The online racing simulator
Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
Quote from danthebangerboy :you beat me to it dougie. Seriously though, i have seen many drivers doing totally rubbish attempts at driving, and about 9 times out of 10, tis a lady behind the wheel.

That's only because you adjusted your mirrors incorrectly so they all face you.
Quote from danthebangerboy :you beat me to it dougie. Seriously though, i have seen many people doing totally rubbish attempts at driving, and about 9 times out of 10, tis a lady behind the wheel. Such as a young girl in a saxo trying to park one day, she did about 15 shunts to get into a space that was about 6 feet longer than her little car, so loads of space. When she saw the queue she was causing on ely high street, she obviously went a bit wrong, and proceeded to reverse at speed over the pavement (luckily no pedestrians :schwitz and into the massively solid flint wall the other side.

Actually men and women are just as bad as each other overall. They just do different things badly. As you said women are usually worse at being able to judge speed/distance/space so tend to make mistakes at junctions and parking etc. Men on the other had tend to suffer from believing they are far better drivers than they are and so consiously drive too fast, go for undersize gaps, not leave enough room etc, so their accidents are by and large much more dangerous/severe. Women on the other had, tend to be far more cautious and lacking in confidence so have much more minor accidents. It's for this reason that Insurance companies are able to offer cheaper insurance to women without coming in to trouble with sexual equality legislation because all the facts show that men cause more expensive accidents than women.

2007 Figures here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/162259/1 ... 328843/flagbfactsheet.pdf
Figures aside, the worst drivers out there are those youngish (under 35), rich, most likely single or dating - not married Women that drive big 4x4's such as BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne or that new fangled BMW X6 thingy, that suddenly think they're something special.

It's over-compensation, thier mindset is "Oh my god how dare he/she do that, just because I am a Woman I'm going to push the point and tailgait this person for the next 90 miles with my hi-beams on because I'm a Woman who's got my life down!"
Quote from gezmoor :Actually men and women are just as bad as each other overall. They just do different things badly. As you said women are usually worse at being able to judge speed/distance/space so tend to make mistakes at junctions and parking etc. Men on the other had tend to suffer from believing they are far better drivers than they are and so consiously drive too fast, go for undersize gaps, not leave enough room etc, so their accidents are by and large much more dangerous/severe. Women on the other had, tend to be far more cautious and lacking in confidence so have much more minor accidents. It's for this reason that Insurance companies are able to offer cheaper insurance to women without coming in to trouble with sexual equality legislation because all the facts show that men cause more expensive accidents than women.

2007 Figures here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/162259/1 ... 328843/flagbfactsheet.pdf

Men have more expensive accidents because they are just driving too damn fast. Women have all these bumps and scrapes, nothing to write the car off just idiotic, mindless, unaware driving. That's why, on average, womens car insurance is cheaper than mens.
Quote from BlueFlame :Men have more expensive accidents because they are just driving too damn fast. Women have all these bumps and scrapes, nothing to write the car off just idiotic, mindless, unaware driving. That's why, on average, womens car insurance is cheaper than mens.

Men have more expensive accidents because when they do have accidents, it's usually while driving, at reasonable speed into a stationary object or into another driver while at reasonable speed. Women have cheap accidents because all they are trying to do is park their stinkin car between two other cars which should normally have plenty of room, pull out of a parking space which should normally have plenty of room, or pull the car into the garage at home, which should have plenty of room.
driving along a road 60kmh zone(slight LH curve, then a 75-80 right, then a hard left, 70metres then a stop sign.) I had seen a car in my rear view on the gentle curve, he was MILES behind me. I went a bit faster thru the sharper curves (yes i know i'm a hoon) but slowed down nice and early, as the stop sign comes up pretty quick , and i like a margin for error, also there was a car in front of me, who was just leaving the stop sign. I crawled up to the stop sign (20kmh)

I could see there was no cars coming both ways, but stopped anyway (most people seem to think stop means Give way) just as i took my foot off the brake, the car i had seen behind me rear ended my car. His excuse was "i thought you were going to roll through"

Long story (yes that is the short part) is that i'm now having to chase bits for a 22 year old sports car, and finding a panel beater i trust, and is willing to do the work (i'm paying, not an insurance company, seem most panel beaters don't like jobs they can't charge whatever they want, or twice if they don't do it right the first time)

Just remember to ALWAYS look before you pull out of an intersection, if you don't know an area, slow down, some signs etc are hidden by poorly trimmed trees, and are easily missed, especially at night or in poor visibility conditions.

For the sake of waiting an extra few seconds, you can save yourself money, and more importantly INJURIES! Some injury can't be fixed, no matter how good the insurance payout!
Best thing to do about tailgater's is to fill the washer bottle with washing up liquid and let the bubbles amass upon the bastards!
Bubbles FTW ! ! !
Nothing pisses me off more when car drivers do that, for the simple reason to PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Nothing pisses me off more when car drivers do that, for the simple reason to PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!

Tailgating bastard!
I'm on a bike, I don't tailgate. I just prepare to overtake.... constantly.
LOL. I just split soup.
Quote from DTrott :I hate shit drivers and when people don't park properly.

I hate it when people never let you out. They ****ing look at you and just go straight past.

This sort of parking isn't uncommon where I work and locally:

There was no-one in the car so it wasn't that they hadn't finished parking or anything.

Lol, taken today. No joke.

[OT]

Attached images
moto_0120.JPG
moto_0117.JPG
Quote from BlueFlame :Men have more expensive accidents because they are just driving too damn fast. Women have all these bumps and scrapes, nothing to write the car off just idiotic, mindless, unaware driving. That's why, on average, womens car insurance is cheaper than mens.

Dunno.. but I thought that's exactly what I said??
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm on a bike, I don't tailgate. I just prepare to overtake.... constantly.

Ahhh.. the memories !!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Lol, taken today. No joke.

Typical BMW driver, at least over here it would be.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :...

Lol, taken today. No joke.

Pretty considerate parking really, bet you could make it fill six spaces if you tried.
I was out for a bit of a drive over the weekend and stopped by a local industrial estate to see an Audi of some kind "parked" like that. I know they're big cars but they definitely don't need two spaces. Maybe they're Scalextric-addicts of something
At the local tesco I always park there for college, and there's always this one merc, always parked badly, never in the lines. It's even more annoying as he's in the car parking space I planned on parking next to.
Actually that is just a cunning way to park so that nobody can hit your car and scratch the paint with their door!

Work of a true genious.
Work of a BMW driving t*sser more like.
That reminds me, last tuesday when there was still alot of snow about, I saw a BMW driving around, they'd scraped snow off the front and side windows, but left the rear windscreen covered in snow.
Quote from DTrott :That reminds me, last tuesday when there was still alot of snow about, I saw a BMW driving around, they'd scraped snow off the front and side windows, but left the rear windscreen covered in snow.

Classic. Almost as good as the people who scrape clear a small circle directly in front of them, then leave 3 inches of snow on the rest of the screen.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Work of a BMW driving t*sser more like.

Quite an apt picture to go with that thought i think s14...

Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG