The online racing simulator
Teh Tomb Raider Thread!
(75 posts, started )
Teh Tomb Raider Thread!
Right, got TR: Underworld today, but I'm unable to even start the second level due to me being scared shitless of water after TR1 The second I hit the water I instantly Alt+F4'ed I've tried 3 times since then, but the furthest I got was actually diving. Then it's just blue sea all around and I get ascared (same thing happened watching "open water", but I managed to not have a panic attack in the cinema) I'll probably do it later by playing some music at the same time, but it's really too bad to do now...

Apart from that, this is my first TR since 1, which I almost completed. I also had Angel of Darkness for PS2, which was average at best

So, post your TR experiences in here
I remember the TR series vividly. I spent many a happy hour at my PC in my formative years playing TR. My faviroutes were TR2 on the PC, TR3 on the PS1 (or PS2, can't remember what it was, was that long ago ) and TR:Chronicles on PC.

I prefer TR on PC because the controls are much better, imo. There's always a nice sense of atmosphere with the TR games, something that's often lacking from most other adventure/stragety games.

I would like to try TR:Underworld on PC at some stage, just a shame that funds don't allow it at the moment.
you know there is such a thing as hydrophobia, right? Not that I'm sure this is it, but it sounds pretty cool.
Quote from CasseBent :you know there is such a thing as hydrophobia, right? Not that I'm sure this is it, but it sounds pretty cool.

I'm not hydrophobic (unfortunately, that has to be the coolest sounding phobia ever, like some kind of Japanese monster ), I have no problem with water IRL. In most games I don't, either. It's just the TR series gets me

Quote from S14 DRIFT :I remember the TR series vividly. I spent many a happy hour at my PC in my formative years playing TR. My faviroutes were TR2 on the PC, TR3 on the PS1 (or PS2, can't remember what it was, was that long ago ) and TR:Chronicles on PC.

Ah yes, I had Chronicles too, that was pretty good. Not as good as TR1, but still a damn good game
How come Rob? What's so bad about the water in TR that it gets you freaked out?

Pretty funny fear, though. Not scared of spiders or snakes.. scared of water in a video game.
Is Croft Manor any better than it is in Legend? Because it is one of the worst I have played in, no outside maze or anything.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :How come Rob? What's so bad about the water in TR that it gets you freaked out?

Pretty funny fear, though. Not scared of spiders or snakes.. scared of water in a video game.

It was them friggin crocodiles from TR1 I reckon, I was like 6 when I started playing that game (in between bouts of Rayman and FF7 :rolleyes. I literally shat brix on the Cistern level, which was made out of crocodiles and rats (I also have a pationate dislike for spiders IRL. Snakes are cool though )

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Is Croft Manor any better than it is in Legend? Because it is one of the worst I have played in, no outside maze or anything.

It gets torched in the first level
Spiders I can understand, they are made of evil. 8 legs is not natural. Maybe you're phobic about drowning?
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
ive got the demo of underworld, and to tralk true i didnt really like it. the camera was horrible and thats why you die many times on jumping blindly and hoping theres something to crab
I think I will have to try Underworld out. One bad thing though is that Angelina Jolie is no longer TR, don't reckon the movies will be the same.
TR. The only game besides LFS that I constantly play.

Does anyone else play user-made levels/games? There are many out there that are even better than the original games, IMO.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It gets torched in the first level

So no running around in Croft Manor for shits and giggles then? Pfft, sounds rubbish.
Best bit I can remember about TR 1 on the PC was doing the whole stage of getting into the maze to have a couple of laps on the quad. Had to climb up into the antic I think, then push something down, jump down to the ground floor and get into the aquarium as quick as possible to get the key to the maze. I used to spend hours doing that lol.
lol same sam93 that was one of the things that got me hooked on TR but it lost adventure and story line in 3 and 4
#15 - CSU1
Quote from zeugnimod : TR. The only game besides LFS that I constantly play.

Does anyone else play user-made levels/games? There are many out there that are even better than the original games, IMO.

You are taking the piss; right?

TR sucks a great deal of balls whilst being the most boring and unimaginative title out there

Q: If Lara was exchanged by Chuck Norris wearing a speedo would you still play?
Quote from CSU1 :You are taking the piss; right?

TR sucks a great deal of balls whilst being the most boring and unimaginative title out there

Q: If Lara was exchanged by Chuck Norris wearing a speedo would you still play?

That is a smoking hot mental image right there.
Played it today on the Wii at my Dads house.

The sea bit was actually quite... daunting. :hide:
I love Tomb Raider! The first proper game I played on! As for phobias, that butler in the first one (I think...the one with the quadbike and the attic at croft manor) still scares me sh!tless...I locked him in the attic once, and because of some glitchy graphics his face stuck out of the closed door, vibrating left and right...:scared: 'Shakey' I used to call him. I have vivid memories of the original Tomb Raider on the PS1...those dinosaurs were great!

Because I've only finished 3 or so of the games, I had another go at a couple a few months ago. Thank you for reminding me, I'll go and play with Lara Croft...erm...games now . The early ones are the best by far!
#20 - Osco
how about you give up on video games? virtual water scares you, playing Portal makes you sick?
you get motion sickness in LFS too?
Quote from Timdpr :I love Tomb Raider! The first proper game I played on! As for phobias, that butler in the first one (I think...the one with the quadbike and the attic at croft manor) still scares me sh!tless...I locked him in the attic once, and because of some glitchy graphics his face stuck out of the closed door, vibrating left and right...:scared: 'Shakey' I used to call him. I have vivid memories of the original Tomb Raider on the PS1...those dinosaurs were great!

Because I've only finished 3 or so of the games, I had another go at a couple a few months ago. Thank you for reminding me, I'll go and play with Lara Croft...erm...games now . The early ones are the best by far!

I think it was TR3 on the PS1. I recall the quad-bike vividly. May have been TR2 though. I'm 99% sure it wasn't TR1, but all are great games in my mind.
Quote from Osco :how about you give up on video games? virtual water scares you, playing Portal makes you sick?
you get motion sickness in LFS too?

Nah, LFS is OK for me (although I am fairly crap at it ). Seriously though, that water traumatised me as a little kid (And Portal is OK again, I think it was the long stint combined with no breakfast or lunch :shrug

I dunno, I played Resi on the PS1 just fine, I got to about half way through and gave up on a puzzle (plus that had water with a HUGE shark and I was fine :shrug. It's just something about TR. Epic games though
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I think it was TR3 on the PS1. I recall the quad-bike vividly. May have been TR2 though. I'm 99% sure it wasn't TR1, but all are great games in my mind.

Yeah, I think TR3 was the one. TR1 was the one with the dinosaurs though, wasn't it? I'm gettin all confuzzled... I played some on a computer, and some on the PS1, and the computer one was the first I played.
Quote from mutt107 :sickening.

Don't hide you love for him, you'll feel much better if you just let it run free.
#25 - Osco
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Don't hide you love for him, you'll feel much better if you just let it run free.

much like diarrhea (spelling:shy

Teh Tomb Raider Thread!
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG