The online racing simulator
Continue InsimInterface?
(7 posts, started )

Poll : Continue?

Yes
Yes (I will be using InsimInterface when it is released)
No
Continue InsimInterface?
Making this thread to see if I should continue working on InsimInterface. I am working on many projects so I want to know if I should give InsimInterface more/less attention or if I should just stop it.

I figure a poll is the easiest way to get a response (The thread has 990 views but that doesn't mean a ton).

Pros:
-Less bandwidth: The regular insim uses a bit of bandwidth. A big hog is the MCI packet which is constantly being received.
-Faster: You don't have to worry about lag between an insim app and the server.
-More direct: With the regular insim, for a request, you have to send a packet then wait for a response to get some information. With InsimInterface you will be able to instantly access any information.
-More info: You can access all the information that the server has.
Cons:
-Windows specific: Sadly, the biggest pro about insim being network based is killed here. insim being networked based means you can have a linux insim/etc. InsimInterface is built into LFS Dedicated so it is windows only.
Can I offer a single piece of advice - if you intend to use the software, then by default you have an invested interest in producing _something_. It's then up to you whether or not you feel it should be a specific standard.

As nice as it is to do stuff for others, if you get nothing out of using your time to develop InSimInterface, then why bother? Work for yourself first, others second.

That should really render the poll kinda redundant.

The other fact would be that you're asking for a definitive answer about unfinished, unreleased and largely undocumented software. No one can really make the judgement, at this stage, that they intend to use your product.
Well I am doing it for some experience. Also, I am not programming anything for myself atm so...
Quote from elmohellno :Well I am doing it for some experience. Also, I am not programming anything for myself atm so...

Then indeed why do it? I know that I for one will use the Interface once it comes out with a PAWN implementation. Because I know the crazy things I can do with that.
#5 - filur
If open source, yes.
edit: irrelevant.

Continue InsimInterface?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG