The online racing simulator
Do you like Airline food? This guy doesn't.
(26 posts, started )
#1 - samjh
lmao
Quote : It appears to be in an evidence bag from the scene of a crime. A CRIME AGAINST BLOODY COOKING.

lol..... dude, its a plane, dont expect a mega kitchen with everything you dont need... it plane is this wide |--| not this wide |-----------------|
Quote from chavm481 :lol..... dude, its a plane, dont expect a mega kitchen with everything you dont need... it plane is this wide |--| not this wide |-----------------|

Is a "-" a dimensionless unit?
yes, it is simply a scaled expample.
I have never travveled with airplane before, but is the food _that_ bad?
I mean, you canot expect to get a full sized cooked meal, it's a airplane afterall
Quote : "It’s your hamster Richard. It’s your hamster in the box and it’s not breathing."

Quality!

I must say the whole story sounds like something that fictional radio presenter alan partridge would come out with.
#8 - samjh
Quote from The Very End :I have never travveled with airplane before, but is the food _that_ bad?
I mean, you canot expect to get a full sized cooked meal, it's a airplane afterall

I've travelled on planes a lot, and no, the food isn't usually that bad. The only truly bad thing I've tasted was fish. I've seen some weird chicken stuff too. But usually they're edible and reasonably tasty.

Most of the lunch and dinner main course dishes are literally frozen stuff they've warmed in a heater. Breakfasts are usually pretty good (usually just milk and cereal, with some yoghurt or fruit juice). Lunch and dinner entree and desserts are pretty good too.

Honestly, the pictures in the article I linked look really bad, even for airline food. I'd think thrice before touching the stuff, let alone eating them.
But what about if you take with you some pieces of bread on the plane then? Is it allowed or are there rules against that? If not, just eat candy then, problem solved
all the fod I've had on airlines has been good. I usually fly with Monarch when going to Menorca and although I don't usually opt for the cooked breakfast any more they have a cereal option which is a portion-sized box of proper Kellogg's cornflakes

All the lunch stuff I've had flying back has been good too. I'll be flying with Qantas this year so I hope their food is nice
Quote from mookie427 :..... I'll be flying with Qantas this year so I hope their food is nice

Hope you like barbecued kangaroo!

I was looking for he name of the author, and expected to see: "Mr J. Cleese" or "Mr M. Python"... especially after the dead hamster reference!
Quote from mookie427 :All the lunch stuff I've had flying back has been good too. I'll be flying with Qantas this year so I hope their food is nice

Qantas is good, but I've only flown them domestically. I'm not sure what their food on international flights are like.
I've travelled by plane a few times and the food's never been that bad. Our meal when we flew Delta (both directions) was actually pretty nice. Looked and tasted like real food, even if the portions were a little stingy. And the little brownie/cake thing we got on the way out was soft, moist and chocolatey.

It's a funny letter though
#14 - 5haz

British Airways soggy cheese and ham rolls are the best.
I flew with Virgin to Aus, spent about 50 hours on the plane, and had, I think, about 6 or 8 meals, I actually thought the food was pretty good.

I got some pretty kick ass chinese food, I guess due to the Hong Kong stop over, but the food was always hot, they had choice and there was plenty of it.

I wonder if the quality is dependant on the route?
lol the best thing on a plane is the DRINKS lol nothing like geting wasted on a plan
Quote from MAD3.0LT :lol the best thing on a plane is the DRINKS lol nothing like geting wasted on a plan

Couple of Diazapam normal sorts me out for the middle bit of the flight
It's all prepared by 3rd party contractors at the airports (some bigger airports have more than 1 contractor locally) and is distinguished more by the place you fly from than the airline. Naturally the contractor will offer each airline a meal based on what they are paying, but it's not going to make a huge difference to fly with a different airline and nor will standards hold true if you fly with the same airline from different places.
That complaint sounded like something Funnybear would write.
I flew with Indian carrier Jet Airlines between Mumbai and Heathrow and the food was absolutely fantastic. Better than I've had in some Indian restaurants. Plus the fact that it's served to you by hot Indian Stewardesses made it even better.
When I went to florida with virgin atlantic there was burgers on the menu so guess what I had.
In my experience the food you get on a plane is souced from the country of departure, so for example if Indian food isn't you're thing and you're on your way back from a holiday in India then be prepared for a nightmare meal.

Of course just how good the food you get will be is very much dependant on who the airline chooses to use for their food contracts in each country and how much they're prepared to pay.

On a side note. Don't ever eat airline food in an unpressurised environment. Your sense of taste is altered by the cabin presure so the food is usually heavily seasoned for use in the air and will probably taste quite bad down on the ground.
Quote from MAD3.0LT :lol the best thing on a plane is the DRINKS lol nothing like geting wasted on a plan

For sure, when I flew cross country, near the canadian border to near the Mexico border, (amost 7 hours non stop, short for some, pretty long for me and being night there was nothing to do) I got off the plane with an awful good buzz from all the beer I had been drinking.

I swear it, if they didn't serve alchohol on long flights, some of us would have nothing to do!
:drink:
Quote from gezmoor :In my experience the food you get on a plane is souced from the country of departure, so for example if Indian food isn't you're thing and you're on your way back from a holiday in India then be prepared for a nightmare meal.

WHAT ?!?

I flew with Thomas Cook to Cyprus & all I had was Bangers & Mash !

Got to admit, I'd be a little worried recieving a cookie in a re-sealable bag !
the food is great actually i flew first class from JFK-TLV and it was amazing ice cream sundaes and i had some filet mignion mmm i can still taste it

but still in first class the food was very bad coming from Tel aviv the salmon was almost inedible so i just stuck with the cheese and fruit plate

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG