The online racing simulator
Putting F1 on Eurosport would contravene the contracts with national broadcasters.
#27 - DeKo
Quote from George Kuyumji :No HD for F1 in 2009. NASCAR has HD since 2005.

Guess F1 needs to catch up with technology

HD is far more widespread in america than it is in europe, which is F1's main target area.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
#28 - Mc21
ITV quality was crap with F1, but the BBC has a dedicated HD channel, which is also free, so why not show F1 on BBC and BBC HD? I mean people with Sky+HD with the HD mix on a channel like Channel 4 and C4HD they show both shows at the same time but one in SD and one in HD, so why not make it available for people who are HD ready to put there TV's to good use!
how bout since F1 isn't transmitted in HD by FOM...
Quote from Mc21 :ITV quality was crap with F1, but the BBC has a dedicated HD channel, which is also free, so why not show F1 on BBC and BBC HD? I mean people with Sky+HD with the HD mix on a channel like Channel 4 and C4HD they show both shows at the same time but one in SD and one in HD, so why not make it available for people who are HD ready to put there TV's to good use!

The BBC do not produce the pictures of the races, that is the job of Formula One Management. The BBC take what FOM give them, and in this case it's in SD. FOM may or may not have their reasons (IIRC there are issues with on-board cameras and HD).
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
the ATV in HK can provide HD F1, but I don't think they will do that because their HD channle has only use<2hr/day....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG