The online racing simulator
Volvo planning return to BTCC
(30 posts, started )
#2 - kirmy
great news, however i cant see it being as special next year as it was back then, nice to see a few manufacturers getting back to business. Hopefully a few more manufacturers will follow suit, like toyota or honda or maybe even alfa romeo, that would really make for some interesting racing, shame most of the cars are hatch backs, saloons definatly provided better racing
great news

now to try and persuade them to run an estate, theres nothing funnyier than a volvo estate walking all over some sporty car based racer like a bmw lol
Part of the point is that they are running the C30s they already have built for the STCC.
#5 - mr_x
Quote from kirmy :shame most of the cars are hatch backs, saloons definatly provided better racing

Agreed, Saloons are much better for touring cars. Great to see another manufacturer coming back though.
Plato's time is running out, he'll drive anything Mr. X
Quote from mr_x :According to this they could be using the new S60! :eek:
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3100

I must say, though, I'd never seen Jason Plato as a Volvo driver, he doesn't strike me as that type.

If its Team Dynamics running them as has been reported to be the case then Jason Plato wont get a look in as Team Dynamics is owned by Matt Neal's dad and i doubt he'll let the person who smashed up so many of their Integra's for them in 2006 drive for them.
Quote from trebor901 :If its Team Dynamics running them as has been reported to be the case then Jason Plato wont get a look in as Team Dynamics is owned by Matt Neal's dad and i doubt he'll let the person who smashed up so many of their Integra's for them in 2006 drive for them.

Matt Neal smashed up his own Integra's. He's a whining biatch.
yeah but he's a better driver than Plato. Who is it again thats the double champion?! And whose the one whose cocked up 3 years in a row to throw away the championship.
Quote from trebor901 :yeah but he's a better driver than Plato. Who is it again thats the double champion?! And whose the one whose cocked up 3 years in a row to throw away the championship.

He used to be a good driver, when he was in the Team Dynamics 405 a good while ago but now he is a washed up driver trying to beat everyone in BTCC, I mean, the standards of BTCC are just dire. Plato was the driver there with the highest credibility and the best padded CV. Matt Neal is nothing on Plato, like, actually... :P Dan Eaves was good, don't know what he's doing now, he raced alongside Neal and owned everyone, but the thing is, good drivers move on instead of dominating shitty championships to pretend they are good.
Quote from mr_x :According to this they could be using the new S60! :eek:
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3100

I must say, though, I'd never seen Jason Plato as a Volvo driver, he doesn't strike me as that type.

Honestly, I never believe anything touringcartimes says. But it is exciting to even have the rumour of them coming back!
#13 - MR_B
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! I hope so! Rickard Rydell returning????
Quote from BlueFlame :He used to be a good driver, when he was in the Team Dynamics 405 a good while ago but now he is a washed up driver trying to beat everyone in BTCC, I mean, the standards of BTCC are just dire. Plato was the driver there with the highest credibility and the best padded CV. Matt Neal is nothing on Plato, like, actually... :P Dan Eaves was good, don't know what he's doing now, he raced alongside Neal and owned everyone, but the thing is, good drivers move on instead of dominating shitty championships to pretend they are good.

Dan Eaves is racing this year actually to Clyde Valley Racing (run by GR Asia) in a Bio Ethanol SEAT Leon.
Quote from trebor901 :Dan Eaves is racing this year actually to Clyde Valley Racing (run by GR Asia) in a Bio Ethanol SEAT Leon.

In WTCC? GR Asia the same team that have supported Tom Coronel for some time right?
No, BTCC.
Quote from duke_toaster :No, BTCC.

Hopefully Dan can get a decent drive maybe for WTCC or sports car racing, he is too good for the BTCC imo.
Quote from BlueFlame :Matt Neal is nothing on Plato, like, actually... :P

lol do you know anything about the btcc?
Quote from anttt69 :lol do you know anything about the btcc?

What has Matt Neal actually done? Race in the BTCC and race in the Aussie V8's as a wildcard and fecked everyones race up. That's about it.
Quote from BlueFlame :What has Matt Neal actually done? Race in the BTCC and race in the Aussie V8's as a wildcard and fecked everyones race up. That's about it.

He's raced in the BTCC since the early nineties, he was the first ever non-manufacturer driver to win a race outright. He was the first independent driver to win a championship in 14 years and was the first to win back-to-back titles in more than 20 years. I think he's done fairly well.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :He's raced in the BTCC since the early nineties, he was the first ever non-manufacturer driver to win a race outright. He was the first independent driver to win a championship in 14 years and was the first to win back-to-back titles in more than 20 years. I think he's done fairly well.

Why isn't he in a decent sports car team or something then? I agree he WAS good but the same goes for Plato too.
Volvo back in BTCC? Fantastic news!
Yeah Volvo rocks. And that S60 is beautiful.
Finnaly
Apparently, they are definately not going to appear for the opening round, and the are "unlikely" to appear in any major way in 2009, but are looking to go for it in 2010

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG