hey,

that look nice
but is it better than the g25 ?
#3 - senn
nice review boys
Quote from thgombeer :hey,

that look nice
but is it better than the g25 ?

From what it sounds like, it beats the G25 in a number of areas such as FFB and general look and feel. However, its flimsly nature and the weak-feeling pedals aren't as good as the G25. And it's quite a lot more expensive.

But I want one anyway!
Nice review, though I was actually expecting it to be the model with load cell (I can't really remember all of the funny names they use for their range). The pedals in themselves look like a bit of a let down. The ones on the G25 are still too soft IMO, especially the throttle.

I can't say I like the look of it and if there was an unbranded one without the Porsche thingy on the wheel I'd definitely choose that one. All I care about is the performance, brand licensing just adds cost with no real benefit.

The wheel itself looks good, has some nice touches and is very quiet, and I also liked the wireless capability. The clamp really stinks and the shifter does not appear to offer the same freedom of placement that the G25 has.

All in all, I still think I'd go with the G25 rather than this one, or maybe look at the model with improved pedals.

However, I noticed there's some input lag in both LFS and iRacing, is that a problem with the wheel or driver?
Quote from NightShift :

However, I noticed there's some input lag in both LFS and iRacing, is that a problem with the wheel or driver?

There's a comment on YT from SRT saying that's it's the camera vs screen refresh rate causing what appears to be quite bad lag between the wheel movement and what you see on the screen. But it does look pretty bad!
Thanks for pointing that out, I'm so used to skipping the comments altogether that I had not realized there was an interesting conversation going on there
Ok, now we just need a review of the GT3 w/ load cell brake. (not out yet)

More info
i too was hoping for this to be a review of the newer wheel
anyway nice review but theres one thing you should mention in future wheel reviews (especially with 900+deg wheels) which is ffb speed
Quote from Shotglass :i too was hoping for this to be a review of the newer wheel
anyway nice review but theres one thing you should mention in future wheel reviews (especially with 900+deg wheels) which is ffb speed

They did mention it, though. Shaun said it was easier to correct quickly with the G25 because it's quicker and more responsive whereas the 911 is smoother.

Nice review guys! I love your hardware reviews. Video reviews are a lot more instructive than just written ones found on game sites (where the reviews are often done by journalists who don't care about racing and don't have anything to compare it to).

Keep up the good work!
Quote from Gnomie :They did mention it, though. Shaun said it was easier to correct quickly with the G25 because it's quicker and more responsive whereas the 911 is smoother.

i was thinking more of the kind of thing niels would do
omg that wheel has lag from 13:30 to 14:10 its bad reminds me of RBR on a really really slow system with a DFP
Thanks for the review... Now i know alot more about it
I know enough to not want to buy one. Wheel looks much nicer to hold than the G25, but I like the pedals on G25 better than the 911 wheel. Would it be possible to use G25 pedals with the 911 wheel? :o
Yes G25 pedals sorry - numpty moment.
yes you can use the G25 pedals on all the 911 wheels
Yes it is. I tried it, but didn't like the feeling of the G25 pedals after having used the Fanatec pedals for a month or so. I do use the G25 H-shifter as an E-brake though, which works very well. I just set it to sequential and set it to engage the e-brake when I pull back on it.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :From what it sounds like, it beats the G25 in a number of areas such as FFB and general look and feel. However, its flimsly nature and the weak-feeling pedals aren't as good as the G25. And it's quite a lot more expensive.

But I want one anyway!

ok
anyone know where to buy this? fanatec says its on back order till June of 2009!!!!!!!!! ebay maybe?
Fanatec only sells though their website.
sorry I didn't reply here sooner.. The Clubsport pedals as well as the GT3 will be on the show.. We have a set of the pedals here now.. Very nice ! We also have a Carrera wheel as well and that will be on the show soon too.

I also agree with some of these posts.. G25 pedals with this wheel is a great combo.. The GT3, is going to be awesome with these clubsports !! I tried the G25 pedlas with the Carrera wheel and was a nice combo !

Darin
Great news! I know a lot of people are looking forward to your review.
Quote from DarinSRT :sorry I didn't reply here sooner.. The Clubsport pedals as well as the GT3 will be on the show.. We have a set of the pedals here now.. Very nice ! We also have a Carrera wheel as well and that will be on the show soon too.

I also agree with some of these posts.. G25 pedals with this wheel is a great combo.. The GT3, is going to be awesome with these clubsports !! I tried the G25 pedlas with the Carrera wheel and was a nice combo !

Darin

Darin, about the pedals: virtualr.net reports they'll be available in February, however the Fanatec website says March... Do you have word about whether the first batch is already sold out or did they have to push back the release?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG