The online racing simulator
What is it with the weight loss ads?
(13 posts, started )
Has anyone noticed that they are bombarded with weight loss and "flat stomach" advertisements all over the damn internet? I googled this, and there have been many other people who have noticed this. Has this happened to anyone else? Every site I go on I see at least one picture where theres this gross fat person with their fat hanging out and its like before and after pictures. It's NASTY!
#2 - amp88
Use Firefox + Adblock. I get very few adverts and when I do I can block them in just a couple of clicks.
#3 - 5haz
Well at least its not the Crazy Frog.

But yeah I know what you mean.
There have been so many of these that I'm waiting for the "gain weight fast" ads.
Absolutely.
Attached images
hydroxycut2.png
don't worry the depression will mean no one can afford enough to get fat and thus these ads won't appear anymore!
It's kind of ironic that I get all these ads considering i am way underweight and trying to gain weight.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Has anyone noticed that they are bombarded with weight loss and "flat stomach" advertisements all over the damn internet? I googled this, and there have been many other people who have noticed this. Has this happened to anyone else? Every site I go on I see at least one picture where theres this gross fat person with their fat hanging out and its like before and after pictures. It's NASTY!

I have to say I've noticed it as well. It's just playing on people's mind.

Being honest, the world, in whole is "slightly overweight". By that I mean most of the guys have a bit of a beer belly and man-boobs, girls have a big of fat on their tummys and the like. And I'm not overly against this. You are who you are and I'd rather have some 'real' girl (I wouldn't go for a fat girl, but then one of those stick-thin model girls aren't exactly my cup of tea either, sure to over but not to actually spend any sort of time with..).

But anyway, back to the point - It's playing with people's happiness. Everyone watches TV, everyone sees all these celebrities with their awesome tans, sexy bodies and lovely hair. And the the normal people just want to 'be like them', in a way. They want to be attractive and look nice. These 'vulture companies', as I like to call them just pry on people's happiness to make money of out it..

Invariably, they do work, eventually. Then again what's wrong with a good old fashioned diet?

You see some really fat person who's now as skinny as say, Beyonce or Rihanna, and you'd think to yourself, "hey I'm only <2 or 3 sizes too big>, I can be like that too".

It's sick and twisted. Unfortunatly it's the world in which we live in.
S14 has a point, in the picture imthebestracerthereis posted that guy actually looks a lot more healthier in the "before" picture. The guy on the right is probably very dehydrated and looks like he's about to die for not eating properly.

Oh and on the topic I haven't seen ads like that.
What sort of sites are you visiting? Not being rude or anything just havent seen/noticed anything odd in my surfing.
It's a media thing, they portray a false, and sometimes unatainable, body image, and this filters down to joe public, who try and get to this, by any means nessecary.

Obesity is a big problem, and much of the problem is the cheapness and availability of fast food, and the crap quality of the foods in our supermarkets, that combined with our working lifestyles mean people default to crap food and no excercise.

I read something the other day, where this milkshake, one single milkshake drink, in America had something like 2500cals, and double the daily allowance of fat and sugar, mental.

Link, check that bad boy out

Personally, I like girls with a bit of meat on their bones
Quote from sil3ntwar :What sort of sites are you visiting? Not being rude or anything just havent seen/noticed anything odd in my surfing.

He's from Yankeeland, he will see adverts targetted at that geographical area.
Quote from Bean0 :He's from Yankeeland, he will see adverts targetted at that geographical area.

I was actually thinking that

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG