The online racing simulator
Best excuse to being late for work?
(78 posts, started )
My best one so far has been that my car broke down, its my best one because i've used it once a month LOL

They must think my cars a piece of crap (never broken down once)

Whats your best excuse
#2 - AMB
Got Killed.
Quote from AMB :Got Killed.

LOL how is this mentioned to them?

"hi boss, I got killed earlier today so I won't be in, see you on monday" LOL
Sorry, a hamster got stuck under my accelerator pedal.

Or :

Sorry, the train crashed before I could get on it
Better yet, my accelerator pedal fell off lol.
Couple ninjas ambushed me on the way to the car, had to fight them off with a garden hose and some toothpaste till they finally were defeated after NINE HOURS of constant fighting...
Quote from SidiousX :Couple ninjas ambushed me on the way to the car, had to fight them off with a garden hose and some toothpaste till they finally were defeated after NINE HOURS of constant fighting...

Hah! That's a good one.
I wont be in today. I'm...... pregnant.
"I'm sick of your job and won't come back"

Only "excuse" I ever needed as I either go to work or am too sick in which case a doctor provides a written excuse
I was stuck in traffic...

???
'' I'm gunna be a bit late to work boss, it was a long night with your daughter. Need some sleep.''
Me: Hello, sir. Sorry I can't make it to work today I have a terrible chest infection *cough cough splutter*.
Boss: Ok, take is easy and I hope you feel better tomorrow morning.

5 minutes later ...

*ring ring*

Me: Hello? .......
Boss: Hi it's me again I was just calling to ... hey your voice is not as croaky as before.
Me: ..... Sorry I can't come to the phone right now, please leave a message after the tone ..... tone.

:hide:
ME - "well you see i was walking into work when suddenly a black van screeched to a halt in front of me...nothing strange I grant you considering the area of town I was in, but 5 burley men in black suits jumped out and while speaking about some kind of 'bird in the nest' bundled me into the van. Confused i asked what this was all about but all i was told was to "SHUT UP SPARROW" wish I thought was the codename from the little boy spy in the Simpsons but what do i know. Anyway long story short, after some genital torture which left me in a fair amount of pain (and confusingly a bit of arousal also) they let me out at the same place that they picked me up and that was that"

BOSS - "Slept in again?"

ME - "I'll work an hour latter to make up boss"
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :ME - "well you see i was walking into work when suddenly a black van screeched to a halt in front of me...nothing strange I grant you considering the area of town I was in, but 5 burley men in black suits jumped out and while speaking about some kind of 'bird in the nest' bundled me into the van. Confused i asked what this was all about but all i was told was to "SHUT UP SPARROW" wish I thought was the codename from the little boy spy in the Simpsons but what do i know. Anyway long story short, after some genital torture which left me in a fair amount of pain (and confusingly a bit of arousal also) they let me out at the same place that they picked me up and that was that"

BOSS - "Slept in again?"

You sir, have been awarded one internets.
the flying monkeys stoll my car mirrors.
Quote from polepositiondriver :My best one so far has been that my car broke down, its my best one because i've used it once a month LOL

They must think my cars a piece of crap (never broken down once)

Whats your best excuse

Technically, I would be fired in March if I used that every month. Can only be late 3 times. Though, I'm a bit more special than the normal production crew and I can make my own hours within reason.
Quote from polepositiondriver :LOL how is this mentioned to them?

"hi boss, I got killed earlier today so I won't be in, see you on monday" LOL

This one indeed almost happened to me. I arrived at work when one of the maintenance guys yelled from down the aisle way, "Hey! What are you doing here, you're dead!"

It was on the morning news, 'Mike Rodgers crashed his car and was killed last night while traveling at a high rate of speed....' Only it was a 19 year old rather than a 35 year old like I was at the time.

Me, I just either show up late or I email my coworker (there's only 2 of us, coincidentally, both with the last name Rodgers) just to let him know if I am not coming into work.

I couldn't call my boss to tell him I was going to be late anyways. He'd probably not appreciate me waking him up, hehe.
why was i late ??

why where you early.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :after some genital torture which left me in a fair amount of pain (and confusingly a bit of arousal also)

I don't think I've ever called off work dishonestly. I have on a couple of occasions called in and been entirely honest and said I've over-done it the night before and will be useless until lunchtime, and they've been fine with it because they knew I wasn't a rubbish slacker.

Or they just wanted my sex.
When I was 18 or so I called into work and told them I fell down the stairs...
Quote from theirishnoob :why was i late ??

why where you early.

lol! that is funny

Quote: My favorite movie line, "ERIC!!!! OH, ERIC!!!! You are a God!!!(bows down and a short pause) A God I say!!!(bows down again). - Kelso (Ashton Kutcher), That 70's Show.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :ME - "well you see i was walking into work when suddenly a black van screeched to a halt in front of me...nothing strange I grant you considering the area of town I was in, but 5 burley men in black suits jumped out and while speaking about some kind of 'bird in the nest' bundled me into the van. Confused i asked what this was all about but all i was told was to "SHUT UP SPARROW" wish I thought was the codename from the little boy spy in the Simpsons but what do i know. Anyway long story short, after some genital torture which left me in a fair amount of pain (and confusingly a bit of arousal also) they let me out at the same place that they picked me up and that was that"

BOSS - "Slept in again?"

I'm so going to try that one day.
Quote from Riders Motion :I was stuck in traffic...

???

To that most companies would just say "you should know what traffic is like, so you should have planned extra time to get here"

Quote from theirishnoob :why was i late ??

why where you early.

That was used a lot by lectures at college and university.
"The LFS devs promised a midnight release of the new VW. Might be late again the next couple months bud..."
I have no excuse, im the boss.

(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG