The online racing simulator
I think this is an interesting and worthwhile concept, but I would urge caution to make sure that no-one ever gets falsely accused of wrecking and then perma-banned from all participating servers.

It seems to me that one incident, even if it appears to be wrecking, should not be sufficient to invoke a distributed ban. Sometimes one-off things happen (my pedals connector dropped out once just before T1 leading to me ploughing into the entire field), or people have moments of madness that they regret, or their children get on their computer without them knowing, etc.

I'd imagine that there should be clear evidence of a pattern of behaviour (ie. multiple incidents) agreed by at least 3 experienced admins before someone was put on the blacklist. It might even be fair to send drivers an LFSWorld message as a warning when their first incident is reported.
I agree somewhere on those line - this was exactly why I wrote "The MPR will carry all this to either succes or faliure".

Admins banning people based on 1 MPR = failure
Admins banning people based on multiple MPRs = long term succes

Sending a warning sounds like a great idea. Some players are not wreckers, but simply too aggressive (inexperienced) or are not aware of all the racing rules or simply inexperienced with races and pushes the car too hard.
Quote from colcob :
It seems to me that one incident, even if it appears to be wrecking, should not be sufficient to invoke a distributed ban. Sometimes one-off things happen (my pedals connector dropped out once just before T1 leading to me ploughing into the entire field), or people have moments of madness that they regret, or their children get on their computer without them knowing, etc.

I completely agree. Moreover, no very long term administrative ban should be issued when there's no possibility to contact an administrator - at least on a website or via mail - to ask for an explanation. The current ban system states no reason for being banned: the system could be better, and I think it will be improved in the future. It will only be a matter of time.
Anyone should have the right to defend him/herself, especially when the consequences of a single action (or repeated actions in a session) could lead to long lasting consequences, because technical problems occur, occasional moments of madness due to warm blood occur, and finally children occur.
i still havent got round to sending them replays to yah m8 sorry will do them tonight as i aint got time at the min .
Samh Can u confirm you have recieved the files i uploaded and didnt upload 2 of the same .mpr
#56 - SamH
Quote from Billeh :Samh Can u confirm you have recieved the files i uploaded and didnt upload 2 of the same .mpr

thanks bud!

The culprits, it turns out, are already banned for a long time from our server, thanks to others reporting them at the same time. I was glad to get the MPRs from you, because they thoroughly confirm our original decision to ban
#57 - SamH
Oops.. missed a bit. Nope, all three MPRs are different, and all show very definite wrecking tactics from two LFS S2-registered drivers.
Quote from SamH : thanks bud!

The culprits, it turns out, are already banned for a long time from our server, thanks to others reporting them at the same time. I was glad to get the MPRs from you, because they thoroughly confirm our original decision to ban

good to hear it was getting a bit heated in there earlyer befor i went to work but i didnt get any replays. I will be in there tonight though so if i see anything i will send them over m8. Take care and drive safe :P
Just to add out, laden was back on the server, and was ramming, unfortunately I don't have the replay that provides that. We did gave him a taste of his own medicine, when 3 of us were blocking him *after the race of course* but he just got abusive and upset, and started calling us names.

I assumed that you had banned him before?

Just out of curiosity, why not change the track from South City, to KY GP Long, thats become popular for FOX and V8s these days. With pits required? :P
#60 - SamH
Quote from Quint999 :the thread that will not die ...

hehe! Thanks bud! We love doing the server, but of course what makes it good or bad is entirely down to the coding by the devs and all the folks who race on it. LFS rocks! [quote]
[quote=BigDave2967]Just to add out, laden was back on the server... I assumed that you had banned him before?
[/quote]
Many times He's currently supposed to be banned, basically, for life. There's a bug in the server software which is causing our bans to be short-lived. It's a coding issue that I *hope* Scawen is aware of. It's posted big in the bugs department, anyway.
[quote=BigDave2967]Just out of curiosity, why not change the track from South City, to KY GP Long, thats become popular for FOX and V8s these days. With pits required? :P[/quote]
We have Aston, Westhill, Kyoto, Fern Bay, Rally (a Fern Bay config) and our Beginners server, but the most popular by far is South City Classic/FOX. We try different configs occasionally, to see what's attractive to LFSers and when we hit a winner, we set the config file to that. I'll change our KY server to GP Long/FOX today in the hope that it'll take off like the South City one.

Pitting required.. how many laps? It's a helluva long track.. there will be long, long races. Suggestions? Requests?

In our own team, we've been racing a lot on Fern Bay Gold in the FOX recently. I can heartily recommend that server if you're looking for a longer race. It's very intense, but not as aggressive as the South City config.
#61 - Smax
I've noticed that you've got an awful lot of unused/little used configs running.

I wonder if you might consider setting up SO Classic Fox part 2?, and then restricting the number of connections on both servers to a slightly smaller number, say 16 or so. That way you could support more players without having 23 cars fighting for space at the first 90 degree left.

I have to say the few occasions I've been on your server I've raced from the back since I don't play the game enough to be any good at it, and I've spent all of my time either keeping out of the way of the front runners or picking my way through the wreckage of those who've crashed. I've always felt 23 reasonably quick cars on that small track was too many, but hey that's just my unimportant opinion, anyway just thought I'd throw in that suggestion.

Personally I prefer FE Gold much more and might fancy a spin on that, which of your servers have you got that setup on?
#62 - Jakg
yes it is too many, but it certainly is a spectacle that other sims just cant re-create!
#63 - SamH
Quote from Smax :I've noticed that you've got an awful lot of unused/little used configs running.

Yep, we made best-guess when we started them but the other servers are too quiet.

Quote from Smax :I wonder if you might consider setting up SO Classic Fox part 2?, and then restricting the number of connections on both servers to a slightly smaller number, say 16 or so. That way you could support more players without having 23 cars fighting for space at the first 90 degree left.

Consider it done We'll get that up and running today.
[EDIT]TeamCCUK.com South City II is up and running. 16 cars max, although 23 people can join. There's room for 7 spectators. I've decided not to adjust the original South City. I figure anyone for whom the max number of cars is too many in SC original can graduate to SC II themselves.
Quote from Smax :Personally I prefer FE Gold much more and might fancy a spin on that, which of your servers have you got that setup on?

It's live on "TeamCCUK.com FernBay" as we speak, but I think you'll be the first to arrive. I think most people have Empty=No in their server listings, so once someone gets in there it suddenly magically appears in everyone else's list.

[EDIT2]We've noticed that 7 seems to be a magic number. Once a server has 7 people in it, pretty soon after that, it has 18 or 20

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG