The online racing simulator
#1 - lerts
anyone into yoga can teach me to solve my wrong breathing?
normally one nostril is partially blocked and the other free, this is related with the brain hemisphere youre using

they exchange every 2 or 3 hours, which means brain main hemisphere has swithced as well

during the last months ive checked and i permanently breath only through my left nostril having the right one almost always blocked

this appears to be unhealthy,very, and in a way explains how im am always with my right hemisphere dominating the creative and imaginative having the logical one in lazyness

i tried some exercise i found on the net to be able to breath through my right nostril, im even cosidering vicks vaporus, but nothing, always breathing wrong permanently only through my left nostril

anyone into yoga who can help me?
FFs, start your own thread again.
Keep this nonsense rambling in that.
#3 - majod
what about visiting a doctor? especially OLRist
Quote from lerts :normally one nostril is partially blocked and the other free, this is related with the brain hemisphere youre using

they exchange every 2 or 3 hours, which means brain main hemisphere has swithced as well

Sorry, but thats complete rubbish
#5 - lerts
Quote from Klutch :FFs, start your own thread again.
Keep this nonsense rambling in that.

now that does it, im starting my own forum and let none in

a doctor would see this as stupid

but elite sports man put something in their nose to breathe through both nostrils i guess

all im asking is a trick to reverse block nostril, anyone into yoga should know

or yoga is nerd
Quote from danowat :Sorry, but thats complete rubbish

Not totally true, one nostril will deal with cleaning snot so it airflow is retarded (try it now, one nostril will be easier to breath through than the other), then they do switch over. But it has nothing to do with your brains creativity.
Sportsman use it to increase the cross sectional area, and hence the volumetric capacity of their airways.

The doctor would be correct - your dominant brain hemisphere doesn't alternate which nostril is blocked on a 2 hour cycle. Most people, most of the time, have both nostrils free flowing.

My tips.

1. Breathe in. Breathe out. If you can manage this then you're fine.
2. Blow your nose. Tissues are best, but some prefer hankerchiefs.
3. Never, ever start another thread.
Quote from lerts :

a doctor would see this as stupid

Because it is stupid.

Quote from lerts :but elite sports man put something in their nose to breathe through both nostrils i guess

No, some sportsmen put those airway openers on their noses to increase the amount of air they can take in, but it's nothing to do with your brain.

Quote from lerts :all im asking is a trick to reverse block nostril, anyone into yoga should know

or yoga is nerd

There is no trick, if a nostril is blocked, it's because something physical (i.e. snot, or inflammed membranes due to infection) is blocking it, not because your brain is changing nostril every 2-3 hours.

Get some sudafed of other decongestant
#9 - lerts
doctors just dont study this nostril alternation, i know casue my sister is a doctor, but yogis have paid attention to it for thousands of years

i respect yogis and their knowledge for what they can do like for example reducing beat heart at will or controlling body temperature and who knows

yoga sites say what i say, science ones not but as a matter of fact im permanently breathing, except rare ocasions that confirm that my nose is healthy, always through my left nostril

and how would you define me as logical or imaginative, left or righter hemi
Quote from lerts :but yogis have paid attention to it for thousands of years

I am gonna grab me some picanic baskets boo-boo
You cold allways do like Michael Jackson - unplug your nose.

Joke aside, order an check with the local doctor, ask him these questions and I'm sure he can help you. I don't think you'll find much comfort or help asking LFS, mainly because it's a userbase not suitable for such discussions.

Good luck with the .. joga thing tho, hope it helps revelaing the patch to enlightement.
the thing id like to achieve is practicing some exercise to breathe more with my righ nostril which happens very rarely, to be more logical

i bet none here breathe freely through both nostrils, i just can recall two times when i did that and feels very good

i bet most of you breath mainly through right nostril you are way too much logical

i posted this with the hope someone practices yoga, nobody? come on of hundreds nobody
Sooo... one nostril is blocked so you start a topic? Blow yer nose and stop talking crap.
Quote from lerts :the thing id like to achieve is practicing some exercise to breathe more with my righ nostril which happens very rarely, to be more logical

i bet none here breathe freely through both nostrils, i just can recall two times when i did that and feels very good

i bet most of you breath mainly through right nostril you are way too much logical

i posted this with the hope someone practices yoga, nobody? come on of hundreds nobody

Wheres the "sighing, shaking head, then putting head into hands" smiley when you need one.

Lerts, you are a nutcase, a total fruit loop, you need help, and fast.
#15 - MR_B
snip
It has nothing to do with which side of the brain you're using, because if that was true I suspect you wouldn't be breathing at all. Most people breathe through both, irrelevant of whether or not they're right- or left-brainers. No-brainers should definitely be using both.

Consult a doctor, you may have some kind of damage to the nasal bone which is blocking a nostril.
#17 - STF
I don`t think he means blocked as in totally blocked, more like.. "restricted". It happens to me too, tho through my left nostril i seem receive a larger volume of air, not right.. but that may be because i have a septum deviation, caused by a strong punch received in a little fight, 15~ years ago..

Go see a doctor, or if you think yoga is the answer, search, attend classes, etc.
BTW, i don`t practice it, but one yoga exercise saved me from spinal surgery, when doctors said "we cut here, we do that..:gnasher:". Don`t underestimate it.
google is your friend.
IMO, you could go to the doctor, tell him you breathe more from your left nostril than from your right one. Full stop.
DO NOT say him anything about "the brain hemisphere you're using" and "yoga", just let him solve your problem for you...
I'm not a doctor... but I think this could help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septoplasty

btw, I'm kind of new here on the forum (or noob, if you prefer ), but I already start to feel like I'm going to faint when, under the thread title, I see that the author is "lerts".
Wow! Here I've always thought I had allergies as I always have one nostral blocked, sometimes both in the summer time and the weeds are growing, people are mowing grass, and flowers are pollenating.

I never knew that I was doing it wrong for the past 37 years with Sudafed or other allergy medicine.

Does my sneezing constantly any time someone is mowing grass have anything to do with my brain switching things as well?

illepall
I have a new suggestion for you.
Try to stop breathing completely for 3 hours. If this doesn't work try again for 6 hours.
If you are still breathing through only one nostril take yourself to India where there are no computers or internet forums and learn from a Swami!

K bye!!
isnt it amazing that not even 1% practices yoga and scorns at it

humm i might get into it
i don't practice yoga but i could swear my gf does...

Quote from theirishnoob :i don't practice yoga but i could swear my gf does...

You don't KNOW?

My gf does, but the breathing is secondary to the stretching and bending. Pilates is the breathing-focused one.
Quote from lerts :

Haha wow.

First the concern that you're unhealthily only using one nostril. Then the crazy bet that nobody here breathes through both. Then to top it off, a veiled insult to "most of" us, because we probably only breathe through our right nostril, making us what "too logical" somehow, incapable of imagination, fantasy or creativity? Classic lerts, but it's getting tiresome. At first you seemed good humoured and friendly, now you seem angry and arrogant.

For the record, you probably have a cold, and when you don't have a cold you probably have hayfever, or an allergy to something......rationality perhaps.
I just have to say thanks to Lerts for enlightening me to his problem, which I assume is also my problem (ignoring all other symptoms of my allergies.)

For the record, I was able to breathe through my left nostral last posting and my right was plugged up. I guess my "brain switched sides" on me because now my right side is clear and I can't breathe through the left.

(had to fix my "new" to "knew" in my post above, DOH!)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG