The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
iTCC - Round 2 - Pre-Race Discussion
Fern Bay Gold Reversed - 17 laps per race.

Best Track in LFS + Best Car in LFS (IMHO of course :P)

Got a set which feels brilliant, can drive the wheels off of it and it thanks me for it - it does seem to be a bit slow though

4 Weeks till go - your thoughts?
Are you all gonna mess it into Turn 1 ?

If you do, please do it spectacularly so I can go apeshite and have a heart attack on-air.

d
If I said even more carnage would I be being a bit harsh on you lot?

But yes its a tricky track that should provide more passing oportunities than Westhill, but also there's recipes for disaster everywhere!
Fern Bay Gold? You guys can't keep it on the track at WE1, which is about 50 metres wide; what the hell are you going to do at a track that's about 50cm wide?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Fern Bay Gold? You guys can't keep it on the track at WE1, which is about 50 metres wide; what the hell are you going to do at a track that's about 50cm wide?

actually close racing is easier on fe3r
mostly because its slower an u dont rely as much on downforce as on we1
Quote from Fastwalker :actually close racing is easier on fe3r
mostly because its slower an u dont rely as much on downforce as on we1

I joke, of course. It should be a very very exciting event.
i did some laps here yesterday already, and i think we can expect SC every 2 laps here :\

the car flips so damn easy in last chicane we might should say if your on your roof just spec and not brake up the fight at the front

2 SC in a race was already anoying dont wanto think about more tbh
Quote from Rudy van Buren :i did some laps here yesterday already, and i think we can expect SC every 2 laps here :\

the car flips so damn easy in last chicane we might should say if your on your roof just spec and not brake up the fight at the front

2 SC in a race was already annoying don't wanto think about more tbh

Yes this might benefit the leaders, but what will say the drives who are 30 sec or a lap behind?

Rudy you have to stop thinking only about your self.

You know there are another 20 cars on the grid and not just top 3.

No offense mate.
well i didnt even mean it in the way you subscribe it,

i just mean the fact that crashing or flipping here is so easy that it would end up in endless SC not more then that

And in the end we ( or most of us ) all prefer racing instead of driving behind a SC although if you crash it might be a advantage to get back in toutch with the field

i should not have said that 'fight at the front' becaus ofcourse its the same for the fights in the back or midfield or wherever.
It's fairly easy to not flip at those corners. As long as you've done a couple of practice races and done some passing there shouldn't really be a problem.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :It's fairly easy to not flip at those corners. As long as you've done a couple of practice races and done some passing there shouldn't really be a problem.

haha funny guy that last chicane is a bitch if you take it on the limit

anyway will see what happens
A big part of racing is not always taking things on the limit when it's not safe to do so--i.e., being a smart driver.
I've yet to roll it at the final chicane during practice. I find its dead easy just to smash over the first kerb then basically drive around the second one

And Mike, thanks for the sig
yea last chicane, without exessive cutting on the first kink, its impossible to hit the killer curb, sadly.
So, having a look at the Reserve List for Round 2 so far, it looks like it will be an intense Reserve Shootout here. And with the tight Fern Bay Gold track, seems to me that getting a clean lap will be extremely critical.

Qualifying for the race itself likely will have the same issues...fast drivers may end up starting well down the order if they are unable to get a good, clean fast lap down in the 15 minutes.

And from my view, the race can be clean and SC free if drivers respect the danger points on the track and don't push to the limit when they aren't reasonably able to...back off if you need to to get through safely. Finishing high will be a priority for some low on the points table, so I would expect to see them fighting hard to keep in the top 15...will be interesting to see how they handle themselves in the races. Of course, there will be 15 people trying to usurp some people from the top 15, so they have more to fight for. If I were in the top 3 or four in the points tables, I'd focus on a decent points finish to keep myself away from the back half of the top 15. But that's just me, and my observations as a commentator.

See you all in a couple weeks for the racing !

d
wauw, thats gonna take a while to shoot out with all these ppl

Exciting aswell, i told the rest of the #1 and #2 Renesis team to sign up asap.
Bring on the shootout... i got lots to make up for...

Should be a ripper
Some help for those who wants it, did i pretty decent lap with my little weight penalty, 0.20 off my pb.
Attached files
ITCC Preview lap.spr - 102.8 KB - 234 views
Can anyone post their split times? I have a slight suspicion that I'm losing a boatload of time in the last turn (and in the first chicane). Mine are:

27.90 - 1:01.84 - 1:20.98

Still got at least a second to go I guess - else I won't see the race

Edit: Bleh - posted one second too late I guess Although I can't open that file - LFS says it was made with a later version.
I've got 27.64, 1.01.64, 1.20.59 as my pb.

Rudy's getting low 27s, mid 1.00s and mid 1.19s , so you're not so far off the pace.
it's in my replay
1:19.36 so far here
happy i dont have much weight penalty
Quote from J@tko :
Rudy's getting low 27s, mid 1.00s and mid 1.19s , so you're not so far off the pace.

Doesn't help me much Losing ~0.7s to the best just in Split 1 is rather frustrating (especially since it's similar to Westhill. There I lost 0.7s just in T1 ).

Quote : it's in my replay

Again: I can't play it because I'm not using Test patches
his splits were 27.4x and 1:00.68
1:19.30 laptime
Sounds promising - I'm losing 0.5s per sector. Now I just need to find a way to drive faster :b

iTCC - Round 2 - Pre-Race Discussion
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG