The online racing simulator
Water cooling
(70 posts, started )
I've talked it over with my brother, and he said, that it isn't necessary for me, because Im not going to OC alot. And that i better can buy better CPU Coolers. Btw, are they other coolors for my GFX card? and more silent ones? I now have a prety good Zalman CPU cooler with aluminum and copper.
You have two cards right? Up to you, you can only cool one if you want

You'll still be able to fit two cards in with those coolers on them. Some of the BIG ones are designed to be run passively, or with a fan, so check you don't need to buy the fan seperately.
If you do change your mind about the watercooling, here's the XSPC kit installed so you can see what kind of space it takes up.

Dunno, here is a pic of my PC. Not a good pic, but i could make another one.
1st one is with my old specs(old mobo 1gfx card ram) 2nd is what i now have. to show the kind of space i have.
Attached images
DSC00961.JPG
DSC01614.JPG
Quote from Bose321 :Dunno, here is a pic of my PC. Not a good pic, but i could make another one.
1st one is with my old specs(old mobo 1gfx card ram) 2nd is what i now have. to show the kind of space i have.

You need to clean that pc first just look at the state of it , you could look for 2 of these coolers
Yeah, I've heard good things about those Vortex coolers. Cheap too.
Quote from rc10racer :You need to clean that pc first just look at the state of it , you could look for 2 of these coolers

I said that was my old rig. I have cleaned it, lol. Lemme check those coolers.
Edit-looks cool. How does that work? do i slide them on my cards orso?
Well to be honest the second one doesnt look any beter. Bose.
I generally clean my PC every week.
Quote from niels1 :Well to be honest the second one doesnt look any beter. Bose.
I generally clean my PC every week.

How does that not look good? I took that picture after cleaned it. It didn't even run.
Nothing wrong with that PC, just a bit dusty is all, and certainly nowhere near excessively dusty. Every week? I think someone has a touch of OCD...

Quote from Bose321 :How does that work? do i slide them on my cards orso?

There'll be screws or clips on the back of your card. Unscrew or pop them and carefully give things a wiggle and the old heatsink will come off. Clean off the old thermal grease and apply some fresh stuff on the GPU and any chips that touch the metal of the heatsink and screw the new one on.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Nothing wrong with that PC, just a bit dusty is all, and certainly nowhere near excessively dusty. Every week? I think someone has a touch of OCD...

There'll be screws or clips on the back of your card. Unscrew or pop them and carefully give things a wiggle and the old heatsink will come off. Clean off the old thermal grease and apply some fresh stuff on the GPU and any chips that touch the metal of the heatsink and screw the new one on.

Okay so i just replace the old ones?
Yes they replace them. They're just prettier, quieter versions of what's on there already.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Yes they replace them. They're just prettier, quieter versions of what's on there already.

Okay, I will search for a dutch store, and look what they cost. Any good CPU fans that are better then mine? i've heard the one i have is quite good.
I use this cooler with 2 fans pull/push configuration, keeps my AMD Phenom 9850 around 30/42c 1.115V @ 2.4 and 36/55c 1.350 @ 3.2
Mine looked like this in my old case. Had to sell it because of an upgrade, and new blocks would've been way too expensive.
Attached images
P1020789.JPG
P1020790.JPG
And here's my example about high-end dual loop built-in custom kit

At first I had cpu, gpu, nb, sb and ram cooled, but cooling sb and ram didn't make much difference so they are cooled by air again

All blocks are made by EK

And no, this wasn't cheapest way to do it

EDIT: and to comparing temps.. my other pc has TRUE BLACK like rc10racer's, load temps are only thing which differs. E8600@4.5ghz, under water: idle 20, load 35.. and under TRUE: idle 24, load 40... however 9800GX2 had quite nice impact, with stock air cooler it ran sometimes even at 80C under heavy load.. nowdays it doesn't get over 40C in anything, no matter how much overclocked or whatever
Attached images
WC_1.JPG
WC_2.JPG
WC_3.JPG
WC_4.JPG
Quote from (FIN)Eza :And here's my example about high-end dual loop built-in custom kit

At first I had cpu, gpu, nb, sb and ram cooled, but cooling sb and ram didn't make much difference so they are cooled by air again

All blocks are made by EK

And no, this wasn't cheapest way to do it

EDIT: and to comparing temps.. my other pc has TRUE BLACK like rc10racer's, load temps are only thing which differs. E8600@4.5ghz, under water: idle 20, load 35.. and under TRUE: idle 24, load 40... however 9800GX2 had quite nice impact, with stock air cooler it ran sometimes even at 80C under heavy load.. nowdays it doesn't get over 40C in anything, no matter how much overclocked or whatever

Holy crap, does that take off?
Anyways, about those VGA coolers, what kind of do you advice?
I want to get into watercooling when I get my new CPU Has anyone heard of using icewater to cool the radiator? I have a mini fridge (quite small) that I wouldn't mind drilling some holes into for the water lines to pass through. Is that just stupid or?
doesnt work. a fridge is for cooling something with no heat dump so therefore you would over power the fridges potential and possibly burn up the fridge. it would work for short time benchs to have good temp but for long time use it will cause problems.
Quote from natedog420 :doesnt work. a fridge is for cooling something with no heat dump so therefore you would over power the fridges potential and possibly burn up the fridge. it would work for short time benchs to have good temp but for long time use it will cause problems.

I would just be using the fridge to keep the bucket of ice water that the radiator would be sitting in cold so the ice lasts longer. I should have explained better.

I also own a restaurant grade Icemaker so free ice

Water cooling
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG