The online racing simulator
Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
Last update, program starts but i cant run it on Singleplayer. Havnt tryed multiplayer, maybe i need to set right port for LFS but i dont know ... what is the right port? I used 4000 and tryed 63392.
Quote from hazaky :Last update, program starts but i cant run it on Singleplayer. Havnt tryed multiplayer, maybe i need to set right port for LFS but i dont know ... what is the right port? I used 4000 and tryed 63392.

For example:

In CFG.TXT:

Outgauge port 4000

In VLFSDash set port on 4000

Choose a port between 100 - 65000..
-
(Erazotropa) DELETED by Erazotropa
The prog itself works fine , the only thing is that the rpm and speed meters lag
Quote from W1ldPort75 :The prog itself works fine , the only thing is that the rpm and speed meters lag

Strange

On all my pc's it's running at Realtime speed.. no lag..
Even some older pc's wich can barely run lfs...

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=anAKnaPKj5w
Nice vid Erazo , ok i guess i will try it later or install it over again
Quote from Erazotropa :
Hi,

Yes I know.. i wass figuring out what the best would be..

I Dont know if some cars have different Min/Max temperatures.. so I did not spend too much time on that..
I will just wait when this data is available..

In next update I will make it more realistic

Thanx for the comment.

No problemo, just thought it'd be helpful.

Although, if you're wondering, most normal cars run at between 75 and 90 degrees, depending on individual cars and factors, including speed, engine load, humidity. But as a rule of thumb, around 80-85 degrees is "normal". Most engine temperature guages which have numbers normally start at between 50-70 on the coldest part, with 85ish in the middle and 110 as the hottest part. Engine cooling systems are pressurized so can go over 100degrees without boiling, but only by 10 degrees or so. It's very rare an engine will exceed 100 degrees though, even in solid traffic.

(FWIW the highest temperature I've ever seen from an engine is 104 degrees shown on the digi-guage of my bike. There was no steam or boiling from the cooling system. However, it was only at this temperature for a few moments, as the fan kicked in and brought it back down to 95ish, where it'd vary between)

</words>
Wonderful !
The Best and Wonderful thing since the invention of the wheel (3500 years before J.C) ! ! !
Quote from S14 DRIFT :. It's very rare an engine will exceed 100 degrees though, even in solid traffic.

My dads Jeep sometimes goes over it, when towing the boat through the Alps and then overtaking a Truck it gets 109 degrees
Dashboard
Quote from silverfox1973 :Hi,
any chance to connect this dash to other sims like rFactor and SimBin sims?
Here in an example of motec that works on others too: http://kurenai.main.jp/gtinfo/inf8/inf8.cgi

I can't wait for next update!

No, I dont think I will implement compatibility for other sims..

I want to focus on LFS only, just to make a good app..

A little maybe in the future..
Very very cool. I just need to know where to get a 8" monitor from? Anybody UK based know?
You don't have to have an 8" monitor, any will do. 17" next to a 22" works quite nice :-)
New update!, version 0.1.9.. see first post..
Quote from Lathafummi :Very very cool. I just need to know where to get a 8" monitor from? Anybody UK based know?

Try ebay.
BTW,

Here you can see how I use VLFSDash..

nice shift lights!

but can you add somethign so we can edit the colors?
Quote from Lathafummi :Very very cool. I just need to know where to get a 8" monitor from? Anybody UK based know?

Got mine from B-Billion: http://www.b-billion.comI have now a 10.4inch on order...

Too bad that there are no 12" 16:10 TFT's
That would made a real nice wide Dash
Quote from G!NhO :nice shift lights!

but can you add somethign so we can edit the colors?

I will try to make color schemes.. No color editor..

If you have a scheme you would like to see. please take the screenshot and use paint to color it in.. and send it to me.. so i can try to make a scheme..
I would like these colors

the car name is just very light grey
Attached images
Colors.jpg
@W1ldPort75

I think it would work!

It is a "normal" small Display and could be connected at every Computer.

You only need a 2nd free port on your Videocard. The most modern Videocards only have 2 DVI ports - so you also might need an adapter which is about 3 Eur...

@Erazotropa

Are you using the Tripple Head on one port on your Videocard and your 8´´ on the other or do you have 2 Videocards installed?

How did you manage to run LFS over 3 Displays?
Quote from Crady :@W1ldPort75

@Erazotropa

Are you using the Tripple Head on one port on your Videocard and your 8´´ on the other or do you have 2 Videocards installed?

How did you manage to run LFS over 3 Displays?

I am using the Matrox TrippleHead2Go Digital in combination with a HD4870 GPU wich has 2 DVI outputs..
On the secondary output I have the 8" connected..
Works amazing!
Woohoo on my way to MediaMarkt right now to get me one:bananalla , the price is nice , im not about to spend no 180 euros for a small 8 inch touch screen
Quote from Erazotropa :I am using the Matrox TrippleHead2Go Digital in combination with a HD4870 GPU wich has 2 DVI outputs..
On the secondary output I have the 8" connected..
Works amazing!

can you please post a picture of your setup
This thread is closed

Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG