The online racing simulator
Dodge and Fiat Form Alliance
(51 posts, started )
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Hope you don't mean me, I never had a punto =)

I think the viper engine is about the same size as a full punto =)

I think they both will improve with the alliance. Fiat needed doors into America and Chrysler needs the engineering work done with the small cars. Chrysler also needs the worldwide distribution outside the US.

Potentially, if the managers work together, they can create two of the strongest automotive companies out there. They both now will have the path, they just need to make something that people will really enjoy and afford, which I think between the two of them they can.

DOH it was chris redman i was thinking of lol

lol soz chris

dont take alot to confuse me and 2 chris' into cars confuses me lol
=) Thought that is who you were thinking of, no worries =) Redman has a VX220 now, supposedly he was getting a supercharger for it too.
#28 - SamH
Quote from AjRose :Sweet, Chrysler is on its way to destroying another company with horrible designs..

Fiat already beat them to it. Looking at this, the alliance begins to make perfect sense
lol the multipla was the most stupid piece of design work and the idea of 3 seats at the front just didnt work in a car that size so it made it look even worse, and even the new one looks awful
Quote from SamH :Fiat already beat them to it. Looking at this, the alliance begins to make perfect sense

Don't be dissing the Multipla. We had one for a while and it was a really nice car. So what it's ugly, would you disown your children if they were ugly?
................but chrysler, so that means also Jeep will be half fiat

:faint:
How about we get Jeremy Clarkson to put a Viper engine in James May's Panda. And film it. Now THAT would be funny.
Quote from SamH :Fiat already beat them to it. Looking at this, the alliance begins to make perfect sense

I'll see you..

And raise you..

Whats wrong with those two cars?
well i think they do not look very good like the multipla
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Whats wrong with those two cars?

i have driven my mums pt cruser hard to and it is the worst car i have ever driven. it never feels like its in gear or that the weels touch the groung and the stering feels like its not attaced
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh now that's funny. Viper engined Punto anyone?

hmmm... that would probably make your stomach fly out of your body . Now that would feel weird! Still, why Chrysler?
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Still, why Chrysler?

Because both Ford and GM have been running their own branches in Europe for decades already?

If they need know-how or technology they just raise their phone and call the german cousins. OTOH Chrysler and Daimler (Mercedes) had tried a merger some years ago but after its demise they split off to individual companies again.

To add insult to injury most cars Chrysler tried to sell in Europe are or were ugly, with the possible exception of the Voyager and the Jeeps. The current 300 really strikes me every time I see it, its looks are what I'd call insulting for lack of a better word.
What about a Punto engined Viper ? :smash3d:
Quote from G!NhO :What about a Viper engined Fiat 500

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Wouldn't physically fit.

I would IMO, you would just have to sit on the engine block, and get your arse roasted :P
Quote from G!NhO : already said

Ah, but you mentioned a seat. I think pacesetter gets more pleasure bare-back.
Well.. Fiat owns Ferrari and Maserati.. Dodge probably wouldn't effect them..
Nah, the bulk of the deal is so Fiat can have distribution in the States while propping Chrysler up.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Nah, the bulk of the deal is so Fiat can have distribution in the States while propping Chrysler up.

then bending dodge over and f****** it up ??
Lancia haven't made a car for over 30 years. Certainly not one that wouldn't kill Vincenzo.

I liked the Multipla - it might have been a bit ugly, but at least it was brave, very good at what it was designed for, and surprisingly well build so I gather.

The last two Punto models have, by all accounts, been cracking little cars (as cracking as a little Italian FWD car can be - which is quite a lot), but before that they weren't much to shout about.

But as much as FIAT have spent the last few decades producing shit cars and running out of money, you have to admit that nobody in the US is doing any better. Turns out the weak can conquer the weaker.

Dodge and Fiat Form Alliance
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG