The online racing simulator
Do you pick the less popular cars on purpose?
Just wondering if any of you do this like me. I was thinking about it today and thought how even in GPL I used to pick the Honda or BRM quite often because it seemed like all you ever saw were Lotus and Ferrari.

And I like the thought that if I win it would not be just because I picked the fastest car in the class like everyone else.

You do this too?
#2 - 5haz
Yup.

Everyone likes an underdog.
Yep, then I have something else apart from my driving to blaim for being so slow
Yes, because I love the slower cars.
#5 - DeKo
i suppose so, if i ever go on oval junkies (The FZR and XRR server), im often the only XRR in the field. also pick the LX cars as often as i can on a multi-car server.
im currently trying cars on tracks i normally wouldnt ( i.e xrg on aston rev )

and since, lfs has become Fresh again.
Quote from sgt-KiLL :oooh it became Fresh again oooh oooh

Your avatar disturbs me.

I will pick any car, it reflects my mood.
#9 - Bean0
Sometimes the most fun can be had in the unpopular cars.

The Road Sport Cup series use RAC and FZ50, provide excellent racing and tend to attract a really good quality field.

The LXs are the same, whenever there is an organised event you end up with the same crowd most of the time, and the racing is second to none.

The LX4 is probably the most balanced car in the game as far as power/weight goes, and can make for some very entertaining nights of races.
servers that i usually go ( like ctra race 1 ) i always choose the XRG because i find it more rewarding than the XFG.... and if i have a good setup i just fly away in the straights and they never catch me back...
Quote from el pibe :servers that i usually go ( like ctra race 1 ) i always choose the XRG because i find it more rewarding than the XFG.... and if i have a good setup i just fly away in the straights and they never catch me back...

Same here. I find the XRG a little more of a challenge to drive. I usually end up in the back of the field (not the car's fault), but when i put in a great lap, it feels really good.
I often drive the less driven cars, but that's just because I love them! The RAC is such a joy to drive if you have a decent setup. And I would never drive the steamtrain (FXO) if I can drive the XRT instead.
I am not sure, but I prefer driving the S1 cars instead of the S2 cars. Seems that I just sucks in the formula cars and the GTR cars, oh wait, I forgot, I suck in any car so I don't know why I chose S1 cars servers
at least on fzr servers i was very often the only one not in an lx6 and chose to lose badly in me fz5 since most tracks favour the lx6
Seems like I am in same boat as you, but this is in TBO races. Most people do FXO, others RB4 and the last ones XRT. I know XRT is equally fast as the others, but it's harder to drive really fast in, but I like the car so I rather lose with much than having to drive with the borring, ugly and unballanced FXO

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG