The online racing simulator
#1 - amp88
Masters of Endurance 2008/2009 Round 4 Aston 24 Hours
This is a thread for clips from the Masters of Endurance 2008/2009 Aston 24 Hours live broadcast. I'll be adding a link to the full broadcast, links to hour long pieces of the broadcast and guest interviews.

The full 24 hour long broadcast (24 hours, 11 minutes, 57 seconds, 8.01GB)

Hour Long Segments

Part 1 (311 MB) - Includes the race build up, sponsors clips, the formation lap (showing the expertly driven safety car ( ) wearing Robby Mac's winning Safety Car skin) and the first ~40 minutes of the race.
Part 2 (343 MB) - Includes the start of the interview with Team Inferno driver Jörn Dombrowski (Commander).
Part 3 (338 MB) - Includes the conclusion of the interview with Dombrowski and an interview with Team Inferno's Marius Golombeck (bash0r).
Part 4 (340 MB) - Includes and interview with Zafar Iqbal (r4ptor) from My3id Gaming.
Part 5 (341 MB)
Part 6 (340 MB) - Includes an interview with Mika Hakkinen...erm, sorry, Joona Laurila (Jonesy_) from Mercury Racing Team.
Part 7 (341 MB)
Part 8 (343 MB)
Part 9 (345 MB)
Part 10 (337 MB) - Includes an interview with Ray Mooney (bawbag) from Mercury Racing Team.
Part 11 (340 MB) - Includes interviews with Nolan Scott (BigTime) from CoRe Racing and Jack Basford (v1rg0) from My3id Gaming.
Part 12 (339 MB) - Includes an interview with Mika Radmer (Michael Radmer) from Teamsport-Online
Part 13 (340 MB)
Part 14 (339 MB)
Part 15 (344 MB) - Includes interviews with Josh Hughes (Arrow.) from XFusion Racing and Phil Diaz (PMD9409) from CoRe Racing
Part 16 (339 MB)
Part 17 (340 MB) - Includes an interview with Andrei Radu from prodrive Racing Team
Part 18 (345 MB) - Includes the start of Scott Andrews' ([Duck]) from Mercury Racing Team stint as a guest commentator and Zafar Iqbal (r4ptor) from My3id Gaming.
Part 19 (336 MB)
Part 20 (345 MB)
Part 21 (338 MB)
Part 22 (341 MB)
Part 23 (342 MB)
Part 24 (334 MB)

Special Sections

Safety Car Lap (18 MB)
Interview with Jörn Dombrowski (Commander) from Team Inferno (58 MB)
Interview with Marius Golombeck (bash0r) from Team Inferno (63 MB)

All videos are copyright of Masters of Endurance.

We'd like to say another big thank you to all competitors, officials, drivers, teams, spectators and sponsors:

Ahh thank you very much amp... I tried to split up all the bits of the video myself but when I watched them, my voice had been taken down about 10 tones so I sounded like a monster. My ISP is not going to be amused about all this downloading...

But, how do I go about actually playing a .asf file or putting it into a video editor?

EDIT: The above question does not need answering. I'm a fool!
No chance of a highlights reel is there?
Quote from AstroBoy :No chance of a highlights reel is there?

I'm making one at the moment. Just finished hour 1. It'll be several weeks before you see it because I have lots of other stuff I need to do.
#5 - amp88
Parts 4-8 of the video have now been added.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :Ahh thank you very much amp... I tried to split up all the bits of the video myself but when I watched them, my voice had been taken down about 10 tones so I sounded like a monster.

I used a program called AsfBin to cut up the video. Download the Windows GUI version (direct download link). The GUI is a little difficult to use (not massively intuitive for me), follow the below steps to cut video:

Step 1 - Run program, use the select location button in the top right hand corner to select the folder where the video you want to split is.

Step 2 - Click on the video you want to split and then click the <<--- button to bring it across to the left hand side. When you do this you'll be shown the duration of the video (beneath the slider and in the "End (s)" field). You will also be able to see what streams are in the video (in this case it's 1 audio stream and 1 video stream, as you'd expect).

Step 3 - This is optional depending on how many clips you wish to split the clip into. If you want to cut the video into multiple parts (like I did in this case) check the box that says "Save each segment to a different file...". This just means if you select 3 clips to cut they'll be named (for example) Clip1, Clip2, Clip3 so there are no overwriting conflicts.

Step 4 - This is where we're actually going to define how to cut the video and output the clips. In this example I'm cutting 2 clips, each an hour long, from the very start of the video. To do this change the value in the "End (s)" field to "01:00:00.000" and leave the "Start (s)" field at "00:00:00.000". Now press the "<<--- Insert" button to add this task to the list of tasks. When you do this it will be displayed on the left hand side and you'll get a summary showing the start offset, end offset and length of the clip. Now change the "Start (s)" time to "01:00:00.000" and the "End (s)" time to "02:00:00.000" (to cut the second hour) and click on the "<<--- Insert" button again. Now, make sure the value in the "Destination" field is where you want to save your videos and click on the "Cut / Copy / Join" button. Et voila!

#7 - Mysho
Thanks you very much for making this thread and cutting the stream to parts, it is very helpful that I don't need to download whole 8gb stream. Good job!

It's always good to have memories of this race on my HDD.
Hmm any idea which part has Johannes from Sonicrealms in it? (interview)
Do the parts include the same material as the full broadcast. Would be good to know because downloading the full broadcast would take about 7 hours.
Quote from evilpimp :Hmm any idea which part has Johannes from Sonicrealms in it? (interview)

Sorry, I haven't gone through all of the clips yet...I'm doing them as I post them.

Quote from Deutschland2007 :Do the parts include the same material as the full broadcast. Would be good to know because downloading the full broadcast would take about 7 hours.

The hourly clips include all of the action on the full broadcast. I've also cut the first 15 minutes off the broadcast because it consisted of the commentary team and Ben fiddling about with getting things ready.
Quote from evilpimp :Hmm any idea which part has Johannes from Sonicrealms in it? (interview)

That interview was sometime in the UK early morning, IIRC, sometime after hour 13 or 14, I believe. I can't remember, but I know it was later.

d
Parts 9-16 have now been posted in the original post.
none of the links work for me
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I'm making one at the moment. Just finished hour 1. It'll be several weeks before you see it because I have lots of other stuff I need to do.

All is i good for i have several weeks to wait lol
Parts 17-21 have now been added. I haven't yet found the Johannes Makkela interview but I haven't looked through every minute of the broadcast (just skipping through listening for new voices). If I've missed any guest interviews please let me know which part and who the interviewee was (preferably including a timestamp too, so I can check the video) please let me know and I'll update the original post.
The final parts of the broadcast have now been updated. I will be putting up special sections (safety car, guest interviews) within the next few days.

Quote from Andrei221 :@ amp88

The name is Andrei Radu and the site is http://prodrive.storm-servers.net (no domain atm)

Updated the original post. Thanks
Great work, Angus!
Thanks for that service! Great stuff!

Thank you
I've downloaded the big 8Gb file last night.. Think I'll watch a bit every day :P
Thanks you, great work!
Absolutely tks guys!! Another great job

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG