The online racing simulator
Quote from Doorman :Well done

just been around the lastplacelake track, thats incredibly good fun drifting the ff's around, especially the chicanes and twisty s bend sections. i'm only using the default setups atm, so could probably improve my times!!
Well, it's been my 2nd evening using the multiplayer and it's really really nice when you forget all apart from the driving itself.

I know nkp is meant to be a hardcore sim, but some basic stuff like blue flags (not even mentioning a fuel display) would be hell of a help. Or that the screen wouldn't go totally blank when it's loading a car (while standing still, but it's annoying). It's all those small things that really make a difference.

But I'll wait and see for the next patch (whenever that is ), but at the moment it's not worth the money for me.
Quote from three_jump :Well, it's been my 2nd evening using the multiplayer and it's really really nice when you forget all apart from the driving itself.

I know nkp is meant to be a hardcore sim, but some basic stuff like blue flags (not even mentioning a fuel display) would be hell of a help. Or that the screen wouldn't go totally blank when it's loading a car (while standing still, but it's annoying). It's all those small things that really make a difference.

But I'll wait and see for the next patch (whenever that is ), but at the moment it's not worth the money for me.

Fuel is located bottom left of the dash board. I'm sure it's in the manual
Quote from Doorman :Fuel is located bottom left of the dash board. I'm sure it's in the manual

really?
Quote from three_jump :really?

I just trawled through it and it isn't mentioned specifically but it comes under the AIM configuration. You can put whatever info wherever you like. As default fuel is bottom left, last lap is bottom right. Dig around, you're a bright chap.
Quote from Mattesa :Starts here: http://forum.racesimcentral.co ... d.php?t=332876&page=8

I also share his sentiments on sim building: http://geocities.com/n_heusink ... ysics/physicsthoughts.htm

Makes me want to try his mods...

Although I'm not a 'fan' or NKP, and I despide iRacing, I follow the threads on here about them with caution.

I read through the post(s) on RSC and have to say, he does have a point.

Especially with this :
Quote :Another dowside is how 'serious' it is

That's what I like about LFS, people race to win, but we also have fun and enjoy ourselfs. Something I don't imagine happens on iRacing.
Quote from thisnameistaken :But generally yeah I agree with you, the driving feel wasn't much fun.

I feel validated.

Marginally.
Quote from Mattesa :I feel validated.

You should. They sort-of democratically elected me to be in charge of the forums about this time last year, so I speak for the majority.

The other thing that pissed me off about iRacing is the way you sit around for two hours waiting for a race to happen, then start it via your browser (of all places), finally get stuck on a grid with a bunch of other people you've never spoken to - let alone raced - before, and wherever you come in the results it's pretty much meaningless.

I'd much rather have a race in LFS against, say, Blackout, Danowat, th84, Speedgay, Zeugnimod, Doorman, etc. and at least have bragging rights to show for it if I miraculously beat somebody.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'd much rather have a race in LFS against, say, Blackout, Danowat, th84, Speedgay, Zeugnimod, Doorman, etc. and at least have bragging rights to show for it if I miraculously beat somebody.

Here's a crazy idea: You could put a screenshot of the result in your avatar.
Quote from zeugnimod :Here's a crazy idea: You could put a screenshot of the result in your avatar.

Oh come on I only did that once.

OK twice.
Quote from tristancliffe :If I want to play nKP - a game that includes a server browser - then why should I have to fire up my web browser

better get used to it since from what kunos posted lfs will soon be the last and only sim worth mentioning with a gui that isnt some browser rubbish
still ain't shining on me.

the FF feels like I am driving one of these -
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
That's what I like about LFS, people race to win, but we also have fun and enjoy ourselfs. Something I don't imagine happens on iRacing.

Whats wrong with you? Don`t you think I have fun and enjoying my self in iRacing? Maybe you don`t like it and thats ok, but you for sure sounds a little bit stupid with comments like that!
It's too serious.. I'm sure you have fun but it's just too serious. ><
I downloaded this game yesterday and cant get it working. When im choosing a session and hit race either nothing at all comes up, or it says "d3dx9_38.dll" file is missing or something around that. I downloaded the file and put it in the windows/system folder and still nothing worked. Could anyone help me on this?

cheers!
maybe you need to update your direct x?
Ok, how can i do that? I tried the Direct X installation that came with the setup but i need a internet connection. I dont have a connection on my computer at the moment. Im using my sisters computer next door.
Quote from aoun :Ok, how can i do that? I tried the Direct X installation that came with the setup but i need a internet connection. I dont have a connection on my computer at the moment. Im using my sisters computer next door.

maybe take your PC next door for a few minutes, connect and update all you need to might be a good plan.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Monaco in the Ftarget is crazy!
No it isn't.

It's keeeerazay!
Quote from StableX :Monaco in the Ftarget is crazy!

You mean you actually did make a whole lap?
Ah you must be improving mate!
Quote from Gills4life :Ah you must be improving mate!

true, but my bench mark time by moose hasn't been done yet so I'm waiting to see how much slower (or faster:razzI am to his time. I presume it's a him

The stag might be a DOH!!!
Quote from StableX :true, but my bench mark time by moose hasn't been done yet so I'm waiting to see how much slower (or faster:razzI am to his time. I presume it's a him

StableX 1.37.872

Moose 1.33.798

I'm certainly a him, but looking at your time I'm wondering if your a big girl?

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG