The online racing simulator
Race Center Event - Details Thread
The event is booked for the 25th January 2008 at 1pm at The Race Center.
The Race Centre can be found here, near Southampton.

The plan is to meet at:
The Hut is a large pub (Beefeater chain) with plenty of car parking, 2 minute walk from the race centre. Ideal. Mmm, beer. And lunch, for the non-alcoholics among us.

Chances are that some LFSers will be there from 11am onwards, perhaps earlier, so don't worry about being early. Do, however, worry about being late! If you are going to arrive after 12:30 I would suggest going directly to the Race Center and awaiting us there.

You will almost certainly be able to exchange mobile phone details with other people to make sure you know where you're going at any given time.

The event format is yet to be finalised - not that that is a problem; you'll just do what you're told by the man in charge at The Race Center! - and the car/track we'll be using is to be decided on the day so nobody knows in advance... Fiendish eh?!

Anyone can arrive to spectate. No need to tell me, or confirm or anything. But you won't get to race (with us, or without spending your own money)

NOTE: THIS EVENT WAS A PRIZE FOR A COMPETITION IN AUTOSPORT MAGAZINE. THEREFORE IT IS FREE (not including fuel, transport, food, drink, bets etc. Your house may be at risk if you set fire to it)

People

The following have confirmed they are coming (in no particular order):

1. Tristan (that's me)
2. Ben - Bob Smith
3. Damian - Nihil
4. Jamie - S14 Drift (also bringing Jaffa Cakes)
5. Dajmin (depending on test result)
6. Jason Matthews
7. Dean - Franky500
8. Kenneth - Kayjay
9. Mark Matthews
10. Alex - Minimaxman
11. Andrew - Bozo (plus infuriating spectating children)
12. Thomas - Felplacerad
13. Joe Keaveney
14. Becky Rose (promoted from Reserve)
15. Alex - Ajp71
16. Tim - Funnybear (unless he's in a gutter somewhere)
17. Mark Fletcher - Fletch248 or something similar
18. Chris - Gills4Life (in need of a lift - please let him know if you can help)
19. Chris Raemisch

To chase
Nobody!

Reserve List
anttt69 - not heard anything for a while now... Still coming?
Paul - [SR] Paul (Jason's nephew)
huge thank yous to Tristan for organising it, and for giving me a lift.
Ohshi. Becky is coming. I'm now officially scared. (I.E please don't kill me!)

If you wouldn't mind I'd like to steal a phone number from someone closer to the time (Probably Tristan or Bob or someone) as I'm almost certainly going to get lost.

I'll bring the largest packet of Jaffa-cakes I can. (Tristan has to eat at least 8 at once, or he won't be getting any. I'll be arriving between 11 and 12 so I'll probably be om nom noming on fatty food.

Looking forward to seeing you all there, should be a great afternoon.
Yeh, thanks very much Tristan, really appreciate it.

One request, if in your list of atendees above you could write everyone's real forename next to their username, it would make it a bit easier than learning them on the day.
Quote from Minimaxman :One request, if in your list of atendees above you could write everyone's real forename next to their username, it would make it a bit easier than learning them on the day.

Fel's is Heidfeld. Or so I've heard.
I will on the ones I know. Hopefully the ones I don't could post or pm them, of if Bob knows some he can edit my post. Good idea
Hi, I'm Thomas! Nice to meet you.

And since I'm posting I might as well thank Tristan for doing this. And also whoever posted in the previous thread offering me a ride from Stansted. I Think it was nihil but I can't seem to find the post. Thanks whoever it was, but once again I was able to get Ben to do the driving.
Helllo I am Achmed.

No seriously I am Jamie.
Quote from anttt69 :Dont worry i'm the friendly non murdering type . On a different note I might be getting two mates to come down with me so we could pick you up on the way. If they dont come then I still need a lift.

Hehe thats good to hear!

If I am able to go I will be driving. I haven't had a chance to get on the road for a while in my car and want to see how my MPG has changed since the new o2 housing and 3" exhaust.
Well you probably know me as [SR] Turkey.
Has anybody actually asked this yet - what was the competition you won, Tristan?
Erm... well... the thing is... I can't remember!!!

It was in Autosport, and it was a fairly simple multiple choice answer about contemporary F1 I think... I was just the lucky name drawn out of the hat I suppose. Something along the difficulty lines of "When was Felipe Massa's first GP"...
Well, irrespective of what it was, we appreciate you inviting us along.
That kind of thing is obviously doing the rounds. Last Thursday I got handed a PS3 game I'd won in a competition I couldn't even remember entering

I have a band competition on that morning, so I might end up running a little bit late. My journey plan was to head straight to the Race Centre anyway.

In theory there's plenty of time for me to do both things and get there on time, but obviously depending on how delayed the band's audition gets and what the traffic is like, I might end up missing the first round of qualifications (or whatever format ends up getting decided). If it's done via quali, I have no problem starting the next race last (since the odds are that's where I'd have been anyway)

Typical that they'd both be on the same day. The only good news is that it looks like the journey from the audition to the Race Centre is about the same as it would've been from my house to the Race Centre.
The cult of the Jaffa Cake must come to an end!

Us Jammy Dodgerer's will see to it, I ate 16 last week mwhaha!

Quote :Ohshi. Becky is coming. I'm now officially scared. (I.E please don't kill me!)

I cant say i've never killed anyone but you'll be safe, i'll look after you. Gin and lemonade please.
Ahh cool, I didn't know it was a competition in Autosport, I always thought it was because Tristan won the Mono2000 championship in his Reynard.

Getting closer to being able to go, only 3 more peopel need to drop out =) I have not raced LFS properly in about a year IIRC =(
Quote from Becky Rose :The cult of the Jaffa Cake must come to an end!
Us Jammy Dodgerer's will see to it, I ate 16 last week mwhaha!

16 in a week? I can do 8 Jaffa Cakes in a single mouthful. I always knew the Jammy Dodger brigade was a group for pansies

Chris - the only thing I get for winning the championship is a trophy at the AGM in February. Nothing as fun and exciting as a Race Center event... Maybe I should take up Autosport Competitions as my main 'hobby' as the rewards are better
Hehe wait until you do the event before you say that

It's fun getting together with people, but his setup isn't much more than a glorified projector setup. He wants motion simulators, but he would need some serious investment to bring those in.
Quote :16 in a week? I can do 8 Jaffa Cakes in a single mouthful. I always knew the Jammy Dodger brigade was a group for pansies

But we are guided by the one true biscuit! And 1 Jammy Dodger is at least equal to 4 Jaffa cakes on the 'was it good for you scale'. And all 16 where in a single sitting, I couldnt help it it was one of those double packets and it would not reseal.
Quote from Becky Rose :But we are guided by the one true biscuit! And 1 Jammy Dodger is at least equal to 4 Jaffa cakes on the 'was it good for you scale'. And all 16 where in a single sitting, I couldnt help it it was one of those double packets and it would not reseal.

These things are like eat twinkies! Never really liked jaffacakes or jammy dodger, but I would have to agree that a Jammy dodger is worth more than a Jaffacake!

well at least they don't have a shelf life of something like 10 years a twinkie does...
I never found twinkies to be that great tbh, they have a weird taste. It seems to me the only purpose of them is to pack as much obesity into a mouthful as is humanly possible for no other purpose than to enable us to enact our god given right to take up 3 seats on an aeroplane with one buttock cheak.
I had a twinkie while I was in the US and I can't say I was overly impressed. Way too sweet for me.

That said, I think the reason for their existence is less about making people fat and more about creating a food source the will last forever even without packaging.
Quote from Becky Rose :I never found twinkies to be that great tbh, they have a weird taste. It seems to me the only purpose of them is to pack as much obesity into a mouthful as is humanly possible for no other purpose than to enable us to enact our god given right to take up 3 seats on an aeroplane with one buttock cheak.

No they are not the best and I don't like them, just silly talk about junk food. Don't forget ho-ho's and ding-dongs.

FYI twinkies have 150 calories almost 1/2 that of a snickers or Mars bar.
That's actually quite low, especially when you consider a Jammy Dodger has 85 calories (although you cant have one, a whole strip of 8 is 680 calories) and Jaffa Cakes just 45 per biscuit (lightweight biscuit wonna-be's).
They're cakes, not biscuits. How dare you insult the Cake of Jaffa so wantonly!

This is getting silly. Save it for the day guys (and gal)

Race Center Event - Details Thread
(216 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG