The online racing simulator
Quote from anttt69 :Sad to see all of these drop outs but it it does mean more chance for the rest of us to make it into the main event .

Just to confirm the shootout is a hot lapping knockout comp right? Based on one flying lap. Then the top 15 go into the main event.

There are 2 Shootouts. You will be in one of them.

The shootout is 20 minutes long. In that 20 minutes you do as many laps as you see fit. After both shootouts have finished, I combine the results from both shootouts and the top 15 from the combined list go through to the race meeting itself.

I hope this hasn't come across as terse, I just wanted to clarify the situation for you. I think this is written in the rules anyway, but if you need clarity then the passage above should provide it. Please let me know if you're happy with the explanation as I don't want anyone to not know what is going on
I think its the way you write things Joe, you've gone to the trouble of explaining but you still have not made it clear that it is 20mins of hot lapping & your fastest lap will count. The shootout could be a 20min race for all we know.

I admire your enthusiasm but you seem to rush yourself when replying to queries. here too

Keep up the good work this is proving to be a very popular championship.
anyone comming for some practise tonight? could be nice to see wich pace people are up to and, how/if they can improve
Quote from anttt69 :I think its the way you write things Joe, you've gone to the trouble of explaining but you still have not made it clear that it is 20mins of hot lapping & your fastest lap will count. The shootout could be a 20min race for all we know.

I admire your enthusiasm but you seem to rush yourself when replying to queries. here too

Keep up the good work this is proving to be a very popular championship.

He made it plenty clear.

Quote from Joe :The shootout is 20 minutes long. In that 20 minutes you do as many laps as you see fit.

I've never heard of a race where you do "as many laps as you see fit."

It's a normal 20min qual session. The results from the two 20min sessions will be combined and the top 15 from the combined list go through to race.
Have posted this in the sign-ups thread also:

'Just to re-iterate this point in the rules to new drivers for Round 2 of the iTCC.

At the second and each subsequent round of the championship, any driver entering the championship for the first time that season will have a 'new-entrant' ballast of 30 Kgs for that round.

You are not required to carry ballast for your Shooutout Session, but you ARE required to carry the 30 Kgs of ballast if you are new to the iTCC for Round 2 and have qualified from the Shootouts to the Main Event. There IS a software checker on the server that WILL auto-spec/auto-pit you if you try to break this rule.

Cheers

Joe Keaveney
'
I probably won't be there Sunday, and I certainly won't be if I can't get my laptop to boot
Quote from DeadWolfBones :He made it plenty clear.

How is "20 minute shootout" clear? What kind of shootout is it? Whats the format? In order for it be clear you must define "shootout".
He never mentions qualifying, fastest laps, or hotlapping so it is far from 'Clear'.
1.18.8 offline with 34kg (19.1 online atm )
I'm going to cry in a corner now.
Im not going to cry because qualification is not so important here....
Rudy are you going over or behing the second hip in the last chicane?
I have to qualify through the shootout though - so my tears are justified!
Clarification
TO clarify a point under discussion recently,

Drivers who have not competed in QUALIFYING OR THE RACES of a previous round of the iTCC
  • will carry 'new-entrant' ballast (30Kgs) in qualifying and the races of the Round in which they are competing if they make it through the Reserve Shootout of that round.
I believe this clarifies the issue. This position is in keeping with the spirit of the ballast rules.

Cheers

Joe Keaveney
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :TO clarify a point under discussion recently,

Drivers who have not competed in QUALIFYING OR THE RACES of a previous round of the iTCC
  • will carry 'new-entrant' ballast (30Kgs) in qualifying and the races of the Round in which they are competing if they make it through the Reserve Shootout of that round.
I believe this clarifies the issue. This position is in keeping with the spirit of the ballast rules.

Cheers

Joe Keaveney

So if I competed in the reserve shootout for round 1, I still have to carry new entrant ballast? Even though I am proved to be slower because I didn't make it into race 1?
Quote from racer hero :So if I competed in the reserve shootout for round 1, I still have to carry new entrant ballast? Even though I am proved to be slower because I didn't make it into race 1?

Correct, Kenneth. The ballast system is designed so new entrants to the races (i.e. qualifying & races) are not running at an advantage to others. I agree that in the early rounds the system may be weighted heavily against new entrants, but it favours them towards the end of the championship.

We'll be looking at how to improve this for next season. (Please don't use this thread to discuss said improvements, I'll make a seperate thread soon)

Good luck in the Shootout by the way, mate! You were in a class of your own yesterday in the FOXs, if you drive like that today 30 Kgs won't be too much of a problem to you anyway.

Cheers

Joe
Hmm, I actually might make it now

Laptop's working, I just need to get through the shootout
Quote from J@tko :Hmm, I actually might make it now

Laptop's working, I just need to get through the shootout

at least someone of NDR

I won't make it due to personal and privat commitments I'm sorry
what about the lap of aston does that count as qualifying?
Given this is Fern Bay Gold Reversed I somehow don't think so...
Quote from anttt69 :what about the lap of aston does that count as qualifying?

I think Ken's question combined with Joe's answer made that fairly clear. Just drive, dude, and don't get hung up on all the pedanticness of the rules!
a simple yes or no would have done .

I dont really see why new drivers should be penalised? It seems like you are just protecting the round one drivers. Even if we did get through we still have to carry 30kg's in the race why? It seems a little unfair tbh.

Any particular reason for this rule?
Quote from anttt69 :a simple yes or no would have done .

I dont really see why new drivers should be penalised? It seems like you are just protecting the round one drivers. Even if we did get through we still have to carry 30kg's in the race why? It seems a little unfair tbh.

Any particular reason for this rule?

Mostly to prevent someone who didn't know about the series but say, sees a broadcast and says, "This is cool ! I'ma race !" and to stop this person pwnting everyone who's been in it in previous round should the newcomer be an alien.

d
because at the end of the season, the championship leader could be carrying alot of ballast because of their points score, so to make it that new comers don't just blitz the field because they don't have any points (therefore no ballast) is a tad unfair on those who have been in the championship for the majority of the season.
I still suck @ 1:20,5.

Could any good soul send me setup for this?
#74 - CSF
Quote from dekojester :Mostly to prevent someone who didn't know about the series but say, sees a broadcast and says, "This is cool ! I'ma race !" and to stop this person pwnting everyone who's been in it in previous round should the newcomer be an alien.

d

In that case then there is no point in the shootout, as it is very likely that "new" drivers will plod around at the back, and be put back in the shootout for the next race... I also don't see why this was not put in for Round 1 in that case, given those that did the test race were protected anyway, and those in the shootout were "new"...
I'm not sure if everyone understands it correctly:

In the shootout you're not carrying any ballast.

If were not competing in the race / qualification in the last event you are required to carry 30 kg of ballast if you make it past the shootout and into the race / qualification.

If you participated in the race in the last event but did not make it into the top 15 thus having to do the shootout you are not required to carry ballast in the next race / qualification if you manage to get into the race again via the shootout.

iTCC - Round 2 - Pre-Race Discussion
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG