The online racing simulator

Poll : Please choose your favorite!

spdoRacing
XFusion
F1RST Racing
Mercury Racing Team
My3id Gaming
mb-racing.org
Masters of Endurance: 24 Hour Race Skin Contest (GT1)

NOTES:

These representative screenshots have been made by me in the CMX viewer. I've attempted to choose the most suitable color for the rims for each given skin. Apologies to the teams if the color is not what they had in mind.

We did not use renders because there was not enough time to get all the skins rendered by the same person, with the same settings, and because renders are not a true representation of how a skin looks in-game.

Teams should not post renders in this thread.

All entries have four representative screenshots except the spdoRacing entry, which is asymmetrical and thus required two side shots. The full skins are attached to the post. We recommend that voters download them and look at them in the CMX viewer rather than relying upon my screenshots.

Thanks for looking, and happy voting!

GT1 Entries:

Mercury Racing Team (by Paul "PaulC2K" Chapman and Al Heeley)
Top view
Front view
Rear view
Side view

F1RST Racing (by Teemu "Teaz-R" Vedenoja)
Top view
Front view
Rear view
Side view

My3id Gaming (by Zafar "r4ptor" Iqbal, Jack "v1rg0" Basford, and Dave "DaveWS" Williams)
Top view
Front view
Rear view
Side view

spdoRacing (by Ryan "MAGGOT" Day)
Top view
Front view
Rear view
Right side view
Left side view

mb-racing.org (by mb-racing.org team)
Top view
Front view
Rear view
Side view

XFusion (by Michael "Vilante11" Anderson)
Top view
Front view
Rear view
Side view
Attached images
FZR_3id08bMoE24h09.jpg
FZR_M_MoE4-4a.jpg
FZR_spdoMOEgt1.jpg
FZR_MoE_#7_24h09.jpg
FZR_XFusionMOE24h1.jpg
FZR_F1RST_DN_09.jpg
voting will close at 12:00 utc, saturday the 24th
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69
F1RST only has 4 votes? I was expecting them to lead comfortably. :Eyecrazy:
I voted for Ryan (spdoracing). Easily the best design there.
spdo
Voted spdo.
Definitely spdo.. what a fantastic design! That top view is just.. wowow!
#8 - RiGun
The spdo skin is beautiful, a really good use of asymmetric design.
Really cool idea to have this contest, thanks to all the skinners for giving us something to drool over!

Good job on providing standard pictures of all the skins as well without any renders, certainly a good thing.

And thanks to Ryan, he totally surprised us with this .
Quote from traxxion :Definitely spdo.. what a fantastic design! That top view is just.. wowow!

Ye, I have to agree. Very nice.
Since I cant vote Merc skin I gotta pick Spdo. None of the skins were that special though, I thought Id see something spectacular this time. All of them nice skins though =)
Really hard to choose, I liked 3id's skin because of the colours and the design looked really nice, but spdo's was more technically difficult, although I didn't like the colours on it, so I had to vote for XFusion. Their skin combines a cool design, nice colours, technical difficulty and a cool theme, great work.
I voted for spdo, although I don't like colors, it's easily the best design there, as said above. But all skins are very nice.
I voted Mercury on this one, I've always loved their skins. A lot of great entries, though

Quote from joshdifabio :Really cool idea to have this contest, thanks to all the skinners for giving us something to drool over!

Good job on providing standard pictures of all the skins as well without any renders, certainly a good thing.

And thanks to Ryan, he totally surprised us with this .

I'm glad you guys liked it

Thanks for all the comments, guys.
#15 - AMB
Voted XFusion.
Seems I'll have to step it up next time

I vote for Ryan's spdo skin, superb skin!!
Ive gone with MB's, not the most technical by a long shot, and even though the skin ive done for Merc falls into the catagory (I prefer the normal design), im not a huge fan of novelty skins. I've always prefered the look of something that i think would fit in perfectly on the race track in any RL series.
MB's is the only one IMO which i can say looks like something i'd see at the race track, no OTT arty-farty stuff on there, just a nice clean RACING design.

Plenty of really nice skins in there though, just too far into a 'fantasy' catagory for my liking, like Honda and their Earth Dream design, its nice, but not a racing design IMO (and i include my own in that, its a novelty design for a 1-off race).

Have to say though, I wouldnt have thought the spdo skins would have been accepted into the series as they are, seeing as they're at least 80% identical, and even the 20% difference is farly marginal (Deep red vs Deep Orange, thats what, 8-10% less red?) unless your looking at it side on from the right. I guess it has the GT2 plate on the GT2 car, but i guess i wouldnt have thought to submitted something i thought was that similar. Not suggesting it shouldnt be allowed, just wouldnt have thought to do so myself as i'd expect it to be considered too similar.
My vote goes to XFusion (by Michael "Vilante11" Anderson), but i don't like the green wheels.
The winners of the competitions have already been announced on the broadcast stream but we'd like to confirm the winners here too. The very striking spdoRacing skin takes the prize in GT1. Thanks to all the teams for their entries and for all the voters
-
(Gerdoner) DELETED by Gerdoner : wrong topic :S
Congrats Maggot, like I said elsewhere it's a superb skin, well deserved.

Well done to all for some great skins and thanks to everyone that voted for me!!
Thanks to everyone for the votes, I'm honored

Great entries by everyone!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG