The online racing simulator
Spotify
(37 posts, started )
Spotify
Spotify is a fairly new music service/music player, similar to last.fm.

Here's a quote thing from their site:

Quote :What is Spotify?

Spotify is a new way to enjoy music. Simply download and install, before you know it you’ll be singing along to the genre, artist or song of your choice. With Spotify you are never far away from the song you want.

There are no restrictions in terms of what you can listen to or when. Forget about the hassle of waiting for files to download and fill up your hard drive before you get round to organising them. Spotify is instant, fun and simple.

Because music is social, Spotify allows you to share songs and playlists with friends, and even work together on collaborative playlists, Friday afternoon in the office might never be the same again! We’re music lovers like everyone else.

We want to connect millions of people with their favorite songs by creating a product that people love to use. We respect creativity and believe in fairly compensating artists for their work. We’ve cleared the rights to use the music you’ll listen to in Spotify.

Because I'm too lazy to actually write out properly the good stuff about it have some bullet points (stolen from someone elses blog!):

• Free Music
• Music streamed from the internet - no hard drive space
• You can’t tell it’s streamed from the internet - instant playback and brilliant quality
• Search is incredibly fast
• Application is incredibly fast
• Drag complete albums to your playlist
• Artist view shows compilation CDs that they’re on - and you can drag those to your playlist
• Share your playlists - they’re updated live when you change them!
• Collaborative playlists
• And all this uses less memory than Winamp

• The Free version is only available in Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, France and Spain.
• Some artists aren't there.
• And the occasional ad between songs.

Apart fromt these few negatives, it's awesome.

http://www.spotify.com/en/

And to join up without an invite: https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/
There's not enough material available through it yet to make it useful. Have to wait and see how it develops, but it really needs to provide an outlet for independent/unsigned acts too.
No Holland,
No success.
Quote from thisnameistaken :There's not enough material available through it yet to make it useful. Have to wait and see how it develops, but it really needs to provide an outlet for independent/unsigned acts too.

I agree, they should make the submission system a little bit more visible. The application is rather good, it could be tweaked a little in aspects though.
Ah, good idea.
Sounds nice ... It is indeed
i use it for some songs that i cant find other places, but it sucks that you cant download

Edit: rounded 800 posts xD
I got 8 invites... anyone want them?
Quote from DTrott :• Some artists aren't there.

Without even checking it out I am certain that that actually means: most of the music I listen to isn't there.
The adverts between songs is only on the free version, the paid subscription doesn't have ads, and there's been some copyright issues iirc between artists and certain countries, which is why some artists aren't available in certain countries.

Like Armin Van Buuren and Tiesto for the UK which sucks.
Quote from obsolum :Without even checking it out I am certain that that actually means: most of the music I listen to isn't there.

most alternative/independat music isn't there, especially hiphop
#13 - T.J.
Some famous artists/bands aren`t even on spotify yet! That suck bigtime along with many of my favorite albums have been deleted.. Hope spotify gets better before it gets paid..
#14 - Equi
I got invite's Just tell me and i'll send
I use Last•FM, it has more music IMO.
Quote from Xaid0n :I got 8 invites... anyone want them?

Still have invites left mate?
Quote from The Very End :Still have invites left mate?

Sure PM your email

Those who want invites, just PM me your email addresses.
anyone still using this? i'm a new convert. so far the only thing i could think to add would be a plugin to msn (to show what you're listening to) - dunno why just like having that.

anyone like Phantom Planet? just discovered them, although liked "california" for a long time (OC fan here )
Invite plox?

Promise not to troll anyone for 48 hours.
invite? what?
To be able to use it you need someone to invite, or you got to live in UK. You can either try using different IP services or proxy's to fool the system so you can download and use it, but the easiest is to get someone to invite.
Sadly, I canot invite since I got invited myself
its good to live in the uk sometimes

how do i invite people and how many can i invite?
I am not sure on the invite part, because not everyone can invite... basically I have no idea... maybe you need to be premium subscriber or something?

Edit : And lol that UK part.
Quote from oli17 :anyone still using this? i'm a new convert. so far the only thing i could think to add would be a plugin to msn (to show what you're listening to) - dunno why just like having that.

anyone like Phantom Planet? just discovered them, although liked "california" for a long time (OC fan here )

IIRC it has that already
whaaaa!?!?! how do i get it?

Spotify
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG