The online racing simulator
Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
Good Luck Scawen and i know what its like moving house as i've moved house about 3-4 times in 2 years.
Quote from chaa :I think it would have been much more easily if Victor or Eric had told us these information some weeks ago...

Judging from the tone of his previous posts, I guess the Scawen was just a tiny wee bit fed up of the forum, otherwise he could have told that himself around Christmas instead of let people guess for over a month.

Quote from Scawen :continuing with other things we will be releasing this year.

This man likes to tease
Congrats Scawen. Be happy with your family at new home.

An internet disconnection, house moving issue, and working conditions could be obstacles for LFS progress. Just curiosity.. In order to reduce risk, do you store your back up files in different physical locations? I don't mention hosting or FTP facilities..

Thanks and regards.
you have room for one more? lol... i know how you feel... stressed, i moved 2 times in oe year and, it sucks... so im glad to hear your happy
Good to know that you got a new house. I hope is great.
I recently moved...and it's alot of work, sure is.

Maybe those isp's have a contract with iracing and decided to go Iboobytraping.
Go with AOL.. forget about trying to get connected by them, TRY LEAVING THEM!!! :banghead:
lol, CONTROLL YOURSEEEELLLFFFFFF... Controlllll...
anywho, the internet is the hardest thing to move...
I moved last week and its a right pain in the ass. Have fun finding those important items lost at the bottom of some random box you cant find!
#59 - senn
hah i thought there might be a reason Good luck unpacking etc, it can be a right pain :P

I agree with you, there's so many companies that are run so badly, how the hell do they survive? tards

Good to have ya back Scawen
yay ! you are still alive !

nice to hear news from you scawen .... i know how hard it is when you change the house youre living in .... anyway, best of luck !
*yawns* time to move on..
my own experiences of moving with telewest/virgin havent been a problem, and ive been a telewest/virgin customer for over 10years now and i think ive called them twice.... the day b4 i moved i was cut off....the day i moved in ,the engineer was at the new house plumbing me in.

however, im a pc engineer, business and residential , and ive seen it all, especially BT and id like to share an example of their splendid work.

We ordered BT broadband for a customer at the end of november last year, i was in her house the day after activation day. no broadband light! so i called CS.

i was told "it was a problem with the line, and an engineer will turn up to sort it", he come out (a week later) the customer was told it was a faulty bt hub, new one send out, 3-5 days , same problem..after a circle of the same event and too cut a long story short, the customer now has 3 bt hubs, and a bt voyager LOL all sent out to cure the problem, and it still didnt fix it.

i rang bt from her house , spoke to customer services, who said something(i couldnt tell you exactly)LOL.....i asked for her manager, who finally checked the line again, told me the line had been ceased for some reason,possibly because of unpaid bill, although the customer had been paying for broadband for 2 months, in the end bt told me, "i dont know why it had been ceased" , "but ive now turned it on", and within a minute of her saying that the broadband light lit up on the router in front of our eyes!2 months later
your back

good luck in your house

PS. i can wait forever for the Sirocco
Yeah! Nice to hear that you are happy. But Im not. Im not interested in your personal problem. You could say only: Sorry , new patch will be in 30 days.
Congrats on the new house. Have fun with it.
Good to hear about you, and welcome back!
Regarding ISPs: a friend had to endure something similar here, ISPs can suck everywhere as far as I've seen.
Scawen, it's not an unbelievable story. I understand what it is like trying to communicate with communication companies - they don't like communicating, except with your bank to take your money...
Quote from Fabri91 :Good to hear about you, and welcome back!
Regarding ISPs: a friend had to endure something similar here, ISPs can suck everywhere as far as I've seen.

it's easier to deal with them when you've worked for one... my neighbour had internet issues and the tech support guy wasn't very helpful, you know the routine... "my internet doesn't work..." "ok... unplug this, unplug that, reboot the pc 50000000000 times" etc.

so i call them up (being a business customer) and asked them to check the levels, and sure enough, his modem was out of whack.

long story short, his modem and line were fine, but a bad LAN cable was shorting out his modem... i guess he moved his desk and it crushed the cable. funny thing though, the tech never did come out to check his modem...

(yes, we probably should have seen the crushed cable, but that's not relevant )

back on topic, moving sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do... and i don't think we're going anywhere...
Thanks for the info Scawen (=
-
(ACCAkut) DELETED by ACCAkut : to prevent flamewar
#70 - zero
Quote from Klouczech :Im not. Im not interested in your personal problem.

Quote from ACCAkut :hmm, big writeup, but for me thats not really a reason to "stop" working for over a month

Wow. I really wasn't excepting so arrogant posts. There are people in our community who actually care about Scavier, not only about their work. So why wouldn't they know what's going on? (I remember myself grinning when i saw video with Scawen taming FBM )

Enjoy your new house Scawen!
Quote from Klouczech :Yeah! Nice to hear that you are happy. But Im not. Im not interested in your personal problem. You could say only: Sorry , new patch will be in 30 days.

Or he could have said nothing all, nice compassion for the person that brought you LFS, god damn.

Quote from ACCAkut :hmm, big writeup, but for me thats not really a reason to "stop" working for over a month (at least thats what it sounds like). Everyone has to go through something like this, my family had no inet and phone for three weeks because of Arcors inability and we had to keep everything going anyway, and i had to manage setting everything up in the new appartement while starting university. Its not a big deal, but thats just how I think about it.

So selling, packing up an entire family house with years worth of belongings then moving it all to a new house and unpacking it all again, then having no broadband connection and having to go through all the red tape that comes with two large ISP's is not enough of a reason to not having enough time to sort out with LFS? And even through all that he has still managed to send out various bits and peices for the beta testers and the test patches here!

I don't think you can compare all that to you moving into a uni flat.

No offense but you're both talking total and utter bollocks.
Quote from ACCAkut :hmm, big writeup, but for me thats not really a reason to "stop" working for over a month (at least thats what it sounds like). Everyone has to go through something like this, my family had no inet and phone for three weeks because of Arcors inability and we had to keep everything going anyway, and i had to manage setting everything up in the new appartement while starting university. Its not a big deal, but thats just how I think about it.

Not the same as being a self employed long haired creative type though is it I can often take weeks out of being in a creative place and generate very little work, then a weekend goes by and i've moved the firm on 3 months.

The whole point of doing LFS was to give Scawen the flexibility in his life to work as he wanted. I dont see the issue, I dont see why he even felt sufficiently pressured to post an excuse tbh.

I hope the new home works out for your Scawen, i'm trying to move myself but years of being an economical failure meen i'm a long way from being in the financial position too. I'm hoping the market utterly crashes !
yay! Scawen likes cats....!
me too

there are some of us who will wait patiently
People in UK are very lucky! In Spain only have 2 days in company to move from old home to new home

I'm sure that you can do an effort to release scirocco at the middle of February
good to see that you are alive scawen, congrats to your new home
This thread is closed

Moving house...
(300 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG