The online racing simulator
IL2-Sturmovik 1946
(93 posts, started )
IL2-Sturmovik 1946
I was following the other thread about FSX, and all I can say is that I'm happy to see some flightsim lovers over here

If you fly with IL2-Sturmovik 1946, you only have to download one single patch (4.08m) and you're ready to go.
There's a 4.09m patch out too, but it's still a beta.
To fly online I connect through HyperLobby. Lots of servers available with all sort of difficulty settings.

IL2-Sturmovik 1946 is the BEST combat flight simulator, period!
And it's not that easy on high settings. Watch out for its (sooner or later) upcoming sequel, Sow:BoB (Storm of War:Battle of Britain).

...or, if you prefer more relaxed flying-conditions, Rise Of Flight (still in development).
http://www.riseofflight.com/en/index.html

------------------------
1946 UBI forums
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/25910613

1C (developer) forum
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98

AAA - All Aircraft Acade - Beautiful Unofficial Mods for 1946
http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/v...days=0&start=0
Quote from yoyoML :I've been with Il2 since its first demo, but this WW1 sim really catches my eye. The blog's in Russian so... What's the release date?

Click on the English top left...
Quote from Ripley :Watch out for its (sooner or later) upcoming sequel, Sow:BoB (Storm of War:Battle of Britain).

I haven't checked the IL2 forums for a while but last check there were constant complaints about the slow development of SOW. Sound familiar??
Some people in fact thought that development had been abandoned but that Oleg (the developer) was refusing to admit to it.

I hope it turns out though, because the IL2 games are easily the best combat flight sims I have played. A great community and a dedicated dev in for the long term.

The LFS of combat flight sims.
Got this game after seeing a video of it on youtube and was addicted. Was'nt ready for the dificultly level though, and it took me a while to get things down. Never really got online though, something I meant to do but never got around to doing. Mayber tonight
Yep, IL-2 is a fantastic sim. And with the constant stream of mods it's almost as if there's no need for SOW. Just check some of these screenies: (from this thread)
Attached images
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
I've seen some videos of IL2 and always thought it looked really good. I don't think I'd have the time to put into it at the same time I'm playing LFS though. If I ever needed to take an LFS break though, I think IL2 would be the way to go.
Is it a hardcore(ish) sim?

Can you fly it with a controller? I don't have a stick

Cost?

Been meaning to play a combat flight sim for a while for something new to do...
#9 - 5haz
The difficulty level is highly adjustable, so its not too hardcore if you don't want it to be.

Yeah you can fly it with keys.

Price varies, but DO NOT BUY OFF STEAM! They don't update the game and they use a modified .exe file which means that the various online lobby systems available wont recognise the game, and it's a pain to sort it out.
Quote from 5haz :The difficulty level is highly adjustable, so its not too hardcore if you don't want it to be.

Yeah you can fly it with keys.

Price varies, but DO NOT BUY OFF STEAM! They don't update the game and they use a modified .exe file which means that the various online lobby systems available wont recognise the game, and it's a pain to sort it out.

Superb, and duly noted

I'll go poke about online. And see if I have any pennies to spare
When will it be released? I'd love to get some real flying sim.. I've been waiting for one since B17
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :When will it be released? I'd love to get some real flying sim.. I've been waiting for one since B17

You mean IL2 1946? It's already released!
Quote from yoyoML :You mean IL2 1946? It's already released!

really lol? where to download

ah i meant rise of flight
I have IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles, and it's great! It's the only flight sim I have, though (apart from Google Earth :razz, so I can't compare it.

I don't play on it enough to make it worth buying a newer version, though.

Inb4 torrent! No, I'm not going to.
ha I remember flying this game 4-5 years ago. Fun game, fun game.

I have a Saitek ST290 pro I bought from wal-mart for 20 bucks!

Still runs great!
love that game
Used to play it all the time, and the water in that game is great for its time. I use a Saitek X52. Can't wait for those other two to come out!
I love 1946, but whenever I play online, it doesn't matter what plane is chasing me, they will get me and blow me into pieces. Even if i am in the BI-1 and they are in a Fiat or something, I will always lose.
Great game!
Played it on an off since 2001 with every new release, but didn't get serious and into online play till 1946. (Before that I had Blueflame's problem of not surviving more than 3minutes online, which can be very discouraging :chairs: )
With 1946 I discovered the Warbirds Of Prey community and finally learnt to fly thanks to loads of tips on teamspeak and good pilots taking me on as their wingman.
They hold two weekly bombernights (one US ,one EU timezone) which are incredibly fun, check some of the movies here :
http://www.bestwebs4less.com/w ... p;file=viewforum&f=23

Haven't played for a few months now, but would def be up for a few coops or dogfights with the LFS-community.
hey maybe yoy know me im raaaid at the ubizoo
Quote from BlueFlame :I love 1946, but whenever I play online, it doesn't matter what plane is chasing me, they will get me and blow me into pieces. Even if i am in the BI-1 and they are in a Fiat or something, I will always lose.

I find this with most online games - I just haven't got the patience to play for months getting blown to peices every 10 seconds until I get good enough to have a round I actually find fun.

Racing games are the nice exception as you can still have a good fight further down the grid and let the aliens get on with it up at the front amongst themselves.
Well, call me ignorant and stupid but I honestly think there are a few cheaters online with IL-2, I mean, you can be climbing vertically in a jet(BI-1 [the fastest plane on the game])and still get shot down by someone in a stalled Bf-110 for christ sake. I do understand clearly I mustn't be of a good enough level to compete with these people, but sometimes you just wonder... :P
Great game Il1946, played it a lot online some time ago. There still is a thriving scene with ongoing online campaigns.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, call me ignorant and stupid but I honestly think there are a few cheaters online with IL-2, I mean, you can be climbing vertically in a jet(BI-1 [the fastest plane on the game])and still get shot down by someone in a stalled Bf-110 for christ sake. I do understand clearly I mustn't be of a good enough level to compete with these people, but sometimes you just wonder... :P

Cheats are a problem on some of the server that allow mods. I'm not sure about the details, but apparently it's difficult for the server to discern between "good" and "bad" (i.e. cheat) mods. The 4.08 servers are mostly clean from what I've heard. Granted, I've never really gotten into online play. Still waiting for my new joystick to arrive!
I think finding a group of players and joining a private server is probobly the best option, cos then you can trust your friends and you're not left thinking "WTF!?" you just accept that they are a better pilot than yourself.

IL2-Sturmovik 1946
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG