The online racing simulator
Mercedes Considered F1 Withdrawal
Quote :Only by a narrow margin was Mercedes-Benz's continued presence in Formula One approved by the marque's parent board, a report on Sunday claimed. The German news magazine Focus said Dieter Zetsche, Daimler AG chief executive, recently asked the management board to vote on whether Mercedes should prolong its 13-year collaboration with 2008 drivers' world champions McLaren.

Focus claims that the management board's vote tallied three votes to two, meaning that for now Daimler AG remains committed to formula one.

The same magazine, however, said BMW might rethink its BMW Sauber-branded F1 programme upon completion of the quest to win the title, theoretically at the end of this year.

F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone recently said he is pressing for the manufacturers to commit contractually to the sport long-term in order to "prevent the kind of thing we have seen with Honda".

"If they did (agree) we could sue the arse off them if they left. They wouldn't like that," the 78-year-old said.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com ... considered-f1-withdrawal/

Bernie's comments are always so incredibly careless.
Bernies a little arse himself... Glad McLaren is staying, sad to see such big teams considering withdrawing but I think that F1 is going downhill...
#3 - 5haz
I'm amazed most of the engine manufacturers are not quitting.

Bernie is a tosser, he thinks he is doing F1 good but what he is infact doing is causing a lot of damage by hacking everyone off and trying to fix stuff that isn't broken with his medal scheme.

The way that he uses very informal language in his interviews makes me laugh (He also said that he was 'pissed off' that his medal system is not popular), makes me also think he isn't the right man for the job, he really is cracking up and making so many enemies.

The old people's home beckons for Bernie.
Quote from 5haz :I'm amazed most of the engine manufacturers are not quitting.

Bernie is a tosser, he thinks he is doing F1 good but what he is infact doing is causing a lot of damage by hacking everyone off and trying to fix stuff that isn't broken with his medal scheme.

The way that he uses very informal language in his interviews makes me laugh (He also said that he was 'pissed off' that his medal system is not popular), makes me also think he isn't the right man for the job, he really is cracking up and making so many enemies.

The old people's home beckons for Bernie.

Speak teh troof!
It appears that the F1 technical regulations need placing back on the trolley - 2.4 litre V8 naturally aspirated that cost silly amounts of money don't please manufacturers (who want the ability to showcase their technology) and privateers (who just want cheap engines).
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73111

But a spokesman for Daimler has said that the stories are incorrect, and in fact no vote took place regarding the company's future plans in F1. "There was no voting by the Daimler board of management concerning Formula One," ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG