof, there are still some idiots that will try and bully you in to moving out of their way by trying to squeeze up one side. The trick is not to flinch, not even slightly, just pull forward keeping right up the bumper of the car in front (remember we're talking a queue situation) and don't move over even an inch. If you do they'll see it and just keep trying to squeeze you over.

Quote :
Although I do have another complaint, people really don't read the highway code much. There was lots of heavy traffic today, and I was trying to pull out of a petrol station across to the far side lane. The road was clear, the problem was there was not enough room on the other side of it, but I had pulled out half way expecting the cars to move forward in the traffic (it was moving at the time and someone was letting me out), but instead they decided leaving enough space for a small tank to fit between them and the cars infront would be a good idea. The highway code clearly says you should leave less space between you and the car infront when in heavy traffic, especially when you have a tiny Ford KA that's smaller than my boots.

Never ceases to amaze me just how little awareness people seem to have of what's going on around them, particularly behind them. I've lost count of the amount of situations I've seen, that would have been solved by one person just pulling forward 6" to a foot. I'm very aware of what's going on behind me, I think it's a habit I picked up during my motorcycling days. On a motorcycle you're always a bit paranoid about being tail ended by cars or lorrys. Though I expect the occasion just after I got my car license when some guy just lost it under braking coming up behind me as I sat at a set of lights has only made me more aware of people behind. Thankfully I was able to pull forward enough to avoid a collision.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :...

Lol, taken today. No joke.

[OT]

Close....

My parking is just win, though (don't worry the kerb is low enough not to scrape).
Attached images
DSC00105.jpg
DSC00106.jpg
DSC00107.jpg
Quote from Blackout :Actually that is just a cunning way to park so that nobody can hit your car and scratch the paint with their door!

Work of a true genious.

I just park next to them, usually my Fiesta is small enough that if I park the passenger side hard against their car I can get out. Always good when you do it to the drivers door so they have to clamber in the passenger side!
Quote from Jakg :Close....

My parking is just win, though (don't worry the kerb is low enough not to scrape).

I don't see anything wrong with any of the pictures you posted.. In my opinion they are both 'Legal' parks.
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't see anything wrong with any of the pictures you posted.. In my opinion they are both 'Legal' parks.

Yes, when car parks are particularly empty, I like to see how many spaces I can take up with my Yaris (5 is my record so far )
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, when car parks are particularly empty, I like to see how many spaces I can take up with my Yaris (5 is my record so far )

How can you take up 5spots and not 6 or 4? Sounds like someone is not playing the game properly :P
I had to go at an angle...It's a small car, if I didn't, you could fit either side of it I was partially in the 6th space, but you could still definitely fit there.
Hey, with a Yaris wouldn't the best way to win this game just be to chop it into little pieces and have one in each space? No big loss, right?
But it still couldn't take up more than 6 spaces I reckon. If I chopped it any smaller you could just drive over the pieces
Quote from Blackout :Actually that is just a cunning way to park so that nobody can hit your car and scratch the paint with their door!

Yup. You only get spat on and scratched with keys.

Another thing that pisses me off is when I'm walking and come to an intersection where people are on the crosswalk. Depending on the car, I'll just climb up onto the hood and walk across. Did it to a Ford Expedition the other day. It was really high up.
I do that when people park across crossings at lights or zebra stripes. I make a point of walking into their car as hard as possible, trying to swing my coat so the buttons whack off it.
Not sure I'd go as far as walking across their bonnets, but I like the idea
Some of ya may have read my little whinge about some idiot in a Focus yesterday, who nearly rammed some Corsa off the road.

Well, after work today, I went for the same ride and guess what, the ****er was there again, tailgating, blocking me so I couldn't get past, crossing the line in the centre of the road on right hand bends, what a twit.
Quote from Dajmin :I do that when people park across crossings at lights or zebra stripes. I make a point of walking into their car as hard as possible, trying to swing my coat so the buttons whack off it.
Not sure I'd go as far as walking across their bonnets, but I like the idea

If you see room for 2 cars and you follow the one infront of you across the crossing, then they end up stopping 10 miles from the car infront, you can end up stuck on a crossing through no fault of your own. So just check that's not the case before you go walking on peoples cars or bashing into them, because if someone did that to me and it was not my fault I was there, then I would be likely to scratch and dent their face in return.

Today I had to deal with the boy racers in the carpark when I left work, one was going stupidly fast and suddenly stopped right infront of me and reversed into a space. I only just stopped in time, but he seemed to think it was hilarious, until I turned right to face down the other line of parking spaces with him parked behind me, and did a racing start peppering his car with gravel. I need a new set of tyres anyway.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, when car parks are particularly empty, I like to see how many spaces I can take up with my Yaris (5 is my record so far )

Attached images
DSC00111.jpg
DSC00112.jpg
Some lady idiot the other day nearly made me hit her.

I was in the right hand lane (the correct lane), she was in left. My exit was the third, hers was the fourth, I had to almost stop so I could get to where I was going.

So I had to give her the finger.

Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG