The online racing simulator
Toro Rosso Confirms Buemi
(55 posts, started )
#1 - wild
OH fail. What happend to that "not mature enough" crap?
#3 - JJ72
lol more Sebastiens............
Quote from JJ72 :lol more Sebastiens............

2010 of RBR & STR's driver: Sebastien Vettel, Sebastien Loeb, Sebastien Bourdais, Sebastien Buemi
I thought Vettel was called Sebastian
#6 - wild
The thing I've been wondering is who will get the other seat. I think we all really guessed Buemi would be the 1st driver. Shall it be Bourdais or Sato? I think Bourdais really deserves the drive
will they do Red Bull do in 2005:2 2nd driver?
It seems like STR take a pleasure to destroy careers.Examples,Speed,Liuzzi soon Bourdais. What the hell is wrong with you Tost? Waiting for a spanking video featuring Tost and Mosley before making a decision. By the time they decide, the driver who doesnt get the car will have no where else to get a car in 2009.

The complete disregard this team has shown for drivers and their careers is completely unprofessional. I have lost all fondness and sympathy for this team and I sincerely hope they finish in last place for 2009.
Quote from George Kuyumji :It seems like STR take a pleasure to destroy careers.Examples,Speed,Liuzzi soon Bourdais. What the hell is wrong with you Tost? Waiting for a spanking video featuring Tost and Mosley before making a decision. By the time they decide, the driver who doesnt get the car will have no where else to get a car in 2009.

The complete disregard this team has shown for drivers and their careers is completely unprofessional.

totally agree.
How did they destroy any of those drivers' careers? Liuzzi and Speed were decent drivers, but I don't think it was a coincidence that Toro Rosso's upturn in form began when Vettel joined the team. Bourdais was given his F1 lifeline by Toro Rosso and for all we know could still be driving in 2009.
Its not that they sacked Liuzzi, its about HOW they did it! Making it look like Liuzzi and Speed are total irresponsible and impossible to work with. If a Team gets rid of drivers, thats fine, do it calmly and professionelly, dont destroy there reputation and future by going publicly talking them down. Most Teams decide on the next season in the middle of the summer, so that every one in the partnership can plan ahead, but now they wait to the very very last moment to decide, and that makes it as good as impossible for Sato and Bourdais to get other contracts done or plan ahead for 2009 in case one of them doesnt get the car. Its not fair, nor common or professionell letting them still hang in the air like that.
Bourdais didn't even do that bad last season, sure he got dominated by vettel but it was the completel other way before they got the new car, i think it has to do with the car other then then driver here.

That and bourdais has been unlucky on alot of occasions like Monza, Japan, Australia, spa etc
Bourdais was closer to Vettel in the last races than it looked. He was faster the whole Spa weekend and qualified 4th in Monza. I'd really like to see him this year again.
Buemi may be a good race driver but jeez he's ugly :yikes:.
Quote from anttt69 :Buemi may be a good race driver but jeez he's ugly :yikes:.

I don't suppose he's the ugliest man on paddock until Bernie leaves.
Quote from hyntty : I don't suppose he's the ugliest man on paddock until Bernie leaves.

shouldn't be long now, since he got the *Cough* Mafia *Cough* I mean Ferrari angry.
Quote :If a Team gets rid of drivers, thats fine, do it calmly and professionelly, dont destroy there reputation and future by going publicly talking them down

They did not have much choice, they stuck by the useless and thoroughly incompetent Scott Speed so long that they had become a laughing stock. Gerhard Berger is on TV interview as being totally behind him even after everyone else was questioning why he was still in the sport. If they didnt drop him hard when they did then their company stock would have plummeted.

Scott Speed's continued presence in Torro Rosso could only serve to damage the team, they had no choice but to take the appropriate reaction for not just his level of performance but also to undo the commitment and persistence that they had given him to turn his lacklustre Sunday drives around in to something resembling that of an amateur race driver or better.

Every now and then a driver manages to blag their way into F1 that is so appallingly useless and mediocre that they give ordinary people hope that they too have what it takes to drive an F1 car. Scott Speed was such a driver.
Quote from Becky Rose :They did not have much choice, they stuck by the useless and thoroughly incompetent Scott Speed so long that they had become a laughing stock. Gerhard Berger is on TV interview as being totally behind him even after everyone else was questioning why he was still in the sport. If they didnt drop him hard when they did then their company stock would have plummeted.

Scott Speed's continued presence in Torro Rosso could only serve to damage the team, they had no choice but to take the appropriate reaction for not just his level of performance but also to undo the commitment and persistence that they had given him to turn his lacklustre Sunday drives around in to something resembling that of an amateur race driver or better.

Every now and then a driver manages to blag their way into F1 .....

while everyone else buys their way into F1!
Quote from Becky Rose :...

You misunderstood what I said, you go on about why Speed is not as good a driver as people think he is yada yada. Its not about that, its not about Liuzzi or Speed getting sacked, its about sacking them and painting a picture in public that they are completely incompetent. A professionel company says "We decided to end our partnership with ..., we wish him good luck and success in his future", Toro Rosso figuratively sayed "We sacked this driver, he is a complete piece of shit, we hate him and no team should ever hire him". There is a difference. And what they are doing now with Bourdais and Sato is to wait until the very very last moment to see who comes up with more money, and the other driver will be sacked with a very slim chance to find a car for 2009 not only in F1 but also in other Motorsport series, therefore risking his career path.
Quote :Toro Rosso figuratively sayed "We sacked this driver, he is a complete piece of shit, we hate him and no team should ever hire him".

Sometimes honesty is an undervalued commodity.

As for Sato, his F1 career is already over and he'd be very lucky to get a drive again, so it's worth him hanging on. Bordais on the other hand isn't going to lose his career because Torro Rosso find someone with more money. He'll race something else (as will Sato). It is not difficult for drivers of F1 pedigree to hop into sports cars or a touring car series or something, there are plenty of drives available for people with that much corporate backing behind them.
I like Buemi!

When i was watching gp2 i find him good
Quote from Becky Rose :Sometimes honesty is an undervalued commodity.

Honesty? If companys bashing there former employees publicly would be allowed and the norm what you would get is not the slightest bit of honesty or truth but an unprofessionell and unjust mess. And not just in Motorsports but in every area of labor market.

Quote from Becky Rose :As for Sato, his F1 career is already over and he'd be very lucky to get a drive again, so it's worth him hanging on. Bordais on the other hand isn't going to lose his career because Torro Rosso find someone with more money. He'll race something else (as will Sato). It is not difficult for drivers of F1 pedigree to hop into sports cars or a touring car series or something, there are plenty of drives available for people with that much corporate backing behind them.

The 50 years F1 past have shown if your getting thrown out of F1 in such a manner, your chances to make a comeback to F1 are incredibly slim. Who is going to care in 2010 for a driver that has not driven F1 for a year, was doing some other type of Racing if any racing at all somewhere else, most likely not at a top team in 2009 because remember he couldnt have made a good deal with anyone because he was waiting so long for a decision from Toro Rosso that all other good rides were gone, if such a team could have a new guy who is young and didnt have any off-year or uncertain situation like the guy above has.

Of course it could all turn out different with a lot of luck for the driver, but that still doesnt make Toro Rossos behaviour any better and shouldnt become the norm.
I'm disappointed with the choice. Buemi's CV is mediocre compared with Vettel, Bourdais, Liuzzi, and Speed. His test times had better have been faster than Sato and Hartley, otherwise he'll be embarrassing to watch.

Now please please please let Bourdais keep his seat!
I think they should have picked Sato.
He is a very good driver. The best one of Japan. Too bad
Quote :The 50 years F1 past have shown if your getting thrown out of F1 in such a manner, your chances to make a comeback to F1 are incredibly slim

Wurtz, de la Rossa, to name just two from the last couple of years. Infact I still think de la Rossa should get a 1st team drive he's under-rated.

(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG