The online racing simulator
#27 - Migz
Quote from Luke.S :33 quid for something which does the same as my 1.99 keyboard insane

You really annoy me sometimes. 33 quid for something which looks and probably feels nicer then your crappy 1.99 keyboard. If you want to be a cheapskate go for it, but some of us like to spend extra money for a piece of quality hardware.

Edit: is crayon physics any good? I was thinking about getting it.

The last things I bought were a 1TB NAS Harddtive, 8gb 45mb/s compact flash card and a 800 euro slr Sony a350 camera........(No it does not do the same as your crap £5 wind up polaroid camera luke)
#28 - Jakg
Quote from Luke.S :33 quid for something which does the same as my 1.99 keyboard insane

Why spend so much on a car? Or a computer? Or wheel? etcetcetc

I use my PC a LOT and I may as well have one that doesn't require me to tap "1" or "Esc" like a madman just to get the bloody things to work...
How can a keyboard feel nice? This does the same job as any expensive one and it also feels nice. If i had that money right now i wouldn't buy a keyboard. I'd save it till i could get a new mobo.

I don't have to button mash on this.
Yesterday:
(the cd)
'Cause there's something about softer touch plastics that are smooth (Nothing pisses me off than those OEM keyboards that are ridged).

What I lst bought -

#32 - Jakg
So your saying a cheap-o keyboard has the perfect feel for me (MS keyboards have the best feel FOR ME I find) - it also has better hotkeys and doesn't feel cheap like most do.

If I had money (which I do) I would spend it on WTF i wanted - I need to pay for my MOT (borrowed cash from parents for it) and road tax, but i've wanted something remotely useful for Christmas so I bought it.

I already have a fancy mobo tyvm...

EDIT - For reference I also really REALLY like Dell keyboards (but only one model) - they go for a silly price on eBay though and they only get sold with a new Dell PC so theres no point.
#33 - AMB
Quote from Luke.S :You can get a six pack from pound land for 99p

You mean £1, 99p in a pound shop is silly lol.
#34 - Migz
Quote from Luke.S :How can a keyboard feel nice? This does the same job as any expensive one and it also feels nice. If i had that money right now i wouldn't buy a keyboard. I'd save it till i could get a new mobo.

The materials used.... I have a £50 something mouse which has a nice comfy material all over it. Which is nice to touch and keeps my hand firmly on it. It's alot better to feel then the most likely 3.99 mouse your using. it even let's me change the weight so it's not too heavy or too light. Your cheap keyboard and mouse don't do the same thing as a more expensive, quality keyboard and mouse.
Quote from Jakg :I use my PC a LOT and I may as well have one that doesn't require me to tap "1" or "Esc" like a madman just to get the bloody things to work...

I always buy Cherry Soft Touch keyboards, the last one I bought was under a tenner, they feel great, I can type as fast / faster with one of these than I can with any other keyboard, and even though I use my PC for 8+ hours a day most days the keyboard is still going strong when I'm ready to throw the PC itself in a skip.

No ricey blue lights under it, no "ergonomic" molded pieces of plastic shit clipped on it, no programmable buttons, no pointless LCD readout, all your money goes into a good keyboard, not a shit keyboard with expensive gimmicks attached.
Quote from Luke.S :How can a keyboard feel nice? This does the same job as any expensive one and it also feels nice. If i had that money right now i wouldn't buy a keyboard. I'd save it till i could get a new mobo.

You would by a mobo for £33? Chuck £100 on that figure and you get the cost of a decent feature laden keyboard (or at least what mine cost when I picked it up way back when). £33 is a decent price for a good keyboard and not far off what I paid for mine [see attached], and no, your £1.99 board doesn't feel the same.
Attached images
IMAGE_00001.jpg
#37 - Jakg
Blue lights = win,
Hotkeys = Useful (but only a few - G15 stuff = crazy),
Ergonomic keyboards = FAIL imo,
LCD = Useless, from personal experience.

Not keen on Cherry stuff - I think i've tried the one you are on about - is it the laptop-style one or a clunky one?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :You would by a mobo for £33? Chuck £100 on that figure and you get the cost of a decent feature laden keyboard (or at least what mine cost when I picked it up way back when). £33 is a decent price for a good keyboard and not far off what I paid for mine [see attached], and no, your £1.99 board doesn't feel the same.

Nooooo. I meant i would save up till i could get a new mobo
#39 - pipa
#40 - Osco
a new steering wheel for the Miata, 2 switches and 6 ft. of brakeline
Quote from Jakg :Blue lights = win,

Not keen on Cherry stuff - I think i've tried the one you are on about - is it the laptop-style one or a clunky one?

Try my keyboard. I have a Saitek Eclipse II (The III has just come out, it's even nicer imo) Selectable colours, Blue, pink/purple and red, adjustable dimmer, media hotkeys and is just generally comfortable to use.
#42 - Jakg
I don't like the way it feels, though - 'tis a shame nowhere actually lets you "have a go" on keyboards before you buy...
Quote from Jakg :Blue lights = win,

Blue lights = gimmicky nonsense. How does that make a keyboard a more effective keyboard?

Programmable hotkeys = Maybe useful for call centre staff or people with similarly repetitive and shitty jobs, but too expensive to give to those people! No use whatsoever for people who use computers to do anything interesting.

The Cherrys I buy are standard raised-key keyboards, not flat notebook-style jobs. I don't know why they call them "Soft Touch", it seems rather a misnomer. But they are excellent keyboards that will easily cope with 3+ years of constant use and they cost a fraction of all the gimmicky shite keyboards they sell to gullible gamers.
#44 - Jakg
Keys to open certain apps I use a lot are useful, although for me macros are useless.

Lights - meh I don't need them but I don't have a choice...
Quote from Jakg :Keys to open certain apps I use a lot are useful,

Yeah they must shave fractions of seconds off your day. After a couple of years you'll probably have recouped the time you spent programming them in the first place.

BTW I plug in my keyboard and use it.
#47 - Osco
how about we stop the floppy-cock fight about who has the fanciest keyboard and get on with our lives? :hide:

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG