The online racing simulator
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :The forums are so slow and I didnt feel like reading though the entire post to see if anyone else noticed this ...

http://www.liveforspeed.net/pa ... es/aprilupdate/dialsA.jpg

The gauges wernt like that during the initial update where they? Didn't they change?

And whats up with the "BRAK" thing? Thought it was brake Or am I completely misunderstanding?
I see no reason for "delaying the patch release". And I don't think they are or even would consider doing such thing.

As they say they are finishing the patch, just to make sure it's 100% bug free. Probably.

Adding F1 car is nice, very nice indeed. If it was what the today's update meant. Though having an F1 car means that there are many little things to add that need to be there in order to provide F1 alike experience. And these are TCS, F1 tires, more electronics in general + something more than just the car.
Quote from Huru-aito :You seem to have much of knowledge of nK and that might give you some sort of credibility here (at least has in my eyes). But don't go guessing things concerning LFS development / release schedules

Don't quite know wtf your on about? If you seriously think the devs hadn't finished the patch six days ago after over 6 months of work they seriously should have thought twice about giving updates.

As for nK I have no clue wtf your going on about but am getting seriously fed up about this boards constant need to bash nK. I like nK get over it. I also like LFS so figure that one out.
Quote from Huru-aito :You seem to have much of knowledge of nK and that might give you some sort of credibility here (at least has in my eyes). But don't go guessing things concerning LFS development / release schedules

No no, he's got a good point there. The devs obviously know what will be in the patch and how many daily updates they can make. So when they started the teasing they knew when it had to end, which is the release date according to the fact that they said they would give an update every day until release.

So I think we can be pretty sure that the devs already have a fixed release date. And if this is the case they must be sure that the patch is ready for release on that date. And you can only be 100% sure about that if the patch is already finished and tested.

Just my 2 cents...
Quote from deggis :Haha, join the Kidcodea's nKp trolling fan club. That's really ridiculous, you can take same kind of flying in the air buggy pics in LFS. I thought I was a LFS fanboy but at least I take other sims seriously.

------------------

I think this mystery thing doesn't have anything to do with LFS, devs have just gone nuts with this teasing. On the other hand that Intel-LFS commercial sounds suspicious.

1st the commercial si pretty old and that nKpro is a big "shit" in a way it was programmed.I never say a worse program coming out which crash almos every time.I have a lot of friends with same experience.And to rule out everything out I even installed fresh WinXP,WHQL drivers,latest DX9 and also .NET.And result...its still crashing.
And no I dont have anything overclocked.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :1st the commercial si pretty old and that nKpro is a big "shit" in a way it was programmed.I never say a worse program coming out which crash almos every time.I have a lot of friends with same experience.And to rule out everything out I even installed fresh WinXP,WHQL drivers,latest DX9 and also .NET.And result...its still crashing.
And no I dont have anything overclocked.

So you're saying it is shit even if you haven't been able to test at all?

I had my share of problems in the start and I can understand your point.
Can we please stop talking about nK?
Yes, this is no the nkpro update thread.

So the today's update means there will be F1 car in LFS? 100% sure about it?

EDIT: the forum seems to be working well again, let's start the spamming
To me, the fact that we are getting an F1 car in LFS is anything but boring. Infact, I'm more excited about this patch than I ever was. I was expecting to have a nice patch waiting for me today, but instead I know that when it comes in the next two weeks at most, I will also get an amazing model of my favourite F1 team's car. It is an astonishing achievement for a 3 man project to get a license to such a car and I believe we must aplaud them for it. This is beyond all my expectations for LFS and I believe that those complaining must re-think what they are saying.
Quote from ajp71 :I also like LFS so figure that one out.

Hahhaha, you just edited this one, there was something else before the edit
Quote from Hyperactive :So the today's update means there will be F1 car in LFS? 100% sure about it?

Would they show us that to tell us that there isn't one?
@Axus - I think a lot of people are starting to complain because they feel the devs are able to release or at least give some more proper info right now.

Quote from afastest :Hahhaha, you just edited this one, there was something else before the edit

Yep changed my mind don't want to start a fight
i think nK namie is a very good game, we should think it in the time when it was done, thats coz nKp was that promising, i tought in preorder it coz i really had a respect about namie, but i feel that nKp never improved in physic way. The man who did the graphics did a very good work, but the other guys just looked and say... "oh that looks fine" once he finished the work they re-launched the namie (who has less crashes) like it was finished.
That is sad coz they hurry too much, and thats coz lfs is way better, they take time and make the things very good.

About the update pic of today, i think its nice if the friendship is with BMW coz they probbly license some M5 or Z4 alpina, but thats coz im not a OW fan, if u are OW fan this is a very good surprize, but not for me

anyway tnx devs, u are working so good, keep like it

cya
Quote from ajp71 :...am getting seriously fed up about this boards constant need to bash nK. I like nK get over it. I also like LFS so figure that one out.

I wonder if this is a good time to point out that THIS IS the OFFICIAL LFS user's forum. You can thoroughly expect some seriously biased, pro-LFS posting here. I mean.. come on, seriously!? Live For Speed forum? THE one? OFFICIAL?

I think, when all is said and done, whether you like the pro LFS stance that people take here or not, you're gonna have to take it on the nose. Or should we all stop talking about what we think of other nations, for fear of offending overly sensitive spies?

Welcome to the LFS forum, like it or lump it.
Fair enough but those people should just think that once it is out it will be even more than they expected.

WE ARE GETTING A REAL F1 CAR IN LFS!

What more info do you want for one day?
Quote from Christian Seidel :
And you can only be 100% sure about that if the patch is already finished and tested.

Just my 2 cents...

No, did you read Scawen's post on 5th of april? So you claim that they finished the patch and also tested it in just few days? Personally I believe the patch is tested at this moment, and the release date will depend on the results of testing.
#217 - Don
from liveforspeed.net:
While we finish the patch, we will post some info and a picture or two about a new feature or update, each day.
If it was the surprise it might mean that the patch day (P-day ) is not far away. I just hope they have updated some of the more obvious stuff as well.

EDIT: more obvious stuff imho
Quote from axus :To me, the fact that we are getting an F1 car in LFS is anything but boring. Infact, I'm more excited about this patch than I ever was. I was expecting to have a nice patch waiting for me today, but instead I know that when it comes in the next two weeks at most, I will also get an amazing model of my favourite F1 team's car. It is an astonishing achievement for a 3 man project to get a license to such a car and I believe we must aplaud them for it. This is beyond all my expectations for LFS and I believe that those complaining must re-think what they are saying.

I am pleased to hear you are so happy.

But everyone has to respect that each person has their own wishes and desires out of LFS.

Personally for me what originally attracted me to LFS was the fact it wasn't an open top racing sim and it made out of passion. Seeing these updates has made me wonder just what direction LFS is going in and wether or not I still fit into that picture.

I didn't particulary like watching it go commercial, going through this teaser period reflects part of that, but now learning there's the possibility that a larger comerical organisation may be involved is a little off putting - But we need to learn more about that.
Quote from ajp71 :Don't quite know wtf your on about? If you seriously think the devs hadn't finished the patch six days ago after over 6 months of work they seriously should have thought twice about giving updates.

As for nK I have no clue wtf your going on about but am getting seriously fed up about this boards constant need to bash nK. I like nK get over it. I also like LFS so figure that one out.

nK reference was there just for what I typed, you have knowledge of it, but you don't have same knowledge of LFS. But people might see things as if you would know as much about LFS as you do about nK. Nothing more. I also like other sims, not just LFS.

What comes to my thoughts about patch completion and release, I'll say there's no point holding a finished patch and not releasing it. And like we can see, the patch isn't out yet. My racername could give you a hint for why I might know things.
@Fangio - If you want to talk about nK post here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=6217

@Sam - I take your point although I've never seen such constant sensless bashing of a sim on other forums (including to ISI sims).
Quote from fangio86 :
About the update pic of today, i think its nice if the friendship is with BMW coz they probbly license some M5 or Z4 alpina, but thats coz im not a OW fan, ...

me agrees
I don't think the patch is completely finished and they're just teasing up to the release date, I do think however that it is in the final stages and we'll get it as soon as it is finished. Think about how they use to release patches/new versions and also the fact that the Formula cockpits were updated after some discussions in this forum. That mostly proves they're still working/testing.

I'm mostly happy about the teasing/updates, except for the last few days. I like the ideea of mistery pics and teasers, however I would also like some (not necesarily related to the teaser pics) information to go with it.

Anyway this deal (or whatever it is) with BMW is definately a HUGE thing for LFS and it can only guarantee LFS will grow and become even better.
Quote from axus :Fair enough but those people should just think that once it is out it will be even more than they expected.

WE ARE GETTING A REAL F1 CAR IN LFS!

What more info do you want for one day?

That is a huge step IMO, giving us more picture on how s3 will look like, well in my dreams we would see all major motor sport championships F1/GTR/GP2/ETCC in one F briliant sim. Am I dreaming too much here?

What more for tomorrow? I for one, would like see Nurburgring GP circuit.

Sorry, I've gone too far.
Quote from afastest :So you claim that they finished the patch and also tested it in just few days?

Not quite.

I believe that the patch was ready before they announced the daily updates.

Finishing the patch can also mean making a complete package out of all the development stuff to make it ready for a public release after it has been tested. And maybe also preparing the download mirrors for the run that will be up to them could be described as finishing - in a way...maybe...

Well, that's just my humble opinion as I said.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG