The online racing simulator
Who is the stig? *Spoilers?*
(44 posts, started )
Who cares about who The Stig is? That ruins the fun.
#27 - STF
#28 - Migz
Everyone who think the stig is currently ben collins is wrong.

As long as ben collins is the person im thinking about then he isnt the current stig.

He was the stig up until the Richard Hammond crash, but then because of the crash, and the fact everyone found out he was the stig they swapped him for another stig.
#29 - 5haz
Hahaha, News of the World, people only buy it for the boobs 'cos the rest of it is fiction.
LOL! NICE ONE!!! Who's up for battle of the Stigs?
#32 - STF
"The Stigs" race.. yeah!
Is that really real or someone made it up to look as if it is gonna be brought back. Cos if they do it they'll only do it to make us think theres another racing driver being the black stig now when in fact it will most likely be one of the current ones.
Quote from trebor901 :Is that really real or someone made it up to look as if it is gonna be brought back. Cos if they do it they'll only do it to make us think theres another racing driver being the black stig now when in fact it will most likely be one of the current ones.

Nothing direct, but I doubt BBC is not involved

Quote :A press release from the Beeb says, "Until now, the original Stig from BBC Top Gear was thought to have been killed back in 2003, when he drove a modified Jaguar XJS off the end of HMS Invincible aircraft carrier at 109mph. The nation was shocked that the Stig was dead. However, recent footage has been found on YouTube showing that he miraculously survived." The release goes on to say, "How he survived, nobody knows. Some believe he used the nitrous octane equipment from the Jag to breathe. Some believe he can communicate with dolphins and they cared for him. Has he returned because he can sense White Stig has had his identity exposed?"

Meh, as long as the Stig jokes keep on coming, I couldn't care.
The Stig is nobody specific. When cars are taken to Top Gear for the test track, I wouldn't be suprised if they only let the Manufacturers test driver drive the car around the track, and I think it was the case with the Bugatti Veyron. The speculation and the amount of interest of who 'The Stig' is really annoys me, it doesn't really matter, it's just a guy that drives fast, he could be completely crap in the real world anyway once his name is released and people realise what a racing reject The Stig really is. The Stig could be anyone in a white suit but naively people think it's the same guy every time.
Quote from BlueFlame :The Stig is nobody specific. When cars are taken to Top Gear for the test track, I wouldn't be suprised if they only let the Manufacturers test driver drive the car around the track

How do they all manage to keep the same lines though out the track if each week it's the new person driving... who hasn't been on that track before. Only times I know he was replaced was in stunts, in public city race, in caterham race to the racetrack and in Renault F1 hotlap... and naturally by James May in Brits vs Germans race, and in the Zonda test drive
Quote from BlueFlame :The Stig is nobody specific. When cars are taken to Top Gear for the test track, I wouldn't be suprised if they only let the Manufacturers test driver drive the car around the track, and I think it was the case with the Bugatti Veyron. The speculation and the amount of interest of who 'The Stig' is really annoys me, it doesn't really matter, it's just a guy that drives fast, he could be completely crap in the real world anyway once his name is released and people realise what a racing reject The Stig really is. The Stig could be anyone in a white suit but naively people think it's the same guy every time.

Shut up! I don't want to hear this! I want to naively believe The Stig is really the bestest racing driver in the history of every kind of motorsport.
Quote from squidhead :How do they all manage to keep the same lines though out the track if each week it's the new person driving... who hasn't been on that track before. Only times I know he was replaced was in stunts, in public city race, in caterham race to the racetrack and in Renault F1 hotlap... and naturally by James May in Brits vs Germans race, and in the Zonda test drive

The fastest way around the track is generally set to a specific racing line anyway, as it's the fastest, it doesn't matter who is behind the wheel, eventually the driver/s will find the fastest line and continue to use it. You only need Formula one, or even LFS as examples for this.
Quote from JJ72 :why all the interest in who he really is?

everyone fan of topgear, but if someone would find out him most of people might think that stig comes more boring, it ain special anymore if it comes out who he is
I know who once had to replace the stig for one show, but in the end didnt have to. He said it on TV.

He is from Netherlands...
I have a feeling the BBC are planning something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvN45ea5bKo

I can quite imagine on the next series of topgear Jermey saying this

"Some say he died when he drove a modified jag off an aircraft carrier
and that he used the nitrous system to breathe.
All we know is he's back from the dead,
And he is called the Black Stig."
#43 - DeKo
no doubt the PC brigade will moan about clarkson saying 'black stig', but white stig has overdue his welcome, time for black to come back, baby.
Could be worse. Could be GollyStig, and that would annoy the PC brigade.

Who is the stig? *Spoilers?*
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG