The online racing simulator
Purple & Green banding?
(18 posts, started )
Purple & Green banding?
I have just installed a new monitor & did a quick test in LFS & i get this strange purple & green banding in the middle of the track.

Is this a LFS problem or have I just bought a crap monitor?
Attached images
banding.JPG
As I can't seem to spot this banding you mention I'd go with option B.
I'm on my EEEpc right now, and i can see some purple stuff in your tire marks, but no green whatsoever, but maybe i'm loking in the wrong place..

never really noticed any purple hue before, but probably just driviin too fast to notice
I think I can make the banding out, allthough very faintly. Might help if you marked it a tad.
Is the banding a purple and a green bar following the road?

Either way, try updating your GFX drivers, your monitor drivers and make a fresh install of LfS to see if the problem persists before blaiming your monitor.
Not your monitor, I can see it.

Strange. Had a look at that corner but I can't see that effect, maybe it's because of the tyre marks (I didn't drive, just Shift+U'd).
Try to set your screen colours to 32bit.
Hrm - OK, now I too noticed the skidmarks being rather too colourful, I was looking towards the tyrestack at the chicane. Are the skidmarks what you mean?
#9 - G!NhO
its just that you have a crappy graphics card and everything is on low settings
Quote from ColeusRattus :I think I can make the banding out, allthough very faintly. Might help if you marked it a tad.
Is the banding a purple and a green bar following the road?

Yes thats it on the racing line.
Quote from Flame CZE :Try to set your screen colours to 32bit.

Tried that already no change.

Quote from xaotik :Hrm - OK, now I too noticed the skidmarks being rather too colourful, I was looking towards the tyrestack at the chicane. Are the skidmarks what you mean?

Yep in the middle of the road.
Quote from anttt69 :Yes thats it on the racing line.

Tried that already no change.

Yep in the middle of the road.

What card are you using? Does it have a quality vs performance setting in the graphics options? Try to change it to more quality. Also make sure that you've not set any of the other options (like anisotropic and texture filtering) so they are forced to the lowest values. All of those should be in the 3d settings of your graphics card (not in LFS).
9800GT & it does it
lol i got a 9800 gt and im quite susprised u noticed that when im comming up to a cnr last place im looking is tyre marks on the ground
THEY ARE GROVE AND BALLASSS!!!111111oneone

You have 16 bit color or low resolution textures.
32 bit mode did not solve the problem Shadowwww, did you read the whole thread?
at least you can rest assured that it's not your monitor. Did you install anything with it? Maybe some sort of color calibration software or just something that could have changed the colors slightly, but intentionally?
Quote from MAD3.0LT :lol i got a 9800 gt and im quite susprised u noticed that when im comming up to a cnr last place im looking is tyre marks on the ground

I have the view on wheels view so thats almost all I can see, the ground & track in front.

Quote from CasseBent : Did you install anything with it? Maybe some sort of color calibration software or just something that could have changed the colors slightly, but intentionally?

Nope just changed my monitor & plugged it in. XP recognises the brand & model number of the new monitor so its not like its using an emergency driver or anything. I think i will try a different set of drivers.

Purple & Green banding?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG